The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gander Outdoors Muncy PA  (Read 974 times)

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gander Outdoors Muncy PA
« on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:18 PM »
If you are looking for ice fishing gear look elsewhere. I have been in 3 times in the last month and a half. First time it is on the truck. Next time we hope to get it soon tonight still nothing and we keep asking. Guess I need to make a trip to Cabelas/Bass Pro.
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline wayno2469

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gander Outdoors Muncy PA
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:41 PM »
I would call before you go, the last time I was in bass pro and asked about ice gear they told me that they were too far south and not in the ice zone so they didn't get any. Cabela's usually has  a small amount of stuff but they are probably getting ready for spring now. Have fun and stay safe! :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2019, 07:47 PM »
I was at the Gander Outdoors in Scranton/Dickson City and their selection SUCKS to be extremely nice about it.  It is even worse than it was when it was Gander Mountain and in all honesty Walmart's selection was better.  As for Field & Stream they're selection also sucks.  I don't even waste my time or gas going to those stores anymore, I just go to the Mom&Pop shop or order online.

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:06 PM »
I swear if i ever won the lottery the first thing i would do is open a fishing shop.  I'd sell nothing but fishing stuff, ice gear, fly stuff, you name it.  Cabelas, Gander, Dicks, all these stores are crap for ice tackle.

Offline Fish4Nate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:21 PM »
I work near Bass Pro and am there often, they had a few ice combos at the beginning of the season, but are all gone now. That is all they had for ice fishing gear. Field and Stream in Camp Hill had decent amount at the beginning of the year, but now they are down to a small rack of lures, a few combos, a couple of shelters, a few sleds, and maybe 4 tip ups.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:39 PM »
I order or make most all my stuff anymore, hard to find ice gear around here.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:55 PM »
We have a lot of great sponsors on our site. I try to patronize many of them.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Fishhog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Tackle Shack is where you need to look for in-stock ice gear for sure. I travel an hour & a half to get there. Don is always helpful.

Offline chipper146

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:44 AM »
I was at the Gander Outdoors in Scranton/Dickson City and their selection SUCKS to be extremely nice about it.  It is even worse than it was when it was Gander Mountain and in all honesty Walmart's selection was better.  As for Field & Stream they're selection also sucks.  I don't even waste my time or gas going to those stores anymore, I just go to the Mom&Pop shop or order online.

That's odd. I was at F&S the other day and they had lots of ice fishing stuff. Way more than any mom and pop place I've been to in the area.
--  Chipper

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:18 AM »
I seen a place on craigslist 1 mile on rt 287 near jersey shore looked like he had a lot of stuff

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:21 AM »
just looked it up called clingers bait and tackle under Williamsport craigslist

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2019, 04:09 PM »

That's odd. I was at F&S the other day and they had lots of ice fishing stuff. Way more than any mom and pop place I've been to in the area.

I'm referring to jigs and jigging rods.  At Field & Stream they have some sleds and two or three shelters but as for jigs and jigging rods there's VERY FEW and even less at Gander.

Offline MikeFLN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2019, 07:52 PM »
I never go to Field and Streams the he'll with Dick's and everything they own as they back stabed gun owners.  I either do mom and pop stores as much as I can or FishUSA which is as close to mom and pop you can online.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Fish307.com is another good place to buy online and their service is top notch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.