Author Topic: Mount Tom?  (Read 750 times)

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mount Tom?
« on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Anyone been up to Mount Tom lately? If so how has the fishing been? Any of those salmon caught yet?

Thinking about going tomorrow or Thursday if anyone is interested.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mount Tom?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2010, 02:20 PM »
So today I went to Mount Tom with my father and brother. Left bright and early to make the long trip north. Hit the ice about 6:45 and was fishing by 7:00.  Got one flag close to the beach right after all the tilts were in and true to my name broke the line off on a nice fish after a couple good runs of the line(12 lb leader). After that it was really  really  slow....  we got 5 flags on the day and caught 2 pickeral that were just under 8" each. Around 12:00 we had a visit from the Game Warden, they walked all the way across the lake to us, kinda felt bad as the ice was really slippery as the ice started to melt a little. They were nice guys and after a check of our licesnes they were on the way back across the lake. So the sausage and eggs were great and I have had my fill of Mount Tom. By the way there was 7-8" of ice and there is a derby there on Sunday. Hope you have a good time, I am sticking to a local pond Sunday.

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2010, 06:07 PM »
went to mount tom one time didin't do too good, at least you caught a few. sorry to hear about your line, he'll be there for you next time.

Offline Don D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:39 AM »
We were there yesterday also. 1 pick, 1 crappie, 1 rock bass. Stunk, won't waste my time there any more.
Fishing is my passion, family is my life.

Offline KOZ473

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Went to mount Tom today- very slow, only 3 flags-( 1) 13" sm. Lot of guys out there. great day to be out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.