The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shenango setup  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Borealis82

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A bad day of ice fishing is like a sore peter...
Shenango setup
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Anybody willing to help me out with what's working best for the crappie at shenango? Never fished it before and heading there now? Thanks for any help you can give

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shenango setup
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Where you going? Swim beach or golden run? Golden run follow the ramp and bare straight between the island and the right shore. ==roadbed. Jog and spikes or plastics. Swim beach follow the PAC. Same bait

Offline Borealis82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Thanks for the help. Trying to get to Golden run as soon as we can find the damn place lol.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:54 AM »
Fish the channel 7' fow. A couple hundred yards out from the golden run boat launch, jigs tipped with grubs or plastics fished clean. Just follow the pack and use your electronics. When you see massive about of fish going through its bait,shad.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Turn right at Taras go down the road a couple of mile turn left,then you come to a T intersection turn left..dead end road and boat launch. Your there bud.

Offline Borealis82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Found it!! Really appreciate the info. Now to find some fish

Offline Ginny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Anyone here for 2019?

Offline Jiggerdoodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Fish the channel 7' fow. A couple hundred yards out from the golden run boat launch, jigs tipped with grubs or plastics fished clean. Just follow the pack and use your electronics. When you see massive about of fish going through its bait,shad.

The lake is only a couple feet below summer pool so instead of 7 fow look for the 10-12 fow.  Usually it is between 7-8 feet below summer pool during winter.

Offline Pastush

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:07 PM »
How much ice is there?

Offline Jiggerdoodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Really couldn't say for positive but I talk to fellows yesterday as they were coming off and said between 5 and 6 inches.  Just a skiff of snow.  I was in street clothes and didn't want to go in the wind.

Offline paulinpa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:34 PM »
    Where do you guys find bait around here? I just moved to the area (Hermitage) and had to drive to Richters for some grub...

Offline Swadey1214

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2019, 09:50 AM »
bills field and stream but he don't open till noon I think he still has bait I would call first.

Offline Outasync

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2019, 12:02 PM »
5 points gas station in hartford. Not far from hermitage and only a few minutes from the swim beach.

Offline paulinpa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2019, 07:47 PM »
    Bill's is the place on 18 just north of the lake? He has nothing...seems pretty much done with bait, at least for winter. Says, sadly, that there's just not enough of a market anymore. I'll look into the other place...thanks!

Offline Ginny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2022, 08:17 PM »
2022. Nobody fishing or nobody posting?

Offline Jiggerdoodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Stopped by the lake yesterday.  4 trucks at swim beach and saw a couple of guys out of the celery farm.  Didn’t see anyone out at Golden run.  Heard they didn’t plow golden run and a few guys got stuck trying.  Trouble is guy fish the same spot from day one until the ice leaves. 

Trouble with that lake is access is very limited.  There is so much water that never see’s a line through the ice.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2022, 02:40 PM »
Fished the swimbeach today. Lake is almost nine feet below summer pool and all the shallow brush is visible. Have some spots marked at 17ft regular pool that are 7.5 ft now. Fished them and got quite a few small fish. 2 crappies and 2 gills was all I could muster for keepers. Drag out was okay but drag back uphill is tough, even packing light. I got numerous reports from guys that golden run has a better bite but the road back there is dangerous. Hasn’t been plowed and guys are getting stuck when two way traffic is approaching. Not enough room for two vehicles so the guy that pulls over gets stuck in the snow and mudd. Please be careful if you choose to go there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.