The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: lake Viva Naughton  (Read 1663 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
lake Viva Naughton
« on: Dec 24, 2006, 11:31 PM »
 :)I finally got out on the ice today at Viva Naughton.  the ice is now 14+ inches thick and the snow isn't bad on the ice.   I took the 4 wheeler and my ice shack out on the lake and did'nt have any problems with the snow as there are still bare spots on the ice- no snow.   I did'nt have any problems finding a place to park as I was the only person on the lake.  Some buddies of mine have been fishing it since ice on and the fishing has been slow.  I only caught one 12 inch rainbow and missed a couple of bites.  I fished for about 3 1/2 hours.   It was cold and windy but it was nice to have gotten out on the ice again.   
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re: lake Viva Naughton
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2006, 07:52 AM »
TR,
I have fished "Lake Viva Nothin" a couple of times this year. I thought that I was the only one having slow times up there, but everyone that I have talked to, are saying that the fish have lock jaw up there. It will pick up, soon I hope...
tight lines :tipup:
Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline WYOiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lake Viva Naughton
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Hey TR I was talking to my brother Mar. Bati. and he said that he's been doing pretty good on the north end, some 20 to 24"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.