Author Topic: Iroquois  (Read 12000 times)

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Iroquois
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2021, 08:35 PM »
I've been going quite a bit this year as there is a lot of area to cover there. I was out on Monday and did well for pike. Had one that looked to be maybe 8-10lbs come in a tease the crap outta me. Laid on the soft bottom right beside my hook for 10 minutes while 2 other small ones cruised around above. Ended the day at 5pm with 8 caught in 13 FOW. Saw a couple walleye but they weren't too interested. I'd like to know if there are perch bigger then 4" there. Saw hundreds on the camera and they are crazy feisty but nothing would stay on. It tough to gauge where the action is since the shack are all pretty spaced out. I've stuck to viewing depth maps and looking for flats around 12-18 ft.

I'm gonna have to go back and try to retrieve my cell phone though. It took a dip and disappeared in the soft silty bottom.

Offline armycat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2021, 05:19 PM »
Went to Iroquois Lake to look around a bit today. Never been there before. At Pelican Cove there were still trucks driving on and off the ice. Some were retrieving their shacks. The boat launch has a bit of mud and slush and there are some small ruts. I walked on. There must have been some surface water which froze and left a crust. I broke through the crust in a couple of places. Not sure how thick the ice underneath was, I didn't have my auger.

In the south east corner there was open water on both sides of the bridge the bridge. There were some tracks were people had been accessing the lake near the bridges. These are pretty muddy and rhere are ruts. I didnt leave the road but the ice looked slushy.

At Pebble Baye it was the same as Pelican Cove. A little more mud at the launch. Trucks still going on and off the ice and several huts still on the ice.

Offline Martensville Monster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caug
« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Was on Saturday afternoon. Lots of trucks on the ice. Needed the extension drilling holes. Some surface water, but ice is water saturated and soft drilling so definitely doesn't have the same strength. Some sink pockets in spots and old cracks. Getting on the lake were a bit rutted and light pooling. Still several shacks on. Fishing very poor not even a bit, 5 other groups same generally poor.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2021, 12:33 PM »
Does anyone know how thick the ice is?

Offline tfm00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2021, 11:47 AM »
Was up this past weekend and just a skim. 

Offline tfm00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2021, 09:30 AM »
14-18 inches depending where you are.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2021, 10:13 AM »
I went out yesterday. Definitely a good 14" of ice. There is a big heave south from Pebble Bay. Looked to go almost across the whole east end but I didn't check. Some varying ice thickness around the heave so be careful.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:34 AM »
With this snow we got last night has anyone been out on the ice yet. Where can you drive onto the lake

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2021, 01:00 PM »
With this snow we got last night has anyone been out on the ice yet. Where can you drive onto the lake

Brother and I were out until about 730 last night. Much better walleye fishing around 4pm-6pm. The drive home was a bit sketchy on the highways. I didn't realize it snowed as much as it did and drifted so bad. On the lake there are a few bigger drifts but pretty easy drive with a truck.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 27, 2021, 03:51 PM »
sparksNfishing would you give me a general area where fishing for walleye. I have never been able to find them in that lake.

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2021, 09:20 AM »
Ive wanted to fish here for a while, the depth maps look like there is really good structure for Walleye. Ive been told around the islands and sand bar the ice can really change, also a little further south straight east of pelican cove there looks almost like under water reefs. Any advice about the ice not looking for fishing spots, just areas to be cautious on.

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Your right Evan. Around the islands can be risky with some moving water in the neck down areas.

Also avoid trying to cross the sandbar east of pelican. I saw a truck go through there a while back. He tried to head towards the bridge from pelican and dropped his front end in right on that sand bar.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 30, 2021, 09:11 AM »
sparksNfishing would you give me a general area where fishing for walleye. I have never been able to find them in that lake.

I haven't covered too much ground out there yet. The areas I do have some luck in are around the islands in the middle. I typically find jack in 20 fow or less and walleye in 15-25 fow. Walleye seem to be very neutral during the day but will eat minnows laying right on the bottom in the mud. Evening bite seems good for minnow on the bottom or more active jigging when they get aggressive.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2021, 11:19 AM »
I am thinking of going Sunday as long as it not -30 out. Suppose to be -8

Offline Paraaronoid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2022, 02:14 PM »
Ok, so someone has to start the shenanigans...Snow depth is the new ice depth.

Can a person still drive around on the lake (using 4x4 1/2 ton) with all of the new snow?

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2022, 01:20 PM »
Can you still drive on Iroquois lake with all the snow we have had.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 24, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Heard trucks tried their luck on the SW end and spent hours shoveling as deep. One guy digging out at 8:00 pm last evening. Looks like drive on unless a path is cleared.

Please update if you were out lately.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2022, 11:20 PM »
Was anyone at Iroquois today. Wondering about access and if you can drive on the lake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 30, 2022, 08:35 PM »
Went out today on the small side, not able to drive on way too deep. The SW launches had deep rutted trails so didn't risk driving out as didn't feel like shoveling for hours. With a lifted high clearance truck may be ok. Normal 4x4 may run into problems.

Three groups 9 peopke were out 4-5 hours no fish, few nibbles slow day but enjoyed the fresh air and sun next time!

gman51

« Reply #49 on: Feb 07, 2022, 07:26 AM »
spent a couple days up at Iroquois /big shell met up with a buddy and had a great time on the sleds doing some fishing. pretty slow most of the day for walleyes of course the morning and evening bite did produce a few nothing over 16-17" for the trip. pike were roaming mid day on big shell flags were popping on a large flat we set up on for the afternoon. nothing large but a couple 4 pounders were the biggest. early am produced some more walleye action on Iroquois nothing crazy just some nice eaters. jig and minnow was the ticket they did not want anything to do with loud or flashy. fished til noon packed up and headed back to the cabin. awesome time lots of snow..

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 07, 2022, 06:17 PM »
Awesome thanks for the report rip. Lots of people fishing on Iroquois this year or not too bad?

gman51

« Reply #51 on: Feb 08, 2022, 07:22 AM »
i wouldn't say lots of people from what we seen farmboy. did not see to many trucks bombing around in the area we were at that's for sure. lots of snow. obviously more people getting around on their snowmobiles. could be an interesting spring melt this year for the lakes in that area. creeks will be screaming....

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Thanks rip 👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.