Author Topic: happiness is shared and some advice to find more success  (Read 7654 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: happiness is shared and some advice to find more success
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:17 PM »
This entire thread makes me feel very inadequate overall.

C'mon man... You're not inadequate. Only painfully average in the face of towering greatness.  ::) You know, like in the 95th percentile with the rest of us  ;)2  :roflmao:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:32 PM »
C'mon man... You're not inadequate. Only painfully average in the face of towering greatness.  ::) You know, like in the 95th percentile with the rest of us  ;)2  :roflmao:

I'm tying to be better.  New systems better ranch dressings.  I think I need to trade in livescope for a Lowrance hook 5 with ice ducer to even start to keep up with the numbers...

Offline hippiemick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:40 PM »
I like turtles too . I have helped snapping turtles reach a higher level of consciousness . I operate a weed cutting boat , the local turtles had no fear of the dangerous cutting bar on the front . I developed a system . I lower the front hopper , scoop up the turtle , then raise the hopper trapping said turtle on the conveyor belt . As the turtle tries to get back in the water I activate the conveyor , creating a turtle tred  mill . After a while they reach the higher level of consciousness , get tired and are released , unharmed . By the end of summer every turtle on the lake scoots as soon as my boat approaches .

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:49 PM »
I like turtles too . I have helped snapping turtles reach a higher level of consciousness . I operate a weed cutting boat , the local turtles had no fear of the dangerous cutting bar on the front . I developed a system . I lower the front hopper , scoop up the turtle , then raise the hopper trapping said turtle on the conveyor belt . As the turtle tries to get back in the water I activate the conveyor , creating a turtle tred  mill . After a while they reach the higher level of consciousness , get tired and are released , unharmed . By the end of summer every turtle on the lake scoots as soon as my boat approaches .

Noble peace prize contender here.  Did you figure out how to improve the walleyes consciousness?  Ed mentioned that to me.  Sounds like they need a system too!

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Somebody please go fishing with this kid.  He needs a friend to show his system too.

Also post pictures my small mind can't read all them words. I just want to see the pics!

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Shouldn’t this one be locked already????
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2021, 11:27 AM »
 That would deprive some of us smooth brain followers who aspire to attain a greater level of enlightenment seeking the wisdom of he whom has solved the riddle of ice fishing.

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 09, 2021, 01:34 PM »

Hey, I tried “The System” and just look at the results!
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 09, 2021, 01:58 PM »
Amazing results.

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 09, 2021, 02:01 PM »

Offline logicallycompromised

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 09, 2021, 04:45 PM »
107 fish today; 99 yellow perch (~12 perch over 10.5"), 1 pickerel (same 23" from a couple weeks back, caught about 150 yards from first location and similar depth (deep), 3 catfish(largest 17") 4 bluegills.

averaging almost 76 fish per trip this year; 454 total fish.

gear was getting locked up and my gloves got wet and did not recover.  as good as that nanofil line is, when it gets frayed and is sub freezing, it starts to suck.  will probably change it out again on the more active rod(costing about 60cents per trip to change it out after 3 for another 45feet; easily justified).  lost 5 catfish and one nicer perch but as a whole solid day with some exciting moments;  nice to catch that pickerel again she has a battle scar on her upper lip.

charging all systems to get out a couple more times this week.

thank you for your time!
peace and long life!
do what they do, get what they get.
refinement reflects understanding...the more you know, they less you need.
science is love, science is life.
i enjoy fishing and happy to help others find similar or greater levels of joy and success; just need to reach out to me.
peace and long life!

https://www.instagram.com/logicallycompromised/

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 09, 2021, 05:04 PM »
You had a good day for sure.  :icefish: Good job condensing your report, it's a much better read.

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2021, 09:44 PM »
I would have to agree.   Pretty amazing!!!
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2021, 10:23 PM »
107 fish today; 99 yellow perch (~12 perch over 10.5"), 1 pickerel (same 23" from a couple weeks back, caught about 150 yards from first location and similar depth (deep), 3 catfish(largest 17") 4 bluegills.

gear was getting locked up and my gloves got wet and did not recover.  as good as that nanofil line is, when it gets frayed and is sub freezing, it starts to suck.  will probably change it out again on the more active rod(costing about 60cents per trip to change it out after 3 for another 45feet; easily justified).  lost 5 catfish and one nicer perch but as a whole solid day with some exciting moments;  nice to catch that pickerel again she has a battle scar on her upper lip.

thank you for your time!
peace and long life!

Where are all the bass? Did the catfish that were stocked screw up the bass numbers?

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2021, 11:35 AM »
Sounds like another great day, and as eiderz says nice job with the brevity. :tipup:
I went jigging for an hour at sunset yesterday and did pretty well with gills and about a dozen crappie. I will admit that I felt naked leaving the house without my tipups though.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:47 PM »
I gotta try this system...I only caught 2 fish today. They combined for 88” though 😁.

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:02 PM »
hello good sirs and misses,
we all all special in one way or another and some more than others.  there are probably several things you know and can do which i may never began to approach your knowledge or skill sets.  it is clear what one of my strengths has become based on the recently locked threads.  most of you have the ability to problem solve and may even attempt to do it more than i when you are out fishing.  one of the differences is, i have carefully pruned and reduced the variables which garner my decisions making time.  this means my checklist is likely shorter than most and increases my likelihood to catch more and larger fish.  make it a goal every time you are out to try and determine what a variable plays in the larger model of catching fish.  if it is difficult to understand or observe with small changes make a large change first; e.g. make drastic changes in lure size or color.  most of my success stems from chasing efficiency most overlook.  these small incremental advantages add up to qualitative and quantitative results.  i find beauty in refinement as it suggests a better understanding of a subject matter.  most of you already have some gear which helps generate data but have not utilized the scientific method much in your life.  experience by itself means little, there is a quality component which needs to be applied.

if it makes any of you feel any better, i had one of the best fly fishing mentors on this planet take what many consider to be a convoluted task and break it down in a simple model.  when i was in the military, i started to learn entomology on my own accord to become a better fisherman and relate better with my father.  i was warned how complicated things would likely become.  i also got one of the largest hints in life; if i could stay with it long enough and not become overwhelmed from the new and sometimes complicated concepts there is a chance i will see how simple it becomes in the end.  i made this journey i could talk more about at another time but seeing this concept play out before is how i solved ice fishing so quickly.  that is the beauty in science and being able to apply to other aspects of life.  to belabor the point, i got into carp fishing this past year and reached an effective simple model which brings incredible success.  i think people get pulled by too many strings and buy too much crap, i want to catch the most and largest fish with the least physical resources.   some people have more money in the spring bobbers than i do in building one of my completed rods.

it is a shame that some in the community are taking my sun i work hard to find in life.  it is a shame that these people go unchecked and tolerated by others; shame on you for not saying anything if you saw it take place.  your life is short and there are great people in this world more worthy of your time.  i would be happy to become one of them and share the joy i find in fishing.  i have all the gear and would be willing to meet you at a location you want to fish.  i will not fish but rather work on building a friendship and sharing some experiences.  i am going to engage you with many questions.  i want you to do as your normally would and i will ask questions to help reach your own conclusions.  often as we get older it becomes difficult to accept someones advice if it contradicts your own models.  but if questions are asked and you have an open mind, changes can take place but they often need to happen through self realization.  please consider my offer i want to be able to share some joy instead of getting ostracized for success.

thank you for your time!

If at this point you're not aware that the only hurdle that exists in your quest to effectively share your knowledge (limiting out on panfish?) is the one you created for yourself by presenting it with insufferable pretension and obnoxious arrogance, then I don't think there's much else to say.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:15 PM »

thank you for your time!
peace and long life!

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:28 PM »
I really think this guy is a troll who gets his kicks from getting rises out of people. And you talk about “the least effort for the most and biggest fish” where are the big fish?

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:37 PM »
Hey Hater, look at his other thread

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Hey Hater, look at his other thread

Shots fired!

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 15, 2021, 12:46 PM »
When you call somebody a liar I think hater is getting off easy. If you met a guy on the ice and told you these stories would you call them a liar to the face?

Don't see a reason to without any proof but on here everybody's a tough guy. This is a message board where people could share their thoughts and write in a way they seem fit. if you don't like what somebody writes or their Style just don't read it no need to make fun of the guy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who actually enjoys his posts I take him at his word.

But the insecure ones get their kicks for making fun of a random guy on the internet, to each their own

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Feb 15, 2021, 01:06 PM »
When you call somebody a liar I think hater is getting off easy. If you met a guy on the ice and told you these stories would you call them a liar to the face?

Don't see a reason to without any proof but on here everybody's a tough guy. This is a message board where people could share their thoughts and write in a way they seem fit. if you don't like what somebody writes or their Style just don't read it no need to make fun of the guy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who actually enjoys his posts I take him at his word.

But the insecure ones get their kicks for making fun of a random guy on the internet, to each their own

Why do you care?  Live and let live. The op clearly doesn't care so why do you.

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 15, 2021, 01:21 PM »
 "I really think this guy is a troll who gets his kicks from getting rises out of people. And you talk about “the least effort for the most and biggest fish” where are the big fish?"

BINGO! This guy is really fishing for "Suckers" and amazingly they keep biting!  Ignore him and he might go to a Golf web site and hit 3 holes in one to see if he can get a rise over there.

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 15, 2021, 01:46 PM »
"I really think this guy is a troll who gets his kicks from getting rises out of people. And you talk about “the least effort for the most and biggest fish” where are the big fish?"

BINGO! This guy is really fishing for "Suckers" and amazingly they keep biting!  Ignore him and he might go to a Golf web site and hit 3 holes in one to see if he can get a rise over there.

Hes not a troll, he has the pictures to back up his claims, don't you have something better to do than bad mouth somebody on the internet with no merit

At the moment I have nothing better to do than defend them!

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 15, 2021, 02:13 PM »
So show a pic of the next outing

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:00 AM »
Hes not a troll, he has the pictures to back up his claims, don't you have something better to do than bad mouth somebody on the internet with no merit

At the moment I have nothing better to do than defend them!

Haven’t you ever heard of zombies on fb and Instagram? It is a fake account, complete with pictures, backstory and “friends” how hard is it to post some pictures these days?

Offline logicallycompromised

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:27 PM »
i applaud those that are skeptical and wish they would exercise similar levels throughout much of their life.  ironic, as if they had, they would likely have realized how tangible the results shared are to achieve.  there are observations and hints all around us to suggest trends.  one can form opinions on someone by the way the speak and the information they share, this can help and hurt ones reputation.  if one looks collectively at the information available they can reach reasonable conclusions.

if i get a better transducer setup, fished a 8" hole while increasing my reflexes i extrapolate the results could approach 20% increase.  there is large room for improvement and i will keep chasing these gains while trying to increase the quality of the fish.  i do well finding fish but there are undeniable people who have skills which surpass mine.  i know people have better reflexes than i but my system allows more forgiveness which easily allow me to out fish(quantity and quality) many with some superior skillets.

i get it, fishing can be difficult when being pulled from all these directions.  if i had the equipment most of you use my results would drop.  i was able to process all this data and reach my own conclusion.  if you are using a flasher i already generate more data than you which increases my ability to solve questions accurately.  i built rods which provide me an advantage over what most of you use; my line is another advantage over some.  as i formed more models i came to realize how simple my checklists becomes.  i bought the lures many recommend, i tried to fish were i observed others fishing.  i found out quickly by testing these trends and observed patterns that most make it harder on themselves.

if i see people who have been fishing for a while with many colors of lure and variety in gear it suggests to me they do not have much resolution in the big picture and is acts as a red flag to all information gleaned.  it is much easier in life to find credible people to learn from so that you do not need to process everything with a fine tune comb.  i do not think these people mean to mislead one asking questions as they are confident in their experiences and genuinely want to help.  so one should process the information they share and not take it face value.  test it, validate it, compare it to other models you have.  if you do what they do, you catch what they catch.  i talked more about this life pro tip in my other on going thread.

open your mind, i am showing you this is very possible and the ceiling is even higher pending ones naturally ability.  even those with more natural ability can be surpassed with time and heart.  you have an advantage that i did not, i did not have much an idea what was possible; each week the ceiling was pushed a little further.  you now have my data which i value the accuracy of to compare with your own and suggests to some degree where gains might be found. 

i have stuff to do but will revisit this topic later if clarification is needed.
thank you for your time!
do what they do, get what they get.
refinement reflects understanding...the more you know, they less you need.
science is love, science is life.
i enjoy fishing and happy to help others find similar or greater levels of joy and success; just need to reach out to me.
peace and long life!

https://www.instagram.com/logicallycompromised/

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 18, 2021, 04:52 PM »
I gotta try this system...I only caught 2 fish today. They combined for 88” though 😁.
Dam!! Very impressive lol

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 18, 2021, 04:57 PM »
Logically compromise,You should try fishing at night. I’ll bring you to some night spots and you can try your system on some walleyes. I’d be interested to see how you do with your system. I bet you would love the challenge. I’d be interested to see what I’m doing wrong lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.