Author Topic: Walleye/Perch Recipe - Super easy and fast  (Read 2347 times)

Offline bmiller423

• IceShanty Rookie
Walleye/Perch Recipe - Super easy and fast
« on: Jan 24, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Tried to find a new way to cook Walleye and Perch without frying, doing fish tacos, or the usual recipes.  Saw something on YouTube for shrimp and thought I would try it for walleye.  Basically it's a wine sauce which I know isn't uncommon and it's probably been posted here in the past but it worked great for perch and walleye.  I'm not much for exacts on measurements so take it with a grain of salt.  Recipe is as follows:

In a nonstick pan heat a little olive oil and butter.
Cut your fish into whatever size you prefer - I left them in larger pieces for this recipe.  I used about 12-15 pieces for the recipe.
Once the oil is heated saute the fish (about 4 or 5 pieces at a time) for about 1 minute on each side adding a little kosher salt and pepper to each piece (don't want to cook it through).  Once it's sautéed put the fish on a plate with paper towel. 

In a separate pan saute add a little olive oil and butter until it's melted.  Add a 1/2 a white onion (really finely chopped) and saute with a little salt and pepper for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to soften.  I add a table spoon or so of minced garlic and continue to saute for another minute.

Once that's done add a half a bottle of a sweeter white wine to the pan.  Let this cook for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about 1/2.  I add the zest of half a lemon, a little butter, some half and half or heavy cream (not a lot) and then add the fish back in and cook until the fish is completely done.  Right before you serve it throw in fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese. 

I served it over spaghetti, but any kind of pasta would probably work.   Easy recipe and only takes about 15 minutes start to finish.  Best if you use fish that hasn't been frozen yet.

Offline Stovepipe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Walleye/Perch Recipe - Super easy and fast
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2019, 01:46 PM »
That sounds pretty much like the same way my wife cooks up clams. Never thought about using it for walleye but it sounds fantastic. 
When Hell freezes over I'll fish there too!!

Offline tommiefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Filet cut them into cubes not to large. Melt a stick of butter. When melted add fish. Oh.. let butter bubble. Cook through. Tastes like lobster !!

Offline bpdeer57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Years ago while I was a printer we did a book on wild fish and game cooking. They had a recipe for Perch filets that was simple and delicious. Just mix a little olive oil and  Dijon mustard and spread over filets. Put under the broiler for 4 minutes or so. When you take them out sprinkle with the cheese of your choice and enjoy. It’s some of the best fish I have ever eaten.

Offline walleyechobs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:08 PM »
buffalo chicken shakenbake  12 minutes in oven with perch fillets walleye probably a little longer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.