Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610122 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #29100 on: Sep 29, 2022, 02:18 PM »
Pictures from Eddies 3 generation fishing trip...

So it begins...

3am meet and greet

Let's do this!!

Meet my team! From left to right Stephen, Landen, Michael

Landen with his first trophy King Salmon!

Stephen scores!

Proud Pop!

Proud father and son!

2nd Annual 3 Generation’s Strong trip…Success!!

Congratulations Team MasonEddie!!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29101 on: Sep 29, 2022, 02:41 PM »
Eddie....Great pics, what an awesome day for all  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:  thanks for sharing your adventure with us  :clap:

WS.....thanks for posting  ;)2

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29102 on: Sep 29, 2022, 02:54 PM »
Great pictures.  Congratulations to everyone..👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #29103 on: Sep 29, 2022, 03:50 PM »
Way to go guys!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: :woot:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29104 on: Sep 29, 2022, 04:33 PM »
Dom great picture thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

WW... Yum!!

WS

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #29105 on: Sep 29, 2022, 05:56 PM »
Epic!!!  :thumbsup:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #29106 on: Sep 29, 2022, 06:41 PM »
Nice, a multi generation salmon beatdown!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29107 on: Sep 29, 2022, 09:36 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here need to check the latest news update on Hurricane Ian believe it is now over the Atlantic Ocean and projected to turn toward the eastern coastline making landfall sometime on Friday in the area of Charleston, SC. I will attempt tomorrow to contact and get information on my friends and relatives who live in Florida.
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting Eddie's photos from the 3 generation salmon fishing trip.  Best to you when you return to the shack in late October.
Raquettedacker thank you for sharing the photo of bull moose swimming across Raquette lake. Best to you this weekend with your deer hunting.
Ice Wanderer may you have been able to contact your friend and get a report from him on how he is doing currently.  I hope your wife had a problem free drive to her mother's .
Hunts2long good to read you got better sleep last night.  May tonight be similar.
Wallyworld the brownies and pie look great. safe travel wished for you have a great time visiting with your son and his family.
IFF nice to see your cat using the scratching post better then damage to your furniture. Sandra has had a rough time of late make things take a turn for her and get better.
Fish/hunt4ever may you be rewarded for letting your coworker have the time off during the period when you usually are off hunting. Congratulations to his daughter on getting the small buck with her crossbow.
Eddie nice photos congratulations once more to Landen and Stephen on their catches.

May everyone stay healthy and safe. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29108 on: Sep 30, 2022, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......your kitty sure has grown  :whistle:

IW.....when will you be firing up the boiler  ???

WS.....hope the tree work goes smoothly  :flex:

H2L.....fingers crossed you're feeling better  :)

Eddie.....once again congrats on a great trip  :bow:

After closing up the bakery got the lawn mowed again  :flex:  sure seems the grass should be slowing down soon  :unsure:  time to get packed and hit the road  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29109 on: Sep 30, 2022, 04:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A cool start to the day here this morning, 37* and calm, high of 60 today!

Marv…sending out a big Team Thank You and appreciation from my boys and I for sharing the pictures!!   :bow: :thumbsup:  Sorry the first trip didn’t pan out with Big Ben but that also means great adventures yet to come! Gotta ask, how was that blueberry wine??  ;D  Good luck with the tree jobs, be careful with saws today!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your wife had safe travels yesterday and has an enjoyable visit with her Mom.  :thumbsup:   Similar experience with a local gunsmith here who passed on. Did speak with a fellow yesterday and may have him look it over.
  Wally…wishing you safe travels and an excellent visit with the family! Thanks for sharing the bakery treats, they look amazing…yum!!  :thumbsup: :clap:
  Dom…awesome picture of the moose!  :clap: Best of luck on stand this weekend!   :thumbsup:
  H2…glad you’re starting to feel some relief, hope today is a better day for ya!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…X2 on Steve’s reply…we’ll be looking forward to your adventures soon!   :clap:
  Steve…best wishes to your family members, hope all are safe and sound in Florida!   :thumbsup:

Thank You all for the congratulations and kind words on our trip!  :bow:  We were blessed with a great outcome this time in many ways and then some! Another shout out to Marv for our Thanks sharing it here with everyone…you da man!!  :clap:
  Another Dr.’s appointment on today’s planner and then looking forward to a very large meal after being on a clear liquid diet the last day….would like to start with that apple pie from the bakery!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Morning Wally…safe travels and best of luck to the grandchildren with the games!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29110 on: Sep 30, 2022, 05:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 37* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie........Again congratulations to Landen and Stephen on their catches. You have to be very proud that you have raised great boys
                and also are an influence on Landen. :clap: :bow: :bow: Thank you for sharing your trip with us. :flex:
                          Marv.........And thank you for posting the pictures for Eddie. :bow: I hope your next trip back to "The Shack" is more successful. :clap:
                          Wally........Those treats look amazing, I bet your grandchildren love it when you visit. :thumbsup:
                          H2l...........I hope youi got a better nights sleep last night. :unsure:
                          Dom.........Thank you for the picture of the moose swimming. :flex: One time when I was at our hunting camp in The North Maine Woods
                 I came across a moose doing just that, it was an amazing thing to see for myself. It was back when I didn't carry a camera while hunting.  :blink:
                          Bud..........That's a nice picture of your cat. :thumbsup: I wish the weather cat would use a scratching post. :%$#!:
                          Steve........I got a text message from my friend in Bonita Springs and he is fine but has no power, so his only communication is through his
                 cellphone. He heard of the devastation to the surrounding area but has not seen it first hand. I'm sure getting around is troublesome.
                           Looks like it's going to be a nice day, so lawn mowing is is in order and some other getting ready for winter projects.
                           I hope  everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29111 on: Sep 30, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

I have some catching up to do on the thread. First an early morning hair pruning in about 40min. Then off to see if I remember how to fire up a chainsaw.

Eddie...Again Congratulations :clap: :clap:

WW...Safe travels :thumbsup:

One comment about Big Ben. Not until I got home did I find out while I was in stand 2, he was visiting stand 1 :%$#!:

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29112 on: Sep 30, 2022, 05:49 AM »
37* and some mist coming off the river.

Eddie, great pictures of the trip, they told the whole story. WS thanks for posting.

WW, you may see me "flagging" at the Fonda exit, it's for the pie. Have a safe trip and good luck at the games.

WS, hope "ben" gets the memo on which stand to visit.

Went to a wake for one of my friends yesterday. Lived about 1/2 mile apart, rode the same school bus, same class in school, he worked at the marina for awhile then he and my brother built houses together for 35 years. They put the addition on my camp when we moved to the lake. Brian will be missed!

Have a good day and be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29113 on: Sep 30, 2022, 06:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Doug.. 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29114 on: Sep 30, 2022, 07:21 AM »
H2L….so sorry for your loss  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29115 on: Sep 30, 2022, 08:10 AM »
h2l.. Sorry for your loss

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29116 on: Sep 30, 2022, 08:57 AM »

Sorry you lost your Buddy H2L Condolences to family and friends. Eddie looks like a great team. I see the smoke in the background reminded me of a hide and seek challenge in canoes on a small lake with canoes years ago while camping. There was one rule though you always had to keep paddling. It was a blast. Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29117 on: Sep 30, 2022, 10:04 PM »
 Good evening, overcast sky for most of the day here high temperature around 60 currently reading in the middle fifties on my balcony thermometer. It should drop to a low in the middle forties overnight. Got another sign Winter is coming today phone call from property management company say heat has been turned on to building in the complex with the exception of two building which need new circulaters for there heating systems (hot water -based board) . The plumber hopes to have and install the new circulaters next week. If needed we can contact the property management company to receive a space heater to keep things warm. There is a sizable population of senior citizens living at my complex so some people may feel the need for heaters.

I see Hurricane Ian made land fall this afternoon around sixty miles north of Charleston,SC. prayers for people in that area and others in the hurricanes path. Also continued prayers for all affected in Florida. talked with a relative today who reported that or relatives in Florida are fine just some wind damage to their homes need to look at map of Florida my relatives live near Southern end of lake Okeechobee. Believe this is South of Ian's path across Florida.

In local News there was a shooting in Newburgh early Thursday night which left a 29 year old man dead and a five year old child in hospital receiving treatment for gunshot to leg. The child was treated at local hospital and once transferred to Westchester Medical Center which has a children's hospital division for further treatment.

Wallyworld may it have been a proble free trip to MA. for the two of you and the pie have arrived in good condition. Have fun watching your grandchildren compete in their various sports this weekend .Best to all of them and their teammates.
Eddie thank you for the well wishes for my family and friends in Florida. May all of gone well at the doctor's today and you have goten to enjoy a big meal after your procedure. Once the results are in may it be good news for you.
Ice Wander happy for you that you were able to contact your friend and he is safe and good. may he get power back quickly or have a way to keep his cell phone battery charged. Thank you for sharing the moose story must have been exciting to see it swimming.
Whopper Stopper may Big Ben still be around when you return good you have the cameras to help pin point his activities. thank you for the private message.
Hunts2long my condolences to you and Brain's family on his passing.
Old Goat may be good with you and the family.

Keep safe stay healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29118 on: Oct 01, 2022, 04:54 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 41* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Welcome to October. :clap:
                           H2l..........My condolences go oput to you and Brian's family. It's tough losing a life long friend. :(
                           Wally.......I thought I mentioned it but I've been running my boiler all summer for hot water. I used junk wood that I found
                 along the side of the road and cleaned up some of the dead trees on my property. Oil was juts too expensive to buy to run the inside
                 boiler. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                           Steve......I'm glad your family in Florida is safe. :thumbsup:
                           Marv.......Isn't that the way, the big one was somewhere where you weren't. :cookoo: You'll catch up to him next trip. :flex: I hope you
                 remembered how to start a chainsaw. :roflmao:
                           Eddie......I hope your Dr.'s appointment went well. :thumbsup: Any plans for a return trip to the river? ???
                           OG.........That sounds like a fun game. :roflmao:
                           I forgot to mention, yesterday started the 3 day Worlds Largest Garage Sale in Warrensburg, I made the mistake of going to town yesterday.
                 Even being a Friday it was packed. They even close the school for the event. One of my daughter in law's runs the event and they are expecting over
                 40,000 people this year. It keeps getting bigger every year.
                           I hope everyone has a good saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29119 on: Oct 01, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 45*, guessers calling for rain soon and hanging around until early afternoon, high of 54.  Time to flip the calendar again…welcome to October.

H2…my sincere condolences to you and the family on the loss of your longtime friend Brian…very sorry to read that.

Wally…hope you had safe travels to Mass, best of luck to all the players today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…very glad you were able to get information on your family members and they are all safe!  :clap:
  OG.. thank you, if we had moved up stream another 150yds we may have had the conditions you did playing hide and seek, lol. Sounds like you had great time in the canoes!   :thumbsup: :roflmao:
  Marv…ughhh, what a heartbreaker that had to be reviewing the film! Still confident your paths will cross yet and our best of luck wishes remain with you! Hope the tree job went well yesterday! Thanks again for all your help!  :bow: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thank you, and sending your fine words right back you!   :clap: :thumbsup::bow:  See you posted while I was pecking away…hopefully we get another trip to the river together. Best of luck to your DIL with another record turnout!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…have you had a chance to try the kicker motor out yet? 

Dr. appointment went ok yesterday, will find out more on that later in the week. Not much on the planner today yet with the weather. Tomorrow the apple orchard get together is planned with a family dinner afterwards.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29120 on: Oct 01, 2022, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

H2L…..looked for you on the way by, fog was pretty thick thru there so must have missed you

Eddie….prayers for a good report from your doctor this week

IW….you probably did mention it and I forgot, CRS disease you know

WS…..more work today?

Field hockey and 1st ice hockey game of the weekend we’re both losses. Soccer and 2 more ice hockey games today. Fingers crossed the rain holds off until the soccer game finishes

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29121 on: Oct 01, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

49 degrees climbing to 70 later today.

IW...I bet it didn't take long to figure out what all the commotion was all about ;D

Eddie...Hope your Dr appointment brings all good news :thumbsup:

WW...Fingers crossed the soccer and 2 more ice hockey games today bring wins :thumbsup:

I am heading out to take care of what I thought was my last tree job this morning. One of the neighbors wants a bid on something so I may not be caught up.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29122 on: Oct 01, 2022, 07:35 AM »
44* and cloudy.

IW, forgetting the Big Sale is not like you.

WW, I knew that "fog" would do that. Glad you had a good trip.

I am pretty sure my back issue is my sciatica. All those trips to NYC I think.

Thanks for all the thoughts on Brian's passing. His whole crew was at the wake and some very good stories.

Have a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29123 on: Oct 01, 2022, 12:03 PM »
 Good day 55 out side with overcast sky had some rain earlier and forecast calling for showers until 5 PM .  More gun violence in Newburgh shortly after the completion of Friday night's high school football game a fight broke out in one of the parking lots shots were fired and three people wounded. two females and one male all leg wounds. Statement from Newburgh police chief did not give a description of the suspected shooter the parking lot has survailance  cameras. Besides sides school security police officers already stationed at the game were the first to respond ,police agencies from surrounding area respond once call for help went out from the police on scene. School district issued a statement saying they will review security measures already in place and make changes.
Ice Wanderer may the Warrensburg area have good weather this weekend and your DIL not have to many problems during the course of Garage Sale . Hopefully you will not need to go to Warrensburg over the weekend . Hard to imagine that many people in and around what is usually a small quite village this time of year.
Eddie good to read things went well at the doctors may you receive goods news from him next week. Have a good trip to apple orchard and family dinner tomorrow.
Wallyworld may the soccer game be over and played without any rain ,hopefully a victory for your grandchild's team. Best to them with the ice hockey games today did you remember a light jacket to stay warm at the rink while watching the games.
Whopper Stopper may all have gone or be going good with today's tree work. best to you in getting the job with your neighbor..
Hunts2long may your back pain not be to bad today the colder and damp weather does not help you to feel better. May you be able to bowl tomorrow night.
Zcm-82 I follow the what makes you grumpy thread sorry to hear your having problem with kidney stones may you pass them soon and not need any surgery.

May everyone have a good Saturday and weekend. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29124 on: Oct 01, 2022, 04:49 PM »
Been a cool cloudy day here with rain off and on, got the camper topped off and wheelers and gas cans with 35 gallons of fuel with 30 cents of a gallon helped some but still a 125 bucks, desiel filled up and ready. Now to make some dinners and get everything loaded over the next couple of days. Dug up some of the plants and moved to greenhouse and see if they survive. Getting ready to head out and see if the cranes are flying tonight. Heard up where my buddy went today 10 inches of snow so that might help move some critters around this next week. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29125 on: Oct 01, 2022, 09:16 PM »
Well no crane tonight, hit one and thought it was going to fall but it caught itself and took off across the lake and never even acted hit again. Seen about 100 or more just not a lot as low as they needed to be. Heard the pellets hit a couple others from the wife and I but they just bounced off. Thought they were closer than they were on those shots. Maybe tomorrow night.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29126 on: Oct 02, 2022, 05:25 AM »

Good morning ER's
                         It's 41* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Fish.........Hopefully you all have better luck with the cranes tonight. :whistle:
                         Steve.......I don't understand these people, bringing a gun to a football game. The person must have been expecting a feud. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         Wally........I hope the grandkids sporting events went in their favor yesterday. :unsure:
                         H2l...........Oh I knew it was this weekend, just didn't think it would be so crowded on Friday morning. I heard it was a zoo there yesterday. :cookoo:
                         Eddie........Today the weather looks perfect for you family apple picking outing. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.........Hopefully the next tree job is a quick one, so you can get back to "The Shack" to wait for Big Ben show his broadside. :flex:
                         Yesterday I kept myself busy I spit and stacked some Oak that #2 son gave me, then I washed most of the windows in my house. I'll finish them
               today and wash the screens.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29127 on: Oct 02, 2022, 05:41 AM »

Good morning IW ER's hope all are well. Badgers took a whipping yesterday. My daughter went to MN to visit with friends over the weekend. I cleaned the car up yesterday so maybe check the fishing hole or something else today. Stay safe

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29128 on: Oct 02, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

Soccer was a loss, Both hockey games were wins 7-0, 4-0 !!! Game at noon today, regatta is today too, not really a spectator sport tho.

Heading west later today.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29129 on: Oct 02, 2022, 05:57 AM »
45* and clear.

IW, I guess it may have been busy, everyone making up for the past 2 years.

Rocky came and spent the night we are going out for breakfast this morning.

WW, thanks for the score updates. Couple good hockey games. Safe travels.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.