Author Topic: 2'nd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 17'th  (Read 9813 times)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2'nd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 17'th
« Reply #60 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:19 AM »
Cool! You guys just want to meet here at the shop for 6 and head down then?

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Here's a new wrinkle to tomorrow's get together on the cove... There have been numerous reports of walleye being caught in Wethersfield Cove in the last couple of weeks. Reports up to 9 pounds but no one has produced solid proof yet. Time to put up or shut up!  ;D

If ANYONE catches a walleye in Wethersfield Cove during the get together, there is a $100 reward waiting for you. Come see me or Gary with the fish and we'll hand you a crisp $100

Offline mistermarty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:13 AM »
My possible maybe wannabee..is turning into a gonna be there with  a young friend of mine who has never ice fished, I last fished with this high schooler on Opening day 2009 where we found a nice mess of Trout on West Hill Pond... Sunday will be his intro to ICE FISHING... he got a jiggin pole for Christmas and I don't know if he or I am more excited to see him catch some fish...

I will bring some SHRIMP and a FRYPAN to add to the festivities!

My Gas Auger is down for the count (Needs repairs) so I'm bringing my hand choper and really hoping to find a fellow fisherman who will either cut us some holes or allow the use of there auger <any volunteers>

Looking forward to seeing some of you again and/or meeting the rest

MisterMarty - Thomaston CT

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:24 AM »

My Gas Auger is down for the count (Needs repairs) so I'm bringing my hand choper and really hoping to find a fellow fisherman who will either cut us some holes or allow the use of there auger <any volunteers>

I don't think that will be a problem... There will be several Nils out there. The owners all love to show them off  ;D

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Here's a new wrinkle to tomorrow's get together on the cove... There have been numerous reports of walleye being caught in Wethersfield Cove in the last couple of weeks. Reports up to 9 pounds but no one has produced solid proof yet. Time to put up or shut up!  ;D

If ANYONE catches a walleye in Wethersfield Cove during the get together, there is a $100 reward waiting for you. Come see me or Gary with the fish and we'll hand you a crisp $100
hey thanks for adding some pressure to this event. i made the mistake of leaving the computer and my wife sat down and looked at this. now all she wants is us to catch the first wally now. so she can go shopping with that money, i can't hide the money from her now. lol, looking forward to tomorrow.

Offline mikedero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Sorry I am going to bow out I tweaked my back and kind of stuck inside with muscle relaxers and percs. looking forward to seeing pics

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Code: [Select]

I guess I only fish with 4 tip-ups for Pike.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Cool! You guys just want to meet here at the shop for 6 and head down then?

We'll try like hell. Just got to get Ron to move a little quicker when I get there in the morning.

What a gorgeous day today was for fishing, wish I had time to go out. Heck, even tonight is sultry by comparison. Somebody is probably down at the cove right now making up stories of 10lb walleye getting caught by the dozen.  ;D

Looking forward to some fun tomorrow! Hopefully that means some good fishing too.

Sorry we're going to miss you Mike. It's early in the season. Maybe someone else will organize a 2'nd outing.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Thought I would be there, got the bug and cant make it. Good luck all who do go. Good Fishing :(

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 2010, 04:49 PM »
just wanted to let you all know that we had a great time. good to met most of you and looking forward to seeing some of you guys out on the water. here is the day we had. my daughter iced a 25" inch northern but with no tape and only a pic. my daughter was mad at me and she was criing when i told her that we had to let it go. i didn't want to kill the fish to put it on the board and maybe win something so i dealed with a mad 6 year old, no problem. after she realised that we were all good. the reat of the day was all good.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I had a great time out. I missed it last year but this year I was there. Meet a bunch of you. It was a pleasure to meet and fish with all. I have no pics or vid.I got 1 yellow perch and a dozen medium sized river dace. The first time I ever caught bait. They hit hard and you cant hook them. Little hook sets work. I had a blast. Thanks Trooper Bri for setting this up. Great job :tipup:

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Wow... What a day. Congrats to the winners!!!!  I just finished playing with the pictures, there are a ton on the CT Outfitters web site. I'll put up a more detailed report later, but for now, here are a few pics on the day:

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:52 PM »
WHAT THE F>>> my 2 favorite fish caught AFTER i left.  Nice job guys, Great seeing everyone this morning.  Team Ct def does it right.  Oh and that walleye, may as well have a tattoo that says I came out of the Ct river.  Nice bleached tone with some dark spotty shoulders.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Sooooo.... E, what are you doing after work this week????  :o ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #74 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Great pics Blaine!

That walleye was released BTW guys. Go get it!

EDIT: A Benjamin and front page on Outfitters site. Nice! :bow:

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #75 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:35 PM »
PM on the way blaine  ;D

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:20 AM »
Hey guys,
It was a great day on the ice. Lots of action early and seemed to start going again as we were leaving. It was great to meet some of you and get some first hand knowledge on the electronics world from Spanky, Blaine and the rest of the gang. Really have a better understanding of the different fish finders out there. Thanks! Had a nice ride home and did not hit any snow until I got to Danbury. Good Luck to you all, look forward to seeing you on the ice again.
Linebreaker

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Guys, I created a little slide show from some of the pictures I took yesterday... Hope you like it! 1-17-10 Ice Shanty slide show

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
« Reply #78 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:28 AM »
it was cool meeting you guys after always reading your posts, we had a good time.

here's some of the pics we took

1st flag at 6 am

Thanks Again Trooper Bri And CT Outfitters

see all out on the ice

atvjumpers  

Offline damion812

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:30 AM »
Thanks Trooper Bri for setting that up. Thank you to Blain for the bait a putting up the prises we had a great time out there.

Brent <'00000={

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Thanks to everyone who attended in making that Sunday one to remember.  The walleye was worth every penny!  Thanks to Trooper Bri, Kapt, Blaine, SPanky.
NIce fish and pics, Mongosmash, Damion812.
I think we were a little short on SHENNANAGANS though, Kapt?
I left for an hor and no one messed with my stuff?  Not like you boys, not at all!
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:04 AM »
You left too early. There were PLENTY of shinanigans... Kapt almost lost conciousness during one of our "episodes"...  ;D

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Yes, I heard you  almost choked him to death?  Pray tell, what did the dear Kaptain do to deserve it?
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #83 on: Jan 27, 2010, 05:10 AM »
Looks like a great day on the ice,thank you Blaine for the slide show.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.