Author Topic: ETHANOL  (Read 681 times)

Offline SeaMonster

• IceShanty Rookie
ETHANOL
« on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Have any of you had issues with the ethanol fuel additive in gasoline? There is a thread on the Maine site that has been going on since Jan. 10th about what they believe ethanol has been doing to small engines. They say it reduces fuel economy and has been damaging small engines that are not used alot due to whats called phase separation of the fuel and water absorbed by ethanol. You might want to check it out.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
Re: ETHANOL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:47 AM »
thanks for the info seamonster, gotto look into this.i have always just put my auger away after my last outing anddon"t rmove the gas or anything.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I have heard of some nightmares of the ethanol creating havoc with outboards.
here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:07 PM »
let me know if anyone can find any info on this subject, i tried but can"t locate anything. thanks
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I don't have a gas auger but I know alot of the small engines won't run on 87 anymore. My weedwacker this past spring wouldn't run so I tore the carb apart and cleaned it, put it back together tried it pop, stall, nothering, repeat. after 2 hours of this it finaly occured to try 89 mix and no problem since. A month later  my cousin calls me about his lawn mower(with a 4cycle Briggs engine) won't run now I know where to start drained the gas fill it with 89 second pull this thing ran like new.Stihl says right on thier oil mix containers to only use 89 octane. 
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.