The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Last 2 trips of the season (pics)  (Read 852 times)

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Last 2 trips of the season (pics)
« on: Apr 01, 2008, 06:40 AM »
Went to Androscoggin Lake on Sunday in hopes of fast pickerel action. Perfect Weather.  Caught a ton there during the statewide, but only managed one pickerel from the same fishing spot this time.  Lots of stupid tiny yellow perch flags, including this monster:

Finally this nice brown hit and made us all happy:

check out the split tail

Skipped out of work Monday for the last day of ice fishing.  Went to Pleasant Pond by myself.  I see why you crappie fishermen usually just jig.  I didn't stop running for flags for 2 solid hours.  One time I had 3 out of 4 flags up.  First time crappie fishing, still not sure how I feel about it, but certainly is a good work out.  Got 7 crappie, 2 yellow perch, and 2 bass.

nice bass:

monster bass:

first crappie on jig pole:

I have to say it was a pretty awesome season.  Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on this site.
I'll see all you crazy fools on my fish finder!

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Last 2 trips of the season (pics)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Great report and nice pics. I like that brownie. Congrats.

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Beautiful colors on that brown!  Nice fish.

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Nice variety of fish there. Good job. I agree with above..nice colors on the brown.

I like your hat.
Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2008, 10:20 AM »
nice brown, good job on the crappie, i think you'll learn to like it. better on a jig rod

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2008, 12:17 PM »
nice brown, good job on the crappie, i think you'll learn to like it. better on a jig rod
I will definitely try crappie fishing again at least for the fast action.  But they are just so little.  I gave the 3 larger ones I kept (and by larger I mean 10-12") to another guy who was jigging out there.  I didn't even want to attempt to filet them.  I wish I got into a few more bass, but I didn't have big enough shiners.  The crappie kept stealing them before a bass had a chance to look at them.  But it sure was a fun way to end the season.

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Glad you did well!  It does take a few crappie to get a mess, but I think they are worth it!  You can always count on Pleasant for some fast action!  Take your jig pole out there next year! See you on MFF.
Lindy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.