Author Topic: west side  (Read 646 times)

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
west side
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 04:40 PM »
went out to west side this morning. had to fight the rain and fog all the way over there. when we finally got their, their was no ice right at the edge of the water. we had to set into the lake which was almost over the water proof part of my boots. the day was reaqlly good, with the company i had damion812 and another friend was also out with us. as a group we landed 1 crappie,1 brown trout,1 perch and 12 pikeral all the fish were of real good size. the rain had stopped when we wa;lked out on the water but it was drizzleing all morning long. i don't know what ime it stopped but i do know that it was before we had lunch.

now it was about 1:30 and were done so we packed it up and headed to the boat launch. when i got thier i was taken aback by the lack of ice at shore. we had to step into the lake almost calf deep. let me tell you that the water was colllllllddddddd. i also found out that my home made sled doesn't float. so when i got their i triied to run across the open water to make my sled hydroplan a cross.

but to say the least we all had a good time. i think we might even go back.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: west side
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Congrats :tipup:
Walking in the water must have not been fun. Its verycolddddd.
But you got out and caught fish :tipup:

Offline flowbase

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Nice job getting out. How much ice was there?

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:34 PM »
the ice that we were fishing on was almost 6 but the edge was cold and deep. their was no edge ice today. yes it was awesome to get out with some real good friends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.