Author Topic: Wethersfield Cove 12-26-09  (Read 722 times)

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wethersfield Cove 12-26-09
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 10:11 AM »
I hit the cove around noon time today, mainly to try out my new toys.
Ice was 3-3.5 inches of black ice and where there was snow, 2 more inches of slush.I was warned not to go far out, as the ice went down to 2 inches. I stayed in front of the Red Barn.
The new Nils ran fine, but we need more ice!
Drilled 6 holes real quick, then it dawned on me, I forgot my jigging rod! $#%&$#$#
So, I set up 6 tip ups, with Medium Shiners, 6 inches off the bottom, in 14 FOW.
15 minutes later I got my first flag of 09!!
A NICE Calico, taped out at 12.75 inches. I know it won't win the CTO tourny, but I'm going to enter it for a shot at the shanty.

I had 2 more flags. They both stole my bait. The Polar was spinning from far away, very nicely, but once I got to the hole it stopped, and my bait was gone....
During a lull in the action, I set up the new shanty. Set up was pretty easy. It needs to be anchored down, thing is like a giant kite!

Not a great trip for the first one, but it felt good to walk on water again!

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wethersfield Cove 12-26-09
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Congrats bro. Nice crappie. Went by there at 2 this afternoon and no place to get on, The tide must have come in.

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wethersfield Cove 12-26-09
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 04:27 PM »
you know for the ice that we had it looked like it was a great day. congrates on the new toys. Santa looks like he was good to you this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.