New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Congratulations!!!!!!! Thread  (Read 39205 times)

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
Re: Congratulations!!!!!!! Thread
« Reply #90 on: Feb 18, 2015, 12:28 AM »
Gotcha just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it
There you go, 14 1/2" yellow perch, WTG, a very nice perch!!!
Congrats

sorry it took so long.  :P

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #91 on: Feb 18, 2015, 06:12 PM »
There you go, 14 1/2" yellow perch, WTG, a very nice perch!!!
Congrats

sorry it took so long.  :P

That's okay.... Only 14 1/2 I swear its 14 9/16..... kidding kidding I thought it was 14 1/2 also but got a extra 1/16th in the online turny.... Lone Wolf must have very good eyes  :blink:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #92 on: Feb 18, 2015, 08:20 PM »
That's okay.... Only 14 1/2 I swear its 14 9/16..... kidding kidding I thought it was 14 1/2 also but got a extra 1/16th in the online turny.... Lone Wolf must have very good eyes  :blink:
DUDE   :blink:  Lonewolf DOES have some really good software that he uses for sure.   :bow:
And alot of members give him crap about it, but there are times that it works for the better my friend.  ;D
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET ONE 1" BIGGER! 
 :icefish:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 18, 2015, 08:21 PM »
DUDE   :blink:  Lonewolf DOES have some really good software that he uses for sure.   :bow:
And alot of members give him crap about it, but there are times that it works for the better my friend.  ;D
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET ONE 1" BIGGER! 

What ever the measurements are I can't complain cause it's up to their judgement... Figured I'd bust on you since other members were complaining about their measurements lol and its all free so if I win the better if not gives me something to shoot for next year

I plan to just have to wait till the guy who I fish that pond/lake I caught it in is off and I can't fish it without him....

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #94 on: Feb 18, 2015, 09:17 PM »
What ever the measurements are I can't complain cause it's up to their judgement... Figured I'd bust on you since other members were complaining about their measurements lol and its all free so if I win the better if not gives me something to shoot for next year

I plan to just have to wait till the guy who I fish that pond/lake I caught it in is off and I can't fish it without him....
I know, I know, we all win some loss some. It's all good, I knew you were busting.  :afro:
Good luck on your hunt for a bigger one, stay warm, dry and tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #95 on: Feb 19, 2015, 06:46 AM »
That's a dandy perch loud mouth
F-n-A  crappie for the wall

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:48 PM »
That's a dandy perch loud mouth
F-n-A  crappie for the wall

Thanks... the numbers are not like last year (took a big hit during a tourney) but there's still a few jumbos in there... let a 14" go to get bigger

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 26, 2015, 08:24 AM »
Ahhhhhh deadsmelthead!  :whistle: " let the games begin " ( Max Goldman ).
Just kidding man, congrats and way to put the pressure on me.  ;D :tipup:
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #98 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:25 PM »
TYVM  ;D ... Now you are destined to break 40".... We are gonna have to get out next week and possibly blanket that area like we talked about.. I got a gut feeling theres a real doosy prowling around there with your name on it...
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 26, 2015, 08:26 PM »
 ;D :thumbsup:
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #100 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:57 AM »

Congrats to everyone and good job F-N-A a job well done thanks a bunch

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #101 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Congrats to everyone and good job F-N-A a job well done thanks a bunch
Well, thanks and a big thanks to all that entered a fish or tow or three.

Now, it seems as if there wan't that many guys this year???  Is we get some more guys in for next year maybe we'll continue, but as of now, it seems that not very many NY ice fishermen are into the Bragg'n tourney??

THOUGHTS ???

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Continue! I'll get a few rounded up. I promise
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:04 AM »
Well, thanks and a big thanks to all that entered a fish or tow or three.

Now, it seems as if there wan't that many guys this year???  Is we get some more guys in for next year maybe we'll continue, but as of now, it seems that not very many NY ice fishermen are into the Bragg'n tourney??

THOUGHTS ???

Think it was the size of the fish entered in the early stages, the walleye and crappie were pretty much unbeatable from the get go, perch was up there also.. And those are really some of the most sought after fish.. As fishny said. Next year will be different.. I've talked to a lot of people out on the ice etc etc, that didn't really know about it...

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:14 AM »
People that would have placed with fish I witnessed caught. And then you have those select few ( me ) that just plain old forget about the online tourney while you're in the moment trying to get a big fish released healthy. Doh
I am Muskies Inc.

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #105 on: Mar 19, 2015, 12:52 AM »
People that would have placed with fish I witnessed caught. And then you have those select few ( me ) that just plain old forget about the online tourney while you're in the moment trying to get a big fish released healthy. Doh
I totally get that right there. It was down right cold through out Feb. and lets talk about the snow, geezzz.
Congrats on C&R'ing, I too C&R about 99.9% of the time. That is why it's nice to have a shanty near by to get into while getting photos ready.  ;D
That and yes, there were some real nice fish posted up right at the begining  ;) , but we still like to see some of y'alls catches.

Now how about changing things up a little bit for next year and chance up some of the catagories ?
Or just stay with the popular 7 that we have ?

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Mar 19, 2015, 06:57 AM »
I totally get that right there. It was down right cold through out Feb. and lets talk about the snow, geezzz.

I know a lot of guys that didnt even fish the month of Feb, was just to much of a PITA..

Now how about changing things up a little bit for next year and chance up some of the catagories ?
Or just stay with the popular 7 that we have ?
Salmon,Browns,Brookies,Rainbows , a couple of them should be in there, Brookies are the state fish after all... Even LM and SM Bass..

Tiger Muskie

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Mar 19, 2015, 07:08 AM »
1. Pike/ Tiger Muskie
2. Lake Trout
3. Browns/ Rainbows/ LL Salmon/ Splake
4. Brookies
5. Crappie
6. Yellow Perch
7. Sunfish
8. Pickerel
9. Walleye
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Mar 20, 2015, 09:46 AM »
How many places can you legally ice fish for brook trout in NY?  I know its illegal everywhere near me.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Mar 20, 2015, 02:56 PM »
How many places can you legally ice fish for brook trout in NY?  I know its illegal everywhere near me.
I would think theres enough, Raquette,Forked, Blue MT lakes are all open year round and hold Brookies and those lakes are all practically next door to each other.. Id imagine theres more if you look for them..

Granted not like there is tons of guys pursuing them, but im sure it would bring out some would be otherwise lurkers

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Mar 20, 2015, 03:24 PM »
Plus I know of one more lake that brookies will be available next year. I'm just thinking of things that will entice more anglers to participate in the NY online tourney next year.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #111 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:02 AM »
I had fish in lake trout and eyes , and Gills  that were a go but kept forgetting , I must be getting senile lol

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Mar 23, 2015, 02:43 PM »
1. Pike/ Tiger Muskie
2. Lake Trout
3. Browns/ Rainbows/ LL Salmon/ Splake
4. Brookies
5. Crappie
6. Yellow Perch
7. Sunfish
8. Pickerel
9. Walleye

This looks good but I would make Pike and Muskies including tiger a separate category and do a trout category instead of browns/rainbows and a separate for brookies. There just are not that many people who target brookies through the ice imo

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:34 PM »
This looks good but I would make Pike and Muskies including tiger a separate category and do a trout category instead of browns/rainbows and a separate for brookies. There just are not that many people who target brookies through the ice imo
You could just have a trout category, but would need to leave brookies out of it IMO.
As far as pike/ muskies, why have a separate category for the two? Pike and tigers grow very similar in length. If it was a contest determined by weight, no they would not be able to compete with each other.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:05 AM »
You could just have a trout category, but would need to leave brookies out of it IMO.

Isn't that what I said?

As far as pike/ muskies, why have a separate category for the two? Pike and tigers grow very similar in length. If it was a contest determined by weight, no they would not be able to compete with each other.

Because someone down the line will catch a big tiger and it will get beat by a pike and they will complain that tiger muskies and pike shouldn't be in the same category because they are different types of fish.... The IceShanty tourney used to have muskie and tigers in the same category since they are both muskies and a separate category for pike but have since got rid of the category for muskies since there were little to no entries year in and year out. Also in NY the lakes that do have tigers in them are no where near how big pike can get in the NY waters. Also, tigers are a lot harder to catch than pike of the same size but about the same as a muskie

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:36 PM »
Isn't that what I said?

Because someone down the line will catch a big tiger and it will get beat by a pike and they will complain that tiger muskies and pike shouldn't be in the same category because they are different types of fish.... The IceShanty tourney used to have muskie and tigers in the same category since they are both muskies and a separate category for pike but have since got rid of the category for muskies since there were little to no entries year in and year out. Also in NY the lakes that do have tigers in them are no where near how big pike can get in the NY waters. Also, tigers are a lot harder to catch than pike of the same size but about the same as a muskie
Idk where you fish for tigers but in the NYS waters I fish, they most certainly do get just as big as NYS pike. And I know very well the hours devoted to catching them.
After all, this is just for bragging rights. Who cares, just fish it. If a species I devote most of my time towards isnt part of it, why participate. We are looking for more participants aren't we?
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:13 PM »
Idk where you fish for tigers but in the NYS waters I fish, they most certainly do get just as big as NYS pike. And I know very well the hours devoted to catching them.
After all, this is just for bragging rights. Who cares, just fish it. If a species I devote most of my time towards is part of it, why participate. We are looking for more participants aren't we?

than why punish the pike anglers when someone catches a bigger tiger?

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:01 PM »
than why punish the pike anglers when someone catches a bigger tiger?
It would be no different than someone catching a bigger pike! You said it yourself, how often would someone actually enter one? There are 50" pike in NYS, and there are 50" tigers in NYS. Is it because you have no tiger waters near you that you don't like this? You also said that pike get much bigger in NYS than tigers, so what is there to worry about? :)
I am Muskies Inc.

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #118 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:13 PM »
all valid points.
Just like combining the trout, I personally don't think it's a good idea to do so, it makes for added complaining.
It's hard to make people happy if you combine any of the species together, there is arguements from all angles.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:55 PM »
all valid points.
Just like combining the trout, I personally don't think it's a good idea to do so, it makes for added complaining.
It's hard to make people happy if you combine any of the species together, there is arguements from all angles.
Can you take a vote? The chances of catching a 40"+ tiger is far less than a pike. And, as we can all see, not a pike over 40" was entered this season. So why not try to open up the door a little bit to get more people participating? The only people who will have a problem will be those who don't have tiger water near by or can't take the 100's of hours involved targeting them. If there was a tiger only category, I can count on one hand of how many people are out there pursuing them in NY.
I am Muskies Inc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.