Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614228 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9630 on: Aug 10, 2017, 07:39 PM »
IW.....boy did you hit the nail on the head about the devices  :-\   my granddaughters are glued to their iphones & my 6 yr old grandson just got his first iphone (his sister's hand me down)  :o :cookoo: :wacko:  the worst part is that both their mother & father are the same way, I just don't get it  :blink: guess it's a generational thing  :-\  I do think tho that the kids really enjoyed the day just kind of hanging out doing the simple stuff like bubbles & playing hide & seek  :) 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9631 on: Aug 11, 2017, 04:29 AM »
 Good Morning Everyone :bow:

How are the nerves Eddie? Some exciting times to say the least. Hang in there Sir!

Glad the move went well mr.clean. Hope you enjoy your new home.

WW are probably sleeping until Saturday; I bet the silence will drive you nuts. The kids look tame enough?  :roflmao:

H2l excellent fishing report, congratulations to you and your partner :clap:

Bud, smoked coon is delicious, I grew up eating the thieves along with noodles and gravy :flex:

IW, hope you have an excellent day as well, more wood shed work?

Yesterday’s refrigerator fix went rather well. I was told from 2pm until 8pm would be the window. At 2:30 I got an automated call saying that a tech had been dispatched and at 2:45 he rolled in.

The ice maker had a leak and every day there was an ice ball about the size of a baseball in the bin. I could live with it but every two days the size doubled and eventually if you forgot about it the entire bin was one solid block within 4 days. He didn’t have the part with him, but he located one about 25 miles from the house and went and got it. He returned in about 45 minutes, installed it and all is now fixed.

Today the girls and I along with my oldest niece are heading to the river smallmouth bass fishing. I haven’t really ever fished for them so it will be fun. Last December an outfitter on the Mississippi river ran a special for an all day World Class fishing trip for $80. Everything is included right down to a packed lunch. I bought all the girls and I a certificate and we have been looking forward to it all summer. Lots of great reviews from past customers  this is the place http://www.cwoutfitting.com/index.php

Good luck to all fishing! Stay safe

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9632 on: Aug 11, 2017, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                           It's 59* and cloudy here on my hill with showers in the forecast!
                           I see Eddie is in the hallway, I hope your nerves aren't getting the best of you, have a great time tonight! :woot: :clap:
                           Marv.........I think you'll enjoy the smallmouth fishing, have a good time and catch a lot! :flex:
                           WW..........I glad to see your grandchildren enjoyed the fishing, it's good that you can get them out!
                           Bud/h2l......I know the A1C test is a 3 month average of your blood sugar but it is obtained by the amount of
                  sugar that is on the red blood cells, at least that's what the doctor told me. My A1C was 8.2 and it was the same
                  a year ago, my sugar was 105. I take my readings in the morning and at night before bed, now he wants me to
                  take mid day readings, also he ordered a new meter thinking it could be off. ::)
                           I don't have my material to finish up the woodshed yet, maybe the guy will call today saying it's ready for pick up!
                           I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9633 on: Aug 11, 2017, 05:33 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 61*, high of 74 expected here today. Looks like the rain will hold off until after the ceremony, forecast showing it moving in about 9pm.
   Jeff...great weather to work outside today, hope you get the call for the siding...and Thank You!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...hoping you and the ladies have a great outing today, sounds like a great time! Those smallmouths are quite the battlers, looking forward to your report!   :clap: :thumbsup:   The nerves...yes, they are working overtime!   ;D.
  H2...congrats on the catching, awesome!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...great pictures and beautiful grandchildren...the smiles tell it all, wtg!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Couldn't agree more on the devices, seems to be the way nowadays.
  Bud...that sucks about the corn harvest! Good luck in your hunt for the culprit(s)!
  Steve...congrats on the move and best wishes with the new homestead!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...here's to beating the odds.... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:   Hope your trip went smoothly yesterday!

The rehearsal and dinner went well last night, crossed that hurdle!   ;D.  All of my wife's family arrived on schedule without any problems, spent some time catching up last night until the eyes started closing.
   My DIL's mother is originally from England and still carries quite an accent. Last night we got to meet many of her relatives who made the trip across the pond, thoroughly enjoyed speaking with them and just hearing them speak in general. It won't be hard to recognize many on her side of the family!    ;D
  Well, less than 12 hours left until the vows are made. Thank You all for the well wishes...cawfee's on!    :thumbsup:
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9634 on: Aug 11, 2017, 05:54 AM »
Morning all,

WS......good deal on the fridge repair  :clap:  sounds like a great trip today  :thumbsup:  hope everyone's arms are sore tonite from the fight   :flex:
IW......hope your remaining supplies come in today, you must be chomping at the bit to get back to work  ;D
H2L.....sounds like you & your friend are having a great time on the water  :clap:  hope today's a winner too  :thumbsup:
Eddie....glad to hear last nite's events went well  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed the rain holds off tonite  @)  have a great time, enjoy the festivities  ;)  thanks for the nice words about the grandkids, the only time they fish is when they visit us  :(  so even the littlest sunfish is a giant in their eyes  :flex:

Things sure are quiet around here  :roflmao:  Back to normal life today.....lawn & garden both need some attention  :-\   might go blackberry picking too if the rain holds off long enough. Might be a pie in MrWW's future  ;)2

Have a good beginning to the weekend whatever's happening. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9635 on: Aug 11, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's Just looked at the 10 guessers opinions  Heading back to the 80's and They might be on to something.  Sky is overcast, and see the chance of rain on all 10 days is for 50% or more  ??? ::)  :cookoo:

Should have taken the boat out yesterday but Mother had other ideas, like tree trimming and house cleaning.  While at the store, see what had been delivered in the last truck was still not unpacked and put out on the floor.  Didn't do the "parking lot yard sale"  even thought I had a folding table and chair with.  Maybe after the grand kids visit.  See the signs on all the combo rod/reels had been bumped to 40% off.  and what older Sonars Humming bird 688's were now 50% off.

Sounds like a fun day targeting the Smallies Marv 

Hope your material makes it in Jeff, and you get to get over your itch to getter done.

Doctor wants another blood drawn in September and will be doing the fasting one.  For now have eliminated all sugar, pastries, candies from my diet.  Suppose everyone will be looking at me like I am the one in need of a snickers

WW good luck on the berry harvest.

Good day all, stay safe.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9636 on: Aug 11, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Good evening everyone relaxing after work before doing dome cleaning. I will have to watch the news later for latest update on North Korea saga praying two strong willed men will listen to calmer voices and things do not get ugly come next Tuesday.
Eddie have a jolly good time at the big affair tonight "Old Chap". It is funny how much difference there is in word pronouncation between here and England not to mention the different expressions and names for things. Glad your wife's family had a safe trip. I'm sure everything will go great I.
Whopper Stopper hope you and the ladies got into a mess of small mouths ,I've only caught one quite the battle on light tackle.
Hunts2long congratulations to your friend and you sounds like a great day of fishing.
Wallyworld  I think most young people today would be lost without their phones glad you were able to get the grandchildren away from them for a few hours. Good looking group of children sure you and Mr.WW enjoy every visit despite to toll on your bodies trying to keep up with their endlees energy levels.
IFF sorry to hear about the lost corn . All the best getting your blood sugar levels down.
Ice Wanderer Best to you also with the blood sugar battle. Hope the materials come in so you can finish wood shed and start working on filling it for this Winter.
Mr.Turkey has was/is the special bread know from your posts it is one of your pleasures in life.

Have a good and safe evening folks.
Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9637 on: Aug 11, 2017, 06:27 PM »
 ???
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9638 on: Aug 11, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Evening all,

Managed to get everything done today, including a fresh baked blackberry pie  ;D  Picked, cleaned & froze enough for 5 more pies  :thumbsup: 

For all you watching your sugar intake, this pie was made with truvia, not sugar, hope that helps  ;)

Bart......I have to  ???  your   ???
MrC....hope you're getting settled & it's starting to feel like home  :)
IFF.....have a nice visit with the grandkids. How long are they staying   ???   Any special plans while they're with you  ???
Eddie.....I imagine the wedding is well under way by now  :thumbsup:  let the party begin  :woot:

Have a good night and a great weekend. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9639 on: Aug 12, 2017, 04:50 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like another rainy day today,  hope everyone has a great day and stays dry. Tight lines to those on the water.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9640 on: Aug 12, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's

WW, Oh dang the pie sure looks tempting, Kind of late for black berries No  ???  Thinking they would be ripe in July  :unsure: So far so good, on my Diet.  Not one grain of sugar so far.  The Grand Kids arrive Monday afternoon, and will try and take in as many sights as they can.  Tuesday I plan on taking them to my mud hole and got out a 2 place, sit in towing tube.  Wednesday they will be visiting some family of the Grand Daughters husband.  Thursday its off to Pikes Peak, and surrounding sights.

Got called in yesterday for 8 hours, Mrs said she see a rat running out on the deck several times just as the light was fading.   :%$#!:  So the watch will begin again.

Back to last minute house cleaning  ::)

Don't get to soaked 45  ;D

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9641 on: Aug 12, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....blackberries are typically a mid August ry around here, all the rain we've had sure made them juicy  :clap:  good luck on rat patrol, still have at least 1 more skunk wandering the yard here  :%$#!:  so far he's avoided the traps  :-\   enjoy the grandkids visit

WS......hope you're sleeping in this morning because the fish tired you out yesterday  :woot:  looking forward to the report later  ;)

Eddie.....I imagine you'll be a little late this morning also, hope the nite went well  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9642 on: Aug 12, 2017, 05:44 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 64* and foggy here on my hill now but to burn off later today!
                        Wally........That pie looks delicious, I want a piece! :woot:
                        Eddie.........How was the wedding, the weather held off at least here till after midnight I hope everything went well!
                        Marv.........How did you do with the Smallmouth's. ???
                        Bud........What's this rat thing going on out there, is something driving them in from the woods? :cookoo:
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the water!
                        I got my first chord of firewood delivered from MW yesterday, I will start stacking it in the new woodshed today!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9643 on: Aug 12, 2017, 01:20 PM »
Jeff,  More like disturbing there homes in the sewer drains.  On going major re-construction taking place less than a mile away on roads/streets is my guess.
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9644 on: Aug 12, 2017, 08:09 PM »
WooHoo, On target 6:30 and out she comes.  Took one in the throat, and exit the tail.  At first thought it was much smaller, more like a mouse. But once retrieved, nope full grown Rat.

Marv don't look now but radar says its heading your way.  ::)
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9645 on: Aug 12, 2017, 09:54 PM »
nice shot bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9646 on: Aug 13, 2017, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Whats on tap today ?
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9647 on: Aug 13, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....nice job on the rodent  :flex: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's weekend is going well  :clap:  Enjoy the day today, looks to be a nice one in this area  ;D

Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9648 on: Aug 13, 2017, 06:25 AM »

Good morning Wally, Bud, ER's,
                    It's 61* and clear skies on my hill this morning, today looks like another nice one! :clap:
                    Wally.......I hope your weekend is going well, are you getting some relaxation from the grandkids visit? ???
                    Bud.........Nice shot, maybe you should employ the Pied Piper to get the rat to jump in the Colorado river! :woot:
                    Yesterday my wife and I went to pick Blackberries up on the mountain behind my #3 sons house but they were
            not ready yet another week or so. Then I came home and stacked the cord of wood that MW delivered on Friday. A chord
            fills one row 6' high in my new woodshed!

Today I will do a miner repair on my wood boiler and then mow my lawn!
                    I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out wetting a line!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9649 on: Aug 13, 2017, 11:12 AM »
Good morning early risers sunny day currently here in south east NY. My sister was up for a few hours yesterday afternoon we got some more house clean out done boy did my family acquire at lot of things over the years.
Wallyworld you must have found a large patch of black berries to have enough to make 6 pies. I hope your hands are not stained purple between the picking and pie making.
IFF sure a lot of wildlife by you hope the construction project is scheduled to end soon so the rats settle down and stop paying you a visit any more sign of the raccoon/raccoons. Enjoy the time with your grandchildren.
Bart I'm with Wallyworld on your   ??? will have to go back through this thread and see if I can figure out what your question is. Take care and stop by again.
Ice Wanderer the shed looks great see your already have Mealworm working on this Winter's wood supply. May you beat the birds and other wild life to the berries when they are ready for picking. Guessing Mealworm is busy with his work so finds little time to post hope all is well for him and the rest of your family.
Whopper Stopper are you still recovering from a great trip for small mouth bass ? I hope the computer gremlins have not gotten to your computer we are all looking forward to a trip report. I see you posted about Glen Campbell's recent death in the Grumpy thread if you would like some of his records let me know my Dad was a big fan I have several of his albums.
Eddie assume all was good with the wedding and everyone enjoyed the reception after ceremony. I figure your still entertain some guests so will not post until later today or tomorrow.
Old Goat how are things out your way your daughter must leave soon to start her year at college.

Have a safe and good Sunday everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9650 on: Aug 13, 2017, 03:13 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone :bow:

Wow, these last few days have flown by, and tomorrow it’s already time to sling the saw again.  We are starting early tomorrow so I figured I would post now being I’d be short of time in the morning.

The river trip was a lot of fun. The place we went with took lots of time to try and answer any questions and make sure we all had an enjoyable time. We showed up at 10am and waited until they opened at 10:30. We had to sit through a safety film and then pick out our gear for the river and sign waivers. Being as everything was included, other than my rod, we just used all of their stuff.

The float was 8 miles and with the speed of the current it only took about 5 hours to cover the distance. I would love to say we hammered the smallies, but it wasn’t the case. My Niece had picked out the rod she wanted to use with a spinning reel, but never told anyone she never had used one before. Eventually I picked up on it about 15 minutes into the float. I caught up to her and tried my best to teach her. She had a heck of a time and it didn’t help having to dodge rocks and trees as we made our way. There was certain structure that we needed to cast to (rocks, small eddies etc.) and she just couldn’t time or hit the spots. Much of my time was trying to help her and as a result the girls were on their own with other river problems. In the end the wife had a real nice one on before it spit the hook; none of the rest of us even had a bite. The girls said it was fun but also said any more river fishing I could do on my own ???

We got home early evening and I decided to load up the old boat and head north by the shack for some largemouth on Saturday. The girls wanted to fish a different lake so they went their own way and I took off at 4:30am. It was extremely foggy before the sun came up, but soon started to burn off. I had to paddle about a mile to get to the pads I was after, all you could hear were the squeaking of oars as I made my way across the lake. I threw rubber frogs for a couple of hours and never saw hide nor hair of a bass. The pike on the other hand were active and I caught a few of those , nothing over #3.

I spent about 4 hours and then started paddling back. I dropped off all my stuff at the truck except my rod and frog, and then took a short 300 yard paddle to some other pads to check them out.  I flipped my old black frog into the pads and Balls!, 8 cast, 5 explosions, with 3 bass making it into the net. Each one about  18"-19" they fought great winding themselves around the lily roots down into the loon crap before I could fetch them out. On the 9th cast something big hammered the frog and cut the line, taking my bait with it. Being I had put everything in the truck, I was done for the day as I didn’t feel like paddling back, then back again, then back again still lol By the time I got the old boat strapped and bungee down I was beat.

Today I had another C List sale. I had an older tonneau cover on my pickup and wanted a hard shell (which I had found in a yard last week) so I can stay in it when pulling the boat if it should get late. I put the cover on the List and had a couple responses.  One guy came today at 11AM to look at the cover. He asked if I would take $50 less than the $125 I was asking. I said no. He then said how about $25 less? I said no. He said you want the full $125? I said yes. He said......ok that's a good deal. Funny world at times :cookoo:

Good luck to all fishing tomorrow! Stay safe.
                       WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9651 on: Aug 13, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, i hope everyone is having a good weekend. IW that shed looks great. How many cords will it hold?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9652 on: Aug 13, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Good Day all  IW you must be bushed after the stacking. Cudos to MW for helping stock you up. Eddie hope your sons wedding went off well. Congratulations to the Newlyweds. Mr. Clean my daughter heads out in a few weeks yesterday was shpping and more shopping. We are still going to squeeze in some camping soon. WS people are strange. I used to get embarrassed when my mother would ask would you take x for it. Then there was a day when we paid 220.00 less for the exact same thing,at the exact same place,at the exact same time. Hope all had a good weekend.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9653 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Evening all, just catching up on the recent posts, Marv, after getting the would $25 less, I would have been tempted to fire back, "You must be deaf and walked away lol  Bummer on the not much action on the float trip. If you were to do it again, bet you would have them dialed in.

Jeff, Bet that will be  a satisfied feeling when the wood shed is full.

The store now has a big sign that will change daily, says 15 days until closing.  Sure glad there were a few more staff in today.  half the time I was at a register, and didn't get a lunch break until after 3:00 and store closes at 6:00 on Sundays.  Think I will turn my phone off for at least 3 days now.  ;D Feels like its going to be an early pillow search tonight.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9654 on: Aug 14, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 56* on the Hill this am, high of 77 expected here today. Had a reply all typed up yesterday morn, hit the post button to find a froze up screen...that kinda sucked!  Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

Bud...sure makes for a long day with a late lunch break like that...power off!   ;D.  Nice shot on the vermin!   :thumbsup:  Safe travels and a wonderful visit for the grandchildren Sir!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG...thank you, the newlyweds are doing great and getting anxious for tomorrow's flight to Barcelona!
  Marv..sorry to hear the trip was a bust on the smallies, glad you had a fun time though...nice job helping out the niece and landing some nice largemouths!    :clap:  Hope you have a safe day in the jungle today Sir!   :thumbsup:
   Steve...glad to hear you had some help sorting through things with your sister, hope the settling in is going better for you each day!    :thumbsup:
   Jeff...stocking up the shed already, nice!  Will MW be the main supplier or are you going to buy logs and cut/split your own again? Hope the boiler was an easy fix!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...that pie looked scrumptious!  :thumbsup:  Hope things are back to normal again on the home front...all of our company will be leaving today.

The wedding went very well less one very scarey incident that took place. The bride arrived escorted by her father, retired Lt. Colonel in dress blues USMC...what a breathtaking sight, absolutely beautiful...Semper Fi.. :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
Tears of joy were seen washing some makeup off before the start...heck, even this guy found himself needing a tissue!   ;D
  Weather was picture perfect with a light breeze and plenty of shade for the outside ceremony. The vows they wrote for each other were just amazing...lots of Kleenex passed around! 
  After the ceremony, and the wedding party pictures were taken, the best man began feeling very ill and wandered over to table away from the crowd to get himself together. Moments later, he went into a seizure. 911 was called and responded very quickly, but for the several minutes before they arrived, I thought we almost him more than once...it was truly a very scarey ordeal seeing his eyes roll back in his head a few times and breathing almost stop. Fortunately, we had a RN and several EMT's in attendance and they were in action immediately...I can't thank any and all of you here who are either of the above enough for your services!
  Long story short, he was transported to a hospital and is fine, was released around midnight that evening.
  My son Michael stepped up to make the speech for the best man, and that was well received....dang proud of him!
  Hard to believe my youngest is still married, but these two were meant to be....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9655 on: Aug 14, 2017, 05:46 AM »
             Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 53* and clear here on my hill with another nice day in the forecast!
                     Eddie........It sounds like it was a nice wedding less the medical emergency, very emotional time for you all!
             All my wood will be coming from MW it is a trade we made! And a few trees I cut down on my property.
                     Bud..........I guess the count down begins, I hope people don't rush the store!
                     Marv.........I was sure you'd would have caught a mess of Smallmouth's. maybe next time.
                     Yesterday I was able to fix my boiler, baffle had come loose so I was able to get it back in place, it was a dirty job.
             My wife was suppose to hand me tools but thought it would be more fun to take pictures instead!
                            Getting ready

Diving in the dark hole!

Waiting for tools

Working on the baffle

I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9656 on: Aug 14, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Good Morning.
Eddie, Yes it was a very good day for an outdoor wedding. Sound like a great time, except for the best man getting ill. Glad he is OK.
IW, you look like you are a WVA coal miner, except your beard is white.
Sat. we drove to Rochester for wife's family reunion. Rained just before we got there but was very nice the rest of the time. Always nice to see that side of the family. Got home about 10pm. Sunday I didn't do much.
Think today I will get out on the lake. Looks like the only good day this week that I can fish.
Have a good Monday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9657 on: Aug 14, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Good evening everyone , I did not watch any news broadcasts on Sunday so only found out about events in Charlotsville,VA. this morning seems things get crazier with each passing day. I hope tomorrow passes without any missiles flying from North Korea.
Whopper Stopper sorry the float trip turned up so few fish. Good work trying to help your niece I would have similar difficulties attempting to reach a certain spot with a cast from moving boat. Glad you were able to get in the trip for large mouths.
Eddie wow some scary stuff glad everything turned out alright for the best man. Great work by your son Mike to step in and give the toast . May the newlyweds have a safe and enjoyable trip to Spain.
IFF good more staff will be on hand for last days of store operation. You sound like me I will look at my watch and realize it is 11 AM and I have 2 breaks and a lunch to take before leaving at 2:30 . Any plans for how to fill all your "free" time.
Ice Wanderer you are one handy man ,hope you did not get to dirty repairing the Wood boiler. I'm guessing the firewood is payment for your help with hog butchering.
Hunts2long glad you had a safe trip across the state and good visit with the wife's family.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9658 on: Aug 15, 2017, 03:26 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Looks like I am it,   137 Guests, 1 User (0 Buddies)

To Answer that question Steve, well removing all the old office computers from the one bedroom that was used as the home office, installing peg board on all the walls, rounding up all the fishing tackle, fire arm reloading equipment, supplies, and moving the fly tying station to that room.  Should look like a bait shop when I am done.  ;D

Grand kids finally arrived, they didn't get started as planned, GD's hubby activated the WiFi that I never have used, so now Bud's place is WiFi friendly. Now three of them have their noises glued to the devices  ::)  Found that my I-phone 4 is not capable to use with face book.  Like me too old.  ::) 

Found the house battery was dead, someone left the key in the on position  ::) ::)  Got the charger on it now so should be a go at launch time, when ever they pry them selves off the pillows.

Their plan is to take a run up Pikes Peak Thursday, that is if its not raining.  Will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.  So for now a cup of coffee and back to my pillow.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9659 on: Aug 15, 2017, 03:39 AM »
Good morning everyone,  looks like it might be a rainy day. IW my wife is the same way likes taking pictures. Later start then usual. Going to be working out of a satellite base closer to home. 1/2 hr to work vs a 1 1/2 commute. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.