Author Topic: 1ce?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
1ce?
« on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:03 AM »
Any one been on Gardners or Mashapaug last few nites? Want to go out tonite, but getting a little wary of ice with this warm weather. Thanks and good fishing. ::)

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1ce?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Wondering exactly the same thing bugchazer. Wally needs some shiners for dinner, I want some wally for mine. :)

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Beats the hell outa sittin home
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:51 PM »
I was there last night ice is fine gray but fine ran my quad back n fourth to the launch few times she was making ice the whole time i was there stayed till 1 am man where some of those cracks load going across the whole lake sounded like a freight train coming at you 4pm-1am eight fish six walleye 4 keepers 2 calico's nice ones ;D

Offline icehole37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:06 PM »
I was there last night ice is fine gray but fine ran my quad back n fourth to the launch few times she was making ice the whole time i was there stayed till 1 am man where some of those cracks load going across the whole lake sounded like a freight train coming at you 4pm-1am eight fish six walleye 4 keepers 2 calico's nice ones ;D
[/i am looking to try walleye fishing at night, any tips you could share?quote]

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Hey 24/7, you going tonight? I think we spoke at the launch last Friday, we'll have an atv stop by and say hi if you're there.

Icehole, Wally is finicky and skittish. I'm not the world's best walleye fisherman by any means but here's a couple of thoughts:
Pick a spot where there is some structure, the fish hunt in the rocks at night, sometimes very shallow.
Get your holes drilled before sunset to avoid spooking the fish.
Turn off all of your lights and don't walk around a lot, they are real spooky. Don't run right up to a flag, that's a good way to get a chew and screw, they hear you coming and drop the bait. Sneak up on the tip-up.
Set your bait 6"-12" off  the bottom, wally is usually a bottom hugger.

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2010, 07:10 PM »
[/i am looking to try walleye fishing at night, any tips you could share?quote]
icehole37 just like the other posts said get out drill some holes and hope for the best i log lots of hours there and some nights we hitem and some nights we dont but thats fishing still beats the hell out of sittin home on a nice night good luck and tight lines

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2010, 07:17 PM »
eiderz that was me last fri night ended up with three that night nothing big still waiting on that monster all the guys in my group have fish in the double digits its my turn hoping this is my year don't know when i will be out again but restasured it will be soon highland on sunday so sat night is out long day at work so tonight is out to

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:15 PM »
eiderz that was me last fri night ended up with three that night nothing big still waiting on that monster all the guys in my group have fish in the double digits its my turn hoping this is my year don't know when i will be out again but restasured it will be soon highland on sunday so sat night is out long day at work so tonight is out to
I will be at highland sunday as well. You fishing the turny? I am :tipup:
This will be my first one ever.

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I will be at highland sunday as well. You fishing the turny? I am :tipup:
This will be my first one ever.
The first ,i remember my first you never forget your first hey stop by i'll be set up just to the left of the launch cant miss the camp frabil command post set up hopfully you'll be walking by on your way back from the scale good luck and tight lines

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2010, 06:47 AM »
Good luck at Highland guys. Last night 3-midnight, half dozen flags 3 walleyes, 1 good keeper. Most ice we have seen yet this year, 10", and making fast all night.

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2010, 02:26 PM »
eiderz it sounds like you had a good night there wish i was going there but just cant help fishing the tourney love the atmosphere thanks for the well wishes and same to you at Gardiner catchem up but leave a few for me  good luck and tight lines

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:24 PM »
The first ,i remember my first you never forget your first hey stop by i'll be set up just to the left of the launch cant miss the camp frabil command post set up hopfully you'll be walking by on your way back from the scale good luck and tight lines
I will try and make my way to you. Good luck bro.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:46 AM »
Good call passing on Gardner Saturday night. Flurry of flags at sundown, no keepers, then nada till 10. Budweiser and bs with other groups saved the day. Several other groups picked up at the same time, all said the same thing. Most people I've seen on the ice there this year. Did see a 22 inch pickerel caught at about 7, haven't seen one caught at night before.

Offline icehole37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:20 AM »
thank you all for the walleye info. just to let everyone know, my dad and i were on lower moodus sat. and we had flags poppin' ALL day! we ended up with 20 fish! 17 were pickerel and 3 really nice bass. ALL were put back in the hole to live another day! all in all a great time! tight lines everyone! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.