Author Topic: Wild Bows  (Read 1930 times)

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
Wild Bows
« on: Jan 11, 2020, 11:36 AM »
We finally broke trail into a remote lake on snowmobiles. Rumours of 5-10 pound wild rainbows pushed us. We only got to fish about 2 hours but we managed quite a few fish thru the 2 feet of solid ice.. I feel there are 5+ pound natural rainbow trout as the big ones that got off are still swimming around and of course nothing makes a fish big then almost being caught.  The 5 nites of winter camping in the trailer got cold as I think the coldest we saw on thermometer was -24 but was forecasted for much colder made things like keeping water impossible so had to find creeks each day which was amazing clear cold water..  All the trout had thick shoulders and appeared very healthy for this time of year. I think they may spawn in the winter time there.

Unfortunately this time of year now is getting access to be very difficult with waist deep snow and cold temps in the forecast- will be hibernation time.. The cold is one thing but the super deep powder snow with no base makes it just a ton of work to break trails and gain access to the hard access lakes which interest me the most..
-Tight lines...
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wild Bows
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Thanks for posting those nice fish Ian.  I caught 2 rainbows and 15 pea mouth and 2 squaw fish.  The rainbow that wasn't bleeding to death went back.  -18 tonight and then it gets cold!!
Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Nice fish and great report! I see it's getting pretty cold up in PG. Hope the fish keep warm!

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2020, 09:13 PM »
Very Cool!  I would like to do that some day.  One day in the future will have to get a sled or something with tracks.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.