New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Congratulations!!!!!!! Thread  (Read 39187 times)

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Re: Congratulations!!!!!!! Thread
« Reply #120 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Let me get crazy here.. And please forgive me if this just seem out of the realm of possibility.. But why not just have a voting poll.. Run it for a month before the tourney that way everyone has enough time to vote...

Walleye,Perch, Pike, Pickerel,Crappie, Lakers,Bluegills are automatically in.. Unless we have an overwhelming objection...

Species voted for:
Tiger Muskie
Brookies
Rainbows
Browns
LLSalmon
Splake
Burbot
White perch/bass whatever they are called
RockBass
LGM Bass
SmM Bass

Top 5 in votes gets a NY bragin tourney category spot
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #121 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:11 PM »
It would be no different than someone catching a bigger pike! You said it yourself, how often would someone actually enter one? There are 50" pike in NYS, and there are 50" tigers in NYS. Is it because you have no tiger waters near you that you don't like this? You also said that pike get much bigger in NYS than tigers, so what is there to worry about? :)

I have a muskie water near me and I could care less about them (although i do target them after the morning walleye bite) however i mainly target panfish for the freezer... and i love catching 14" perch all day.... just speaking for some people who don't check the thread anymore....

I just think pike should be one separate category and muskie including tigers should be a different category like the ice shanty tourny had

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #122 on: Mar 25, 2015, 12:12 AM »
Let me get crazy here.. And please forgive me if this just seem out of the realm of possibility.. But why not just have a voting poll.. Run it for a month before the tourney that way everyone has enough time to vote...

Walleye,Perch, Pike, Pickerel,Crappie, Lakers,Bluegills are automatically in.. Unless we have an overwhelming objection...

Species voted for:
Tiger Muskie
Brookies
Rainbows
Browns
LLSalmon
Splake
Burbot
White perch/bass whatever they are called
RockBass
LGM Bass
SmM Bass

Top 5 in votes gets a NY bragin tourney category spot
A possibility, but the problem with a few of these other species are they look very similar and hard to tell them apart at times.
Splake - brookies
Rainbows - steelheads - LL salmon

But, i'm cool with adding a few of these next year if you guys really think it will bring a few more entries, but I'm tell you that we'll see the same dozen people posting. But, maybe if we have a warmer ice season, we might see more entries too. this past season was junk for C&R photo entires.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:06 AM »
A possibility, but the problem with a few of these other species are they look very similar and hard to tell them apart at times.
Splake - brookies

But, i'm cool with adding a few of these next year if you guys really think it will bring a few more entries, but I'm tell you that we'll see the same dozen people posting. But, maybe if we have a warmer ice season, we might see more entries too. this past season was junk for C&R photo entires.
I could see the ID being an issue for a couple by picture, but not many. This winter was most definitely brutal for keeping fish out of the water for any period of time. We are due for a break next year. I can only assume adding species to the list would make people take more interest. If it is in fact the same old 12 guys, what do you have to lose? I know if I was targeting a certain species for most of the season, and it wasn't one on the board, I most likely wouldn't participate. I understand that the more species there are on the board, the more work that makes for you ( which the few of us participating definitely appreciate by the way ). But, something has to change in order to draw more people.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Mar 25, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Splake - brookies

Splake and brookies Maybe, I know some can be a little hard to tell the difference

Bows and Steelies  albeit the same fish basically, Id just have a hard time believing someone would go through the trouble of bringing a steelhead all the way to a frozen lake to fool us all to win a braging rights tourney..

Confusing LLs for bows or steelies ? they look absolutely nothing alike, maybe with browns, I know there's been some debates on here distinguishing those 2.. As far as that i would think LLs would win the vote anyway..

I also think that if the sign up date deadline was pushed back just a mere 10 days it would create more participation (just for the braggin tourney)
Lotta folks arent even on the ice until a week or so into the new year and then start coming on the site.. I dont know this as fact, someone would have to look at the numbers.. Just seems to me like things get flowing here once the ice comes, and for a good number of people thats not until after the sign up deadline..

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #125 on: Mar 25, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Splake and brookies Maybe, I know some can be a little hard to tell the difference

Bows and Steelies  albeit the same fish basically, Id just have a hard time believing someone would go through the trouble of bringing a steelhead all the way to a frozen lake to fool us all to win a braging rights tourney..

Confusing LLs for bows or steelies ? they look absolutely nothing alike, maybe with browns, I know there's been some debates on here distinguishing those 2.. As far as that i would think LLs would win the vote anyway..

I also think that if the sign up date deadline was pushed back just a mere 10 days it would create more participation (just for the braggin tourney)
Lotta folks arent even on the ice until a week or so into the new year and then start coming on the site.. I dont know this as fact, someone would have to look at the numbers.. Just seems to me like things get flowing here once the ice comes, and for a good number of people thats not until after the sign up deadline..

Down here in Orange County I am usually fishing around December 20th.... but not big waters then

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #126 on: Mar 25, 2015, 07:48 PM »
the problem with starting early is the tourney card.
Yes I know that we could go without a tourney card but to insure a current catch, we'll need a tourney card.
No since in having a NYbragg'n card only.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Mar 25, 2015, 08:18 PM »
the problem with starting early is the tourney card.
Yes I know that we could go without a tourney card but to insure a current catch, we'll need a tourney card.
No since in having a NYbragg'n card only.

I think maybe i conveyed what i meant wrong. Push the date deadline to get into the NY bragin tourney further into january , for example, all entrants must be signed up for braggin tourney by Jan 10, 2016.. Maybe i had a brain fart, there is no sign up for the NY braggin tourney or is there ?

Down here in Orange County I am usually fishing around December 20th.... but not big waters then
Yah and there are a good amount of people myself included who could fish on ice by december 1st easily every year, not trying to get the early 1st ice guys, more so the late ice guys..

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #128 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:05 PM »
no dead line to sign up for NY bragg'n tourney.
Only have to be a member located in NY and have NY somewhere in your profile, either NY badge in signature or have NY in your location profile.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #129 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:31 PM »
"Bows and Steelies  albeit the same fish basically, Id just have a hard time believing someone would go through the trouble of bringing a steelhead all the way to a frozen lake to fool us all to win a braging rights tourney.."

Steelhead can be caught ice fishing in any of the bays or estuaries of any creek along the big pond.  There would be no need to take them to another lake. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #130 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:30 PM »
people do fish the bays of the great lakes on the ice, so it's ice fishing and a rainbow/steelhead...
You know someone will do it.
Someone is going to catch a spawning LL and think it's a brown or the other way around, you know it's going to happen.
Someone is going to catch a splake and think is't a brookie, or someone is going to catch a brookie on a body of water that is out of season, you know it's going to happen.

All this maybe junk is why we don't normally add these species, but for next year, we will add a few of the trout species to see how it will play out.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #131 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Good luck with your guys tourney next year.  I wish pa would do some thing like this so I could partake. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Good luck with your guys tourney next year.  I wish pa would do some thing like this so I could partake.
If you're that serious, start talking to some other guys who would be interested, and see what has to be done.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline ssdkmd1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2016 ISNY Yellow Perch Entries
« Reply #133 on: Jan 10, 2016, 01:39 PM »
very nice perch

[imgwidth=289height=220]http://i67.tinypic.com/ndoqaw.png[/img]

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #134 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:38 PM »
congrats "ckfish" for being the 1st to post up a fish x2!!!   @)

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
Re: ISNY Brag'n Tourney Q/A, suggestions & comments
« Reply #135 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:34 PM »
WHAT AN AWESOME CRAPPIE, orngcrash17!!!   :thumbsup: :woot: :clap:

** Now remember, my measurement may be off from what lonewolf gives you, so don't PM him about the size you got from him and got from me. ** thank you  :afro:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #136 on: Jan 21, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Nice fish so far...  Hope I have some picture worthy this weekend...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #137 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Nice fish so far...  Hope I have some picture worthy this weekend...
Yes, please show us your fish.  :woot:  ;)2  :afro: And catch a big'n!!  Good luck!!

Offline orngcrush17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing better than fishing memories
« Reply #138 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:48 AM »
No worries, Fish-N-Adventure.... and thanks she was a hog and seeing her come up threw the clear black ice was awesome and really got the heart pumping.
Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he can eat for a lifetime.... take your kid fishing and never stop smiling.

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #139 on: Jan 22, 2016, 11:53 PM »
No worries, Fish-N-Adventure.... and thanks she was a hog and seeing her come up threw the clear black ice was awesome and really got the heart pumping.
I can imagine. Heart pumping and if you were working with a 6" hole, I'm sure you were wondering if it would fit, lol. Because I know the 17.5"er I pulled out of a 6" hole last year was jaw dropper too.  :afro:

Offline backwoodsboy-

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2016 ISNY Walleye Entries
« Reply #140 on: Jan 31, 2016, 08:01 PM »
20 inch walleye who ever is operating that tape measure needs to slow down lol its a inch past the mouth

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
Re: 2016 ISNY Walleye Entries
« Reply #141 on: Feb 01, 2016, 02:52 PM »
20 inch walleye who ever is operating that tape measure needs to slow down lol its a inch past the mouth
Don't you freet, I can figure it all out when I measure up the fish. I'd rather have it 2" in on the tape measure instead of 1/2" not in the picture frame.
Thanks for the help backwoodsboy.  :afro:

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #142 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:04 PM »
very nice fish over the weekend.
HAWG WALLEYE and BEAST PIKE !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #143 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Nice perch Freddy...   :thumbsup: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Feb 13, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Very nice perch, congrats
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:53 PM »
Nice job DSH. I guess I'll have to get a 4 footer this weekend.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Please do !!!! Ill make sure the camera is rolling !!!

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #147 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Nice job DSH. I guess I'll have to get a 4 footer this weekend.
Go get'em!!!!

Awesome Northerns' you two!!!! WTG on icing some monsters, deadsmelthead and FishinNY!!!

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Feb 25, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Nice laker b4L!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Feb 25, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Nice laker b4L!

Thanks man,  Hope to see you put up a 4 footer soon!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.