The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Castle Rock road trip.  (Read 436 times)

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Castle Rock road trip.
« on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Took a drive today to check out some new water, glad I waited until the sun came up instead of leaving at 5AM like I had planed.  The wind was just brutal so I wasn't very mobile, hit up two different spots that were near the landing that I had marked on my GPS.  It wasn't great, but it wasn't a total disaster seeing as I had never fished it before and was just hitting areas that looked good on the map.  Hardly marked any fish, AT ALL, but did get 3 shorts on the deadstick and lost one on the jig rod.  Every once in a while I had really big marks come through about half way up in 20 to 30ft so maybe I should have been hanging shiners up high but I was just there to try and find walleyes.  Never had a flag outside of the shack so I guess they were noticing the commotion and then going for the meat. 

If anyone has any pointers for next time I'm all ears.  It's possible I was just in the wrong area, there was only one shack further south than I was and it looked like there were a few guys up on the point where the west arm comes together with the main lake.

I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.