The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 3 Northern Jigs Orders?  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Miked5136

• IceShanty Rookie
3 Northern Jigs Orders?
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Just wondering if you guys have ordered from 3 Northern Jigs. I placed an order over a month ago but nothing delivered yet. They do say they are very busy right now but I would like to get my order before the season ends.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: 3 Northern Jigs Orders?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 01:19 AM »
I'd tell them either get your order shipped or give you your money back.  I can understand having to wait a bit but having to wait a month is total crap. 

Offline Miked5136

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:14 AM »
I agree. Ordered from about 5 or 6 different places and all orders were received in reasonable time. Will reach out to them to see whats up.

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Do not call and give a hard time ppl need to realize the amount of work involved in one guy painting thousands of jigs for the country!!!! Its not the jig makers fault! It happens every year no matter who the maker is if you are ordering custom jigs after October you better be prepared to wait!!! BTW interested in another great jig maker check out Catchemallcustomjigand tackle.com

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Is there ice yet has the spot on answer. If you want **** jigs go to gander and get mass painted junk jigs like clam, celsious etc. If you want custom painted jigs your gonna wait for them especially if you order right in the middle of the season. And im sure you knew you needed the jigs so why wait till its their most busy time of year????  Use your heads guys order ahead of time plus with this weather you have time to wait. And i agree go check out catchemallcustomjigand tackle.com bryan can paint you anything you can imagine. And i will say this clyde from 3NJ is one hell of a great guy and wouldnt screw you if your thinking he did. Most guys that complain just need to understand to order earlier.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline Miked5136

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:37 AM »

isthereiceyet89/eyefishermandt - no need to get all excited. Was just a question as I'm new to ordering custom jigs. I understand there is a back log during the busy season. I know better for next year. Order during the summer.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:49 AM »
says right on their home page that orders can take more than 4 weeks. Give 'em time and then have a blast with your new jigs when they come in.  :thumbsup:

Offline Miked5136

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:59 AM »
I did see that on their home page. That is why I did not call or email. Just going to wait for the order. Just like waiting for the ice to build up. These things take time!

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:10 AM »
There is another thread discussing a different jig maker basically describing the same situation. I've commented on that thread and stick to my opinion but one thing to take away from all of this is (which I did whilst reading this thread) is the ever more increasing demand for custom ice fishing gear.

Having said that, Fiskas jigs are of equal quality in materials and craftsmanship as the best "custom" jigs. They are hand painted nicely, super sharp durable hooks, clean hook eyes, and consistent. You won't get the cliche patterns (wonderbread, smiley, etc.) that custom guys offer but the fish don't care and you don't have to wait 6+ weeks for someone to finally get to your order. In that amount of time you could order your own bulk tungsten jigs, some powder paint, and do it yourself.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Miked5136

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:30 AM »
My thoughts on custom jigs or any other specialty items is that you do not "need" 90% of the crap that everyone buys. You can get away with the most basic jigs, hooks and electronics. I think that buying all this crap is just part of the fun of ice fishing. Trust me I go though the same kind of "fun" with saltwater fishing too.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:38 AM »
There is another thread discussing a different jig maker basically describing the same situation. I've commented on that thread and stick to my opinion but one thing to take away from all of this is (which I did whilst reading this thread) is the ever more increasing demand for custom ice fishing gear.

Having said that, Fiskas jigs are of equal quality in materials and craftsmanship as the best "custom" jigs. They are hand painted nicely, super sharp durable hooks, clean hook eyes, and consistent. You won't get the cliche patterns (wonderbread, smiley, etc.) that custom guys offer but the fish don't care and you don't have to wait 6+ weeks for someone to finally get to your order. In that amount of time you could order your own bulk tungsten jigs, some powder paint, and do it yourself.

Very true,  The best lures are designed to catch the fisherman / woman..  Fish don't care if it is custom or mass produced. 

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2017, 11:19 AM »
isthereiceyet89/eyefishermandt - no need to get all excited. Was just a question as I'm new to ordering custom jigs. I understand there is a back log during the busy season. I know better for next year. Order during the summer.
nor upset with your post its all the ppl that think giving the guy a hard time is the answer.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Very true,  The best lures are designed to catch the fisherman / woman..  Fish don't care if it is custom or mass produced.

not altogether true. Some of these custom lures have the best hooks and paint where many of the mass produced jigs have cheaper hooks and start chipping before they get wet. Do you gotta clean the eyes or are they already clear? Gotta also take into account where these jigs are being made. Are they mass produced in China or are they made by a guy in smalltown USA.

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2017, 08:03 PM »
not altogether true. Some of these custom lures have the best hooks and paint where many of the mass produced jigs have cheaper hooks and start chipping before they get wet. Do you gotta clean the eyes or are they already clear? Gotta also take into account where these jigs are being made. Are they mass produced in China or are they made by a guy in smalltown USA.

All tungsten is made overseas just painted in the states and you are certainly correct about mass produced junk. And to the other guy above you cant powder paint tungsten jigs.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2017, 05:51 AM »
most tungsten is made over seas. Canada has the largest tungsten mine outside of China.

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2017, 02:48 PM »
most tungsten is made over seas. Canada has the largest tungsten mine outside of China.

Yes tungsten jigs are made in china the tungsten COMES from wherever they can get it. I dont know or never heard of anyone making tungsten jigs in the states or this country if you know of somewhere please let me know.  Thanks

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2017, 05:37 AM »
I wish. I was trying to find tungsten bearings last summer. I wanted to cut a slit in small bearings with a diamond blade and solder a hook on with silver solder and make some for myself. Everywhere I looked was China bearings, had to by in quantity. I didn't want to order 1000 bearings and I wanted to find some bearings that weren't made in China. Well, that really ain't gonna happen.  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.