Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607268 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13560 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....fingers crossed you get the call from NYC today  ;)   I'm sure MrsH2L is more than ready to get back home

OS....congrats on the final Saturday  :clap: :thumbsup:  enjoy your new shorter weeks   ;)2

Eddie....my grass is in desperate need of mowing again   ::)  the ground is SO saturated I don't dare try it, besides the fact that the rain never seems to stop for more than a couple hours  >:(  maybe tomorrow   :unsure:

WS.....you're a brave man hitting the laundromat especially on a Saturday  :bow: :flex:   good place for some people watching tho   ;)2   hope it wasn't too crazy  :wacko:

IW.....hope your time in the woods today pays off   ;)

TT.....glad to hear the doctor's visit was successful  :clap:  hope the healing goes well  :)

IF45.....hope you can get some relief from the headaches soon  ;)

Got the cellar straightened up pretty good  :flex:  the garage could stand some attention too, but that's kind of off limits to me  :roflmao:

Have a good day at whatever you have planned. Stay safe.

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13561 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Good morning Fall weather returned yester with high in the low sixties and strong winds that made it feel cooler. Currently light rain falling and in the forties. Thursday my sister and I met with lawyer went over and signed some paperwork closing date set for end of month. My local ASPCA has a combined thrift store -consignment shop stopped there after seeing lawyer they are willing to take some of the furniture still in house as a donation. I have to arrange rental of U-Haul van next week and bring items to their location.
Eddie glad the coloring from black concrete comes off with a good scrubbing.  Congratulations to you and your crew on finishing the "Great Wall of Albany" . Good fishing and a safe trip if you head to Pulaski area this Sunday. Safe and good hunting to your sons.
Ice Wanderer good to read rain did not affect your walkway. Did your wife's dog come home a safe journey to her this weekend. May you see plenty of deer action today.
Whopper Stopper have you ever run into problems with scent being left on your hunting clothes after using public laundry never know what residue is left from previous use of washers. I think there is some unwritten rule that after you dispose of items that have sat unused in your home for years the next week you will need the item. I have also had same experience as Mr.Turkey and end up with multiples of same tool or screws/nails.
Wallyworld hope Mr.WW is not sea-sick after spending yesterday in his tree stand with the high winds. Is your house better organized now and good sized pile of things to dispose next trash day.
Hunts2long may your wife get a good report from her doctors and get to come home next week. Hope you get a day or more notice of her release. May you find the time to hunt this big game season .
Icefisher-45 may the MRI give your doctor information needed to help with your head ache problem.
Tom Turkey happy to hear your wife finally got proper treatment for her hand. We had similar experience here in NY. where bow hunters fought the legalizing of crossbows and their use during archery season. Believe it took several years to pass law think it is about 5 years now that you can use a crossbow.
OldSailor enjoy your 3 day weekends while they last.
Morning Wally world see you beat me posting today happy your cellar is in better shape may the rains stop and ground firm up enough for a final mowing.

A good and safe Saturday to everyone. A good and safe  time to all fishing and hunting this weekend.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13562 on: Oct 14, 2018, 04:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  38* and calm this am, might get close...but don't think we'll see our first frost here on the Hill this morning, high of 56 today.

Steve...congratulation s to both you and your sister on the closing date, that's terrific, so happy for you!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Got a reminder we're starting at 5am again tomorrow, so I passed on the salmon trip today. Hopefully get my lawn in order today, looks like more rain coming tomorrow.
  Wally..agreed, this weather has been tough lately, lol. Glad you got your basement under control, one less chore to deal with!  :thumbsup:  Careful not to bury the tractor today!   ;D
  Bud..you can send some of that weather East anytime you're ready! The ticks have been horrible here, that weather would surely help. Might be an early ice season out there for you... :thumbsup:
  Tom...I remember when I was younger, all the casts were white and it was a big deal to sign them when someone had one...Did you sign Mrs. TT's cast?   ;D.  Wishing her well, glad it was a short visit!   :thumbsup:
  H2..hope you received some good news yesterday on your wife.  :thumbsup:   Thought the same thing on that article, might have had one too many... :woot:
  Mike....congratulation s, that's great news! Enjoy the heck out of your free time!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Jeff...betting there's some frost up your way this am...best of luck with the hunting today if you're heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...never know what you'll see at the laundromats, have had a few adventures in them in the past, lol. The dogs were loving the cooler weather here this am... :thumbsup:

Looks like the Astro's took down Boston last evening in game 1 of the ALCS...no offense to any Red Sox fans, but "Go Houston!!".  :clap:
  We dog sat yesterday for my son Mikes pure bred beagle, what a trip that was. For some reason, the dog didn't care for someone visiting us and ran circles around them stopping periodically to howl like I've never heard her before, it was hysterical. Occasionally, she'd stand on her hinds and sniff the air...it brought lots of laughs and made one wonder what the heck is this all about!   :roflmao:
  Cawfee's brewing...
Have a great day all, be safe, bet of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13563 on: Oct 14, 2018, 05:00 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 35* and mostly clear here on my hill, but it's always warmer here than at MW's and down the hill a little. I bet they have frost. ::)
                             Eddie........I didn't see what I wanted yesterday but saw one on my trail camera so I'll wait. :whistle:
                             Steve........I'm glad to hear that everything is settled with the house, I bet you and your sister are relieved that's it's a done deal. :clap:
                             Tom..........I hope the cast helps the wife's thumb, purple or white, purple probably cost more. :woot:
                             Wally.........I hope your lawn mowing goes OK, we don't want to hear that your tractor got stuck! :whistle:
                             Bud...........Like Eddie said we want some of your weather, did you run the snowblower? ???
                             I forgot.....But yesterday was the 243 rd Birthday of the United States Navy. :flex: Happy Birthday to us. :clap:
                             I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out doing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13564 on: Oct 14, 2018, 05:05 AM »
Cool morning. Upper 30's.
The Mrs. won't be coming home this weekend. She is feeling better but until they find something wrong she stays. This whole ordeal has been like that. "We know she is sick, but we don't know what's causing it."

Talked to a few guys that hunted yesterday. Couple does were seen and a few tails. They all said the leaves are thick in the woods and it was windy. I did get the MZ dusted off.
One of the guys "checked" himself out of hospice on Thursday so he could hunt this weekend. He has to use a walker but did get a permit to shoot from the ATV so he doesn't have to walk that much. He is maybe 20 years younger but had a rough live. I told him if its just for the meat, we will get him some. He said "No", I like to hunt. I guess we can all understand how he feels.

IW, yes Happy Birthday to us. Just wish Navy would have won yesterday.
Have a good Sunday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13565 on: Oct 14, 2018, 08:55 AM »
No frost again this morning. The bow hunters are talking about having frost but my temp map does not show any temperatures close to freezing in the lower. I got a lot of leaves blown into piles in the front yard fighting the swirling winds all of the time. I forgot I needed a new tarp so I got one when I took the wife to bingo. Cleaning them up this morning is my first job of the day.

The wife's cast has helped her pain to a point. I do not know if a white cast was an option or not. I do not think there was any difference in cost with colors instead of white. Purple is her favorite color. I have not signed her cast, YET! The nice part with the new casts is they are water proof so you can take a shower with no worry. I had a plaster cast on my foot for 8 weeks years ago. I felt sorry for the gal that took it off as the stench was nasty.

Mr C The traditional bow hunters fought compound bows but they were made legal. When cross bows came around they fought them even harder but they are legal too.

H2L Hopefully they can figure out your wife's problem soon so she can come home. It sounds like a long drive to visit her.

Back when we had pheasants in Michigan, opening day it was raining bad. You would end up being a few inches taller from the mud on your boots. After a few hours the hunters ran the women out of a laundromat in Holland, Raqs old bailiwick, so the could dry out their clothes. No worry about some one seeing in as the windows were steamed up for the moisture in there.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13566 on: Oct 14, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Morning all,

TT....glad to hear the cast is helping  :clap:

H2L....hope the doc's can get things figured out soon so MrsH2L can get back home  :)

Eddie....can't imagine the number of people on the river today with the cooler temps & the sun shining  :wacko: 

MrC.....congrats on the date being set  :thumbsup:  a long time coming  ;)

WS....everything clean and scent free  ???

IW....a thank you to all that served and continue to serve in the navy  :bow: :bow:  happy birthday  ;D

Just finished watching 2 of the grandkid's hockey games live online  :thumbsup:  one loss  :'(  one win  :flex:  will be heading out there Thursday for the weekend while Mom & Dad take a little break  ;)

Have a good day doing whatever you have on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13567 on: Oct 14, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Good Morning everyone :bow:

The snow is coming down at a pretty good clip, but they are saying by next weekend highs in the 60's ???

Eddie great beagle story :thumbsup: I miss having a dog around, they always had a way of making the day just right :cookoo: Back in the day we use to drive buses around the country and laundromats were our Sunday entertainment. Many beer were drank waiting for the clothes to finish.

TT Good news about your wife :thumbsup: I never had a cast but often thought those old style had to be miserable. Hope she can put the experience behind her soon :thumbsup:

mr.clean Congratulation with the house, it has to be bitter sweet for you. You had asked about washing clothes at the laundromat. I always clean the washer and dryer before using them with baking soda solution. I still put most of my faith in the wind, but when it begins to swirl all bets are off. 

WW almost ready to go here, yep clothes are clean. I have to make a run to the jungle tomorrow and then probably head north on Tuesday.

Yesterday we took a quick ride to the shack and collected a couple of camera cards and I brushed in my ladder stand. For some reason I am having problems uploading to Youtube. I will add it if I can figure out the problem.

Hope you all have a good Sunday no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13568 on: Oct 14, 2018, 01:04 PM »
WS, those were a couple of nice "eater" deer on the video!!! :thumbsup: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13569 on: Oct 14, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone (even though I've been here in the background  ;)). Here is the pic of the ice machine I was talking about along with it's description.
 Have a great rest of the day  :)

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13570 on: Oct 14, 2018, 01:26 PM »
I also forgot to mention the Evinrude Scout moped they had on display there. Interesting little machine that appeared to use an actual boat motor (note the radiator and fan for liquid cooling) with a wheel where the propeller would be to press against the bike tire to make it go.

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13571 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:09 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 39* and clear, I can see stars, but the guessers are calling for showers, the radar shows them down on the Pa. N.Y. border. ::)
                            Marv........Great video, doesn't it always happen after the season is over the bears show up. :cookoo: Nice looking Deer as well, maybe you
                    can get a shot at him! :thumbsup:
                           Wally........Isn't technology great, you can watch the grand kids from your own home. :clap: How did the mowing go? ???
                           DFF..........Those are some interesting looking items. :thumbsup:
                           Tom.........I'm glad the the cast is helping your wife's pain, it's amazing hoe immobilization can help relieve pain. :clap:
                           H2L.........I hope the Dr.'s can figure out what's ailing your wife! ???
                           Went out yesterday afternoon and sat till almost dark but nothing showed up, the trail cam pics show deer from 4:34 am till around 6.45 am then'     
                    later after dark, I'm going over and see if I can sneak in and not disturb a deer.!
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13572 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone! :bow:

34 heading to 40 with a shot of sunshine @)

Good luck IW hope you have success today :thumbsup:

DFF nice pictured thanks for posting them :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

WW pretty neat watching the games online :thumbsup: Hope you have a good trip Thursday,

I am heading to the shack early tomorrow morning. I had a call from my brother yesterday and he will be heading there to join me. I am looking forward to spending a few days with him, always makes for a good time. My wife is happy because she worries about my hunting out there alone.

I will check in when I can.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13573 on: Oct 15, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Happy Monday.
Eddie, hope you have a good week.
WS, that is a nice buck and the bear looked right at home. Enjoy your time with your brother.
WW, looks like you may be doing some baking later in the week. Have a great trip. Isn't "tech" great?
IW, the guys I have talked to, aren't seeing much either. They all say the leaves are thick. It only gets better as we get into the season. Good luck.
We took all 4 points last night. I bowled pretty good, 37 pins over my avg.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13574 on: Oct 15, 2018, 06:45 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats on a great night on the alley   :flex:   hope you get some good news from the city today  ;)

IW....good luck in the woods today  ;D

WS....safe travels to the shack, hope bullwinkle makes another appearance  :thumbsup:  enjoy the time with your brother  :)

Eddie.....hope the rain doesn't interfere with work today  ::)   

Managed to get some parts of the lawn mowed without getting stuck  :clap:  seems each time I mow lately the areas I can actually drive on get smaller and smaller tho  >:(  and it is raining yet again   :%$#!:  can't even begin to imagine how those affected by Florence & Michael must feel  :'(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13575 on: Oct 15, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Some rain moving through AGAIN this morning. I cleaned up the leave piles n the front yard and blew the leaves in the back yard back to where they came from yesterday, the vacant lot out back. With the north wind you can hardly tell I blew the back yard now. I have not looked at the front yard yet.

WS That first deer seems to be camera shy. Enjoy the time with your brother.

The other morning I noticed a dead rabbit in the front yard. No sign of trauma so I have no clue to it's demise. The neighbor a few houses away has a bunch of cats running the neighbor hood but they would have torn it up.

ww Having the grass cut short sure makes it easier clenaing up the leaves. Luckily our lawn does nont get soggy. I missed a few areas and it was harder to get the leaves blown out of them.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13576 on: Oct 16, 2018, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  40* and windy here this am, high of 51. Lost another post yesterday, kept losing Internet connection again. Came close to our first frost yesterday but no cigar, made it down to 35.

Marv...best of luck with the deer hunting! Thanks for sharing the video, amazing how that works sometimes. Nice buck...hope he comes back for a visit!   Have a great time with your brother.. :thumbsup:
  Tom..glad your wife is coming along now.  :thumbsup: 
  H2..wtg on the bowling and moving up on the board! Hope you got some good news on your wife and she will be coming home soon!  :thumbsup:
 Wally...that is so awesome you got to watch the granchildrens games live! Congrats to them both, there's so much more to it than just a check mark in the win column.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...looking forward to your report, and best of luck today if you're sneaking in for a morning stand!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  DFF...thanks for sharing the pictures, loving that Harley driven ice machine!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Another 5am start this am, concrete coming at 6. We got pretty lucky yesterday, a light rain fell after we had 12yds. of sidewalks in then petered out. The steady winds helped with the drying, and by quitting time everything was in good shape.
  Saw some footage on Panama City Fla. last evening and the damages from Hurricane Michael..devastating. believe they mentioned 40 people still unaccounted for.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13577 on: Oct 16, 2018, 03:46 AM »
Good morning all!
Nice to see you early risers still sharing a cup of coffee and conversation. I guess the chill in the air asked me to stop in and see what's going on in the Shanty. I've been shutting down the gardens, canning up the harvest and working in my little wood shop making Christmas gifts.

All is well at our house. Nothing to complain about any way.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13578 on: Oct 16, 2018, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, rg, ER's,
                          It's 39* and a little breezy here on my hill the wind last night was just a howling, measured a 38 mph on my wind gauge! ::)
                          rg........Welcome back to the morning group, I hope you had a good summer with your garden and other projects. :thumbsup:
                          H2L......Good job on bowling night. :clap: How is your wife doing any news on her problem? ??? It's been slow hunting around
             here as well. :blink:
                         Marv......Your wife is right, you should have some with you, I'm glad you'll be spending some time with your brother, good luck to you both. :thumbsup:
                         Tom.......It must be a never ending job blowing leave on the vacant lot, the winds blow them back to you. :whistle:
                         Wally......It looks like a drying trend is coming, I hope you dry out over there. :blink:
                         Today is watching my grandson day and I also have my #3 sons daughter coming in a little while, so no hunting this am! ::)
                         I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or out in the woods or on some water.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13579 on: Oct 16, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning. Rained on and off yesterday. Got some things done around the house. I think Scout is getting tired of having only me to talk too, or is it the other way around....lol.
The wife's temp is back to normal but her air-flow is low at time still. Starting today her regular Dr. is the floor Dr. so should get some better info. Don't get me wrong, they are all very good, it is just more comfortable talking to the Dr. that has been on top of everything for 2+ years.

Wed. night I have to pick the daughter and her BF up at 11pm in Albany. They won't be happy with the change in the weather coming from CA.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13580 on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Chilly morning. I can not see any frost on the garage roof but the temp will drop a little just before sunrise.

IW Lots of leaf blowing today after we get back from the podiatrist. With the north wind yesterday the sassafras leaves from the lot out back all got blown onto my back yard. No blowing yesterday as the leaves would have come back in my face. Luckily they are mostly on the ground now. Just a big black cherry and a maple to go. Those have to go into my mulch pile as I have a new neighbor where they fall. The back of the vacant lot is just brush brambles and trees so when I blow the leaves back where they came from they stay there. Any limbs and branches that fall on my lot go back there too.

H2L Hopefully your wife gets to come home soon. I am sure the daughter and her BF will be looking for some extra clothes when they come home. The wife's granddaughter came home from Phoenix for a few days the first part of October. She had some warm clothes in her checked baggage that never arrived so she was scrambling for some thing to keep her self warm and it was still in the 50's. 

Eddie There must not have been any trees around the pour dropping leaves in the concrete. They might have made for some interesting looking stamped concrete.

I talked to my life long hunting buddy last night. His brother had a hip replaced a few weeks ago. He is back in the woods deer hunting where he has hunted since the early 50's. His wife takes him and sits with him. Every one thought he was done hunting when he had a bolt of a gun blow out and take his right eye. I laughed and told them they did not know Charlie. He switched to shooting left handed both with a gun and a bow. He was back in the woods the next fall. A hip relacement is not going to keep him out of the woods. These two brothers are like family to me.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13581 on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hopefully the regular doc can get you more info and get MrsH2L home soon  ;)

IW.....have a fun day with the grandkids  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....glad to hear the rain didn't mess with your work yesterday  :clap:  must be about time to move to indoor projects for the winter  ???

RG.....thanks for dropping in  :)

TT....leaf removal is one of life's biggest PITA   :whistle:  :woot: 

WS....got the fingers crossed for that buck to return  ;)2

Had rain pretty much all day yesterday, especially hard around dinner time  :%$#!:  not to mention the gale force winds with it  :blink:  still windy but no rain  ;D  till tomorrow again  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13582 on: Oct 16, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, Starting to cool down. Hoping for a early ice. Hoping to get out on the ice this year. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Good luck and be safe to the ones in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13583 on: Oct 16, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

6 hours on stand and things are quiet, except the wind which is blowing pretty hard.

I'm not expecting much for a couple weeks yet but you never know. My stand is in route to a small corn field which has been seeing some use.

I plan on sitting here again tomorrow morning. Thursday is supposed to be 30+mph winds.

Hope you all have an excellent night! Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13584 on: Oct 17, 2018, 03:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day! 
  Another swing and a miss with our first frost here this am...38* and breezy, high of 48 today. Tomorrow morning could be different, calling for a low of 27 over night...tick tock tick tock!!  ;D.  Speaking of swing and miss, congrats to the Boston fans for another win last night, now up 2 games to 1 in the ALCS.  :thumbsup:  Hard to believe a Yankee fan said that... :roflmao:

Marv...great looking spot! Thanks for the update, hope the late afternoon watch was more productive. Looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...X2 on the early ice this season.  :thumbsup:  How far are you from the Albany NY area?
  Wally..calling for more rain here after the noon hour again today as well...we don't need anymore!  :%$#!:
  Tom...we had our share of leaves on the concrete, but did our best to remove them. We always have a blower handy, but occasionally they get mixed in...we call that " the Fall finish ".    ;D.   Your buddy's brother sounds like quite a guy,  :thumbsup: to him and his wife, good stuff!    :clap: :bow:
  H2...that's great the regular Dr. is there daily now with your wife, hope he can pinpoint that problem with the air flow. Safe travels this evening to the airport.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you had a good day with the grandchildren! Best of luck this morning with the hunting if you're heading to the stand!   :thumbsup:
  RG...welcome back, we've been keeping the lights on here again!   ;D. Have been keeping up with your threads over on MFF, wonderful job on the urn and the lights, the garden was awesome!   :clap:

6am start today, no concrete ready to pour.  :clap:  Looked at another project yesterday over to the Mansion, small job removing a 3 stepped stone staircase and then connecting the stone walls together on each side. Believe we'll be starting that this am, but one never knows how that will go.   ;D
  Got my truck inspected yesterday, good to go for another year...what a relief. Figured for sure they'd fail me on something. Cawfee's brewing...got a 12 pack of Quaker oats on the counter if anyone's ready for one,  help yourself!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13585 on: Oct 17, 2018, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's<
                      It's 39* and partly cloudy here on my hill, the same weather as down by Eddie, rain this afternoon. ::) I better head out to my blind! :whistle:
                      Tom.......My wife gave me a Troy built Jet Blower last year for Christmas, the first couple of time I blew the leaves from my lawn to the woods
              but there were so many leaves and brush that I couldn't get the far enough in to the wood in my front yard. So I'm back to using my mulching mower
              to rid the leaves.  :flex:
                      H2L.......I hope the Dr. gave some more insight to your wife's problem! ???
                      Marv......That looks like a nice spot to ambush that big buck! :clap:
                      Eddie.....You can't get way from the mansion, I hope they are better prepared on this project. :thumbsup:
                      Wally.....I've heard the we might get snow next week, are you ready. ???     
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out in the sporting world.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13586 on: Oct 17, 2018, 05:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 35 degrees right now, supposed to be a nice day.

Mason Eddie i’m About 3 hrs away from Albany.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13587 on: Oct 17, 2018, 06:20 AM »
No frost over night. 41* right now with light winds that are guessed to pick up later. Headed down to get the cast off of the wife's arm this morning. It is causing her a lot of pain.

Eddie I have a lot of stories about those two brothers. I was working with their mother at a 5 and 10 when I was first able to go deer hunting in 1957. Knowing that I had no one to take me deer hunting she invited me to go with them at the same area the older one's wife is hunting with him since his hip replacement. When her mother passed away she was introducing me as her adopted son at the visitation, that is how close I became with that family. I am closer to those guys than I am to my own brother. I talk to the younger one a couple of times a week.

ww. Mother Nature did me a big favor yesterday. She blew a lot of the leaves in the direction they need to go making the clean up job quicker. I see the neighbor outback had his motorcycle loaded on a trailer the other day. I do not know if it needed repair or he was putting it in storage. It sat out uncovered all last winter along with his JD mower.

IW With the amount of leaves I had to deal with in the back yard yesterday, mowing them was not an option. I cut  down a lot of the briars on the edge of the vacant lot so I can blow the leaves farther into woods. The leaves came from trees on that lot so I am just retuning them home. Most of the leaves in the front yard got blown up against the house so it will not be hard to rake them onto my tarp and put them in my mulch pile.

RG We are here all year not just in ice season. I have been watching your posts on the other site just not posting much over there. Great bunch of people in this thread.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13588 on: Oct 17, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Good Morning. Around 40 and some very light rain.
The wife is not a "happy camper" this morning. At midnight they had to replace her IV (3rd time). Today they are putting in a PICC line to make everything easier. She wants a "real" cup of coffee. Guy that owns the land I hunt on is off on Thursday so going to stop in with one for her. This afternoon they are going to go in and look at her lungs and take a tissue sample for testing. That is good but it takes 2 days for results to come back. She has been told it may be Monday before she can come home.
On the good side, temp is back to normal and her oxygen levels have returned to good levels.
My daughter and her BF get into Albany at 11pm tonight. I may even go set in the woods on Friday.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13589 on: Oct 17, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....lack of good coffee is "grounds" for an uprising  :roflmao:  safe travels tonight  :)

WS.....watched 2 bucks in my backyard this morning sparing  :flex:  guess the cooler temps are getting them "in the mood"  :woot:

Eddie...took a ride to the hatchery yesterday, the stripping's in full swing now  :) some "huge" salmon in there  :o  went into town & watched from the bridge as guys were catching some VERY silver fish, must be a fresh run has moved in  ;)2

TT.....in the 26 years we've lived here I've NEVER had the so much of the lawn be too soggy to mow  >:(  and now the leaves are getting soaked too...what a mess  ::)  drives me crazy seeing people leave their equipment/toys out in the weather, buy a cheap portable garage or at least cover them with a heavy duty tarp  :-\ 

IW.....no snow yet please  :nono: :blink:  but it would be nice if the ground would freeze sometime soon  ;D

more rain today  :wacko: some baking to do, clothes to pack and some errands to run before heading to MA tomorrow morning  :) 

Have a good day at work or play. Good luck to all the hunters. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.