The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: 2008-2009 bait tank!  (Read 841 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
2008-2009 bait tank!
« on: Jun 22, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Well Ive started my new bait tank for now till the snow gets too deep or start noticing problems!  Heres the info  photos to follow

My wife in a prior marrage owned this property many years ago well we bought it back just a few years back  she had told me of a spring on the property back in the woods  and the water was piped down from there to a tank on the lower part of the property where it was pumped into the house  I always knew where the spring was but never could find any pipes ect down to the house while cutting the grass the other day I noticed alot of water flowing from the ground  thinking I found a spring  I decided to start digging  and found the old water system  so far dug it down 3 1/2'  seems to be a cement culvert  fills back at a fair rate  also nice and cold    right now after digging I can pump out 43 gallons  wife said it never used to freeze   Only concern right now is raseing it up some so minnows dont over flow  and that dissolved oxygen might be down (normal well water is)   gonna have to set the trap and catch some sacrificial minnows to test   Will keep ya all informed!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2008-2009 bait tank!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Now that is awesome! Some left over things are not to bad

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2008, 07:26 PM »
haha nice find i cant wait to see the pictures from this years bait tank from you

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Sounds like a great project for the warm weather.
I look forward to the pictures.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2008, 08:57 PM »
John; I don't know about spring water, but the colder the water the more oxygen. The only thing I would watch out for would be shocking the minnows.  :o

MaineDog; How was East Grand last weekend?
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.