Author Topic: 2'nd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 17'th  (Read 9814 times)

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2'nd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 17'th
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:52 PM »
i have a question about the bait, how do we get it or is it going to be their when we get thier. i really don't care how, would just like to know. thanks

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:33 PM »
we are still deciding wether to bring the baits to the ice, or have guys stop into the shop to pick up before hitting the ice. We are literally a 2 minute drive around the corner form the cove. I will le tyou know what we decide as soon as we do.  Thanks-gb
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Trooper Bri

« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Updated.

Jon, nice to see you jump in here. Looking forward to meeting you and the missus.

And thanks Gary for spotting the address error. My cheese must have slid off my cracker before typing that.

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:38 AM »
Man, I'd love to attend this outing, I have never fished the Cove but at $80 for a non-res license I'm not sure!?!? It would be nice to see some of you again! If I don't go, have fun boys  :tipup:

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I'm in for sure! I will try to bring the wife out, but don't know how keen she will be to that.
I'll bring a 12/24  pk of Coke cans.

Last year was a blast. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Are we going to be gathering near the crib again? Would this be "home base"  OR  "weight in site"?  :icefish:
Now that's it's a tournament , is everyone going to spread out all over the cove? :icefish:

Trooper Bri

« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:45 PM »
We'll need a base camp somewhere i'm guessing, just not sure yet. I'm not so keen on that spot we were on last year. I forget if we were on a crib, hole, or sunk boat, but that was the only thing that saved me from a skunk. I'm not a jigger, but even I was wandering from hole to hole with my Marcum.

I haven't heard the official rules, so I'm not sure if there will be a central "weigh station" and/or if we'll also be using the Outfitters winter tourney rules that utilizes photos. You can find those rules in their tourney thread.

Rick, you can get the 3-day inland for 32 bucks. It was 15 or 16 last year, oh well... Here's a link to get you started if you still want in.
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&depNav_GID=1630&q=322716
I'm jumping in now to renew my ID for 2010. 50 bucks for the All Waters access. Ouch!

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:17 PM »
got mine today to bri when your layed off it realy hurts but you got to have it  :P

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:46 PM »
I had fun last year, so count me in!  It's looking like I'll be coming down with a neighbor.  Not sure what we'll bring for the table, but both of us have portable cooking units.  Thanks in advance to the contributors and organizers. 

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:01 AM »
I'll most likely be there. Bringing a friend and food and Drink.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:39 PM »
Anyone have a digital scale they can bring? I don't want to take the scale here out of the shop in case some one wants to weigh in a fish for the shop tourney...

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:43 PM »
blaine i have a berkley hand held that works great and i always have it with me on the ice you can use, also how do we get the shiners that will be supplied by the shop did you figure it out yet?

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Yes! Bring the scale... THANKS!

Shiner update ... I wont have a way to keep that much bait down on the ice so you will need to stop by the shop for your bait. Everyone participating in this event will receive 1 dozen small and 1 dozen medium shiners for free. I will bring extra to the event in case it is needed  :o  ;D

The prizes are as follows: There will be 3 gift cards for $25 awarded to the 3 largest fish. As we said earlier, the biggest fish will undoubtedly be a pike so we are only going to allow one prize for a pike. This way a bass, perch, crappie, striper will have a shot at a prize. With any luck, the youngsters will have a shot

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:35 PM »
thanks blaine i will bring the scale. do you want me to bring it to the shop or just out to the ice will be there around 7

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Yes! Bring the scale... THANKS!

Shiner update ... I wont have a way to keep that much bait down on the ice so you will need to stop by the shop for your bait. Everyone participating in this event will receive 1 dozen small and 1 dozen medium shiners for free. I will bring extra to the event in case it is needed  :o  ;D

The prizes are as follows: There will be 3 gift cards for $25 awarded to the 3 largest fish. As we said earlier, the biggest fish will undoubtedly be a pike so we are only going to allow one prize for a pike. This way a bass, perch, crappie, striper will have a shot at a prize. With any luck, the youngsters will have a shot
hey Blaine thanks will do, the shop opens at 6 am right? we'll see you guys in the morning. do we need to tell them anything special or just let them know that were in the gathering. like the prize break down. good job with the pike and all the other fish for other places in the tourney. Thanks again to trooper bri and all the others for putting it together this year, looking forward to seeing all of you people.

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:39 PM »
hey i just looked at the weather and it looks like rain. i think we should all say or do an anti rain dance of some kind to help push it away. heres to hoping for better weather. rain rain go away and come back another day. now i think we should all say it so old man winter gets to the point. this is suppoesd to be snow not rain. it's winter her not spring. rain rain go away come back another day.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Updated the header post to reflect the bait and prize status for Sunday.

I can bring one of the CTF scoreboards if needed Blaine. I have the small one, Ron should still have the large one. Do you plan on setting up camp with Frank, Kapt, and me? We certainly haven't picked a spot to target yet.

I watch Channel 3 for weather, and right now there is nothing projected for Sunday. They are watching the potential for a coastal storm to bring us a little snow maybe, but it's too early for me to trust them. I'll take them more seriously this time on Thursday. If we do need to reschedule for any reason (which I doubt), we'll let Blaine pick the rain date too. ;)

I'm going to invite a guy from work to join us. He just got started ice fishing this year and doesn't really own much equipment.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Bri... I'd like to set up somewhere central. I hadn't planned on doing much fishing, I thought I should be hanging to BS and weigh in a fish or two and maybe dish out some extra bait if needed. My thoughts were to set up my 6006 near the sunken boat, that's kinda near the middle of the cove. I might be able to jig a bit then. I wasn't there last year so if you guys have a better way or spot just say the word.

Bring the score board. I'm assuming you have a dry erase?
Are guys bringing a ton of food, etc?
What are your thoughts on closing off the weigh in by 2? That way folks could bug out early if they wanted (football).... Or... Go till whenever and post the results here and have the winners pick up the cards at the shop?

Trooper Bri

« Reply #48 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:16 PM »
2 o'clock sounds fine to me. I'm sure not everyone will be there at the crack of dawn, so those with kids in tow will still have plenty of ice time. Pick a later start time if you want the kids to have a better shot.  :tipup:

The spot Spanker had marked over a crib or boat in the northern part of the cove was a snoozer outside of jigging last year. We rarely fish the cove, and have the results to show for it. ;) Sounds like we're trying your spot! Shoot me and Spanker a PM on the time and spot if needed.
Ron will have his snowmobile trailer, Frabill Ranger, and the quad. Spanker will likely have his quad and Ranger too.

I'm sure we'll have enough food for the 4 of us at least. Nothing planned yet, but we'll have eats for sure.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:44 PM »
The spot Spanker had marked over a crib or boat in the northern part of the cove was a snoozer outside of jigging last year.

LOL. I jigged up about 50 fish sitting in the shanty but never had a flag...1 crappie on a deadstick just outside the frabill.

I'm ok to move elsewhere and try to chase a flag or two!!!!!!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:19 PM »
I'm thinking bratwurst will be the main attraction on my grill.  20 minutes or so on medium heat, finished in a simmering pot of beer, butter, and onions.

I think I'll be able to bring a couple packs with buns and spicy mustard.  If that's not your cup of tea, the real estate will be available as long as there's juice in the bottle. 

Weather is looking on the warm side.  Maybe I'll try shorts again. ;)

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:20 PM »
i like 2 also the kids get restless after a while

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Bri,
Put AJ and I down as tentative.  Depends on how much night fishing we do , weather looks awesome.

Offline mistermarty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Please put me down as a tentative positive wannabee... I am hoping to bring a First Time Ice Fisherman... I think an event like this would be a great intro to ICE FISHING :)

Thanks
MISTERMARTY - Thomaston CT

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:38 AM »
I'll be there. I'll have Coffee  and espresso.

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #55 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:33 AM »
as usual, things are starting to get in the way of me getting to the fish in on sunday.  I'll be by to say hi at some point sunday morning and see whos catching what but won't be able to fish.

E

Offline Channel Matt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:27 AM »
I plan to stop by for the morning shift.  Anyone else heading out at 7 am or earlier ?   

I can contibute some beverages and long-winded stories.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:44 AM »
Hell yeah... I'll have the base camp set up around 6:30. if I know Ron and Frank, they'll be there bright and early as well!  ;D

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #58 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:45 AM »
Ill probably be out at about 8am for a couple hours of jigging, see ya there matt.  Man your not kidding about the long winded stories...... hahahaha Itll be good to catch up with everyone

Trooper Bri

« Reply #59 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:17 AM »
We haven't boiled down an exact time, but I'm guessing we'll be getting down there between 6 and 6:30 as well.

Found the CTF scoreboard at Ron's, so it's ready to go. We've got enough food for the 4 of us most likely. If not, I've got a hankering for those garlic wings you guys get delivered to the shop. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.