Author Topic: 2010 Walk on Water Charity Ice Fishing Benefit  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
2010 Walk on Water Charity Ice Fishing Benefit
« on: Nov 24, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Walk on Water Charity Ice Fishing Benefit
February 13, 2010 Bangs Lake Wauconda, Illinois
At Lindy's Landing 115 Park Street (Park & Main) Wauconda, Illinois 60084.
For more info go to http://www.icebenefit.com.
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2010 Walk on Water Charity Ice Fishing Benefit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2009, 09:39 PM »
Thanks for posting WOW. Look forward to seeing alot of you guys there.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2009, 09:00 AM »
This is a great event. I do hope they have the raffle and prizes out side this year. To crowded and hot inside Lindy's Especially when dressed for ice fishing.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Fish81156

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2009, 03:23 PM »
 We're making a lot of changes again this year to make it an even better time. If you've never attended this is a Great outing for the whole family. We're doing more to make it a Great time for everyone that comes out. Also let's not forget all the people it will Help and thats what its about.   Thanks Pat

Offline Gadget Geek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I wish I could make it this year but I will be in Mexico. :-\

Offline fishchris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:36 PM »
probably a dumb question.. is a quad or snomachine needed to get out on the lake or is it fairly accesable by foot . ive never fished the lake before and would like to participate with my kids but towing a clam guide and 2 kids by hand might be a little much. thanks for any info

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2010, 05:19 PM »
Plenty volunteers to carry you and gear to spots... I might even show up this year.....
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline JFergus7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:12 AM »
I am not sure if we will have the Ice Team quad out on the ice again this year but blufloyd is right.  You should have no problem finding someone that will give you a lift out.  I ran probably 20+ fisherman out last year.

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:38 PM »
UPDATE

This years WOW (Walk on Water) Charity Ice Derby has some changes.  Please take note:

Parking: Drop off will be allowed at the front of Lindy’s.   Trailers must be parked at Homer T Cook Park on the northwest side of the lake. Addition parking is available at the 2 park district lots as well as the municipal lot across Main Street.  Park District and Municipal lots are for vehicles with no trailers.

Door bags: will be given to pre-registered participants WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. First registered/ first served.

Food Drive:  Each participant donating 5 items of non-perishable goods to be delivered to the Wauconda Food Pantry will receive one ticket for a separate raffle.  The raffle winner will receive a fully stocked (127jigs) Bug Luggage from Little Atom Lures. Food Donations will be accepted until 11:00 am.

WOW Raffle- tickets will be available at registration time (just outside of registration tent) until 11:00 am. NO TICKETS will be sold after 11:00 am.

The raffle will be held outside at Lindy’s.  We will pick the winning tickets and place tickets with prizes.  Participants will be able to check to see if they hold a winning ticket on the poster board signs at the prize/registration tent.

The Price of raffle tickets will be 3 for $5 or 8 for $10.

WOW Derby prizes will be awarded as follows.  Species winners determined by length of fish only.

Walleye--- Clam Kodiak Shanty and Fish print customized with size and name by Catch and Release Artwork

Largemouth Bass---Clam Kodiak Shanty and Fish print customized with size and name by Catch and Release Artwork

Crappie (black or white) --- Clam Kodiak Shanty and Fish print customized with size and name by Catch and Release Artwork

Northern Pike--- Vexilar FL12 Pro pack and Fish print customized with size and name by Catch and Release Artwork

Bluegill (sunfish, bluegill, pumpkinseed)--- Strike Master Strike Lite power auger and Fish print customized with size and name by Catch and Release Artwork

Derby entries There will be multiple stations located on the ice to register fish.  Please bring your fish to the fish registration tents to have your entry measured and recorded. Registration tents will be marked accordingly.

NEW THIS YEAR - There will be a beginners/kids clinic put on by Jim Kusuda Wisconsin State certified instructor and Ice Team Power Stick.  Class room session starts at 10:00 a.m. followed by on ice instruction. 

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Sounds a blast ! Looks like i mite have to hit it up next year...
Hard Ice

Offline illinoisice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:41 PM »
just wondering... perch are not being counted in the derby?

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:07 PM »
No I'm sorry, perch will not be included this year, in years past we had only 2 prizes largest game fish and largest panfish, we wanted to increase the chances of a big prize so we expanded to more species. I wish I had enough prizes to include all the fish.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:33 PM »
Is this annual event always going to be done exclusively at Bangs?

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2010, 04:56 AM »
Is this annual event always going to be done exclusively at Bangs?

Our first year we had it at Channel Lake, logistics is the biggest challenge in moving the derby. One of the biggest things is parking need an area for 200+ cars.....That Does not want to charge the guys another 5 dollars for parking. open to suggestion if you know of anything,

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:19 AM »
Online Registration will be closed on Friday, we will still take day of registration,

Lindy's is serving:
Breakfast Sandwiches - (2) english muffins with Canadian bacon, American cheese, and egg $6
Breakfast Burritos - tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, three cheeses and salsa $6
French Toast - Texas toast dipped in Lindy's signature batter, grilled and cut into sticks.  Served with a side of maple syrup.  Big Kids (3pc) $5     Little Kids (1pc) $2

We will be ready to go at 6am with breakfast.  They can order at the bar inside.  Bloody Marys, Beer and other drinks will also be available TOGO.

We will also be cooking on the grill for lunch outside when the fisherman come in at noon.  We will be serving the following items:

Hamburgers
Cheeseburgers
Bratwurst
Hotdogs
Potato Chips
Soda
Beer

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2010, 03:29 PM »
aww man i didnt get to pre-reg oh well see you all in the morning

what time is the registration  tent going to be open???

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2010, 03:44 PM »
scheduled at 6 but sooner if we are set up, and ready to go.

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:18 PM »
how many lines r we allowed on Bangs????? i cant find it anywhere :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline YankAlip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:54 PM »
I sure hope my partner don't blow me off tomorrow ( like he did today) :%$#!: . hope to be there at 6 but more like 7 if it's a 2.5 hour ride .been looking forward to fishing with you all . see you all tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:48 PM »
I sure hope my partner don't blow me off tomorrow ( like he did today) :%$#!: . hope to be there at 6 but more like 7 if it's a 2.5 hour ride .been looking forward to fishing with you all . see you all tomorrow  :thumbsup:

hey if you partner blows you off can can find me i will be there by myself due to partner blowing me off today i will be wearing black coat, brown (dirt) carhart bibs come find me i will partner up with ya

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:29 PM »
where is all the pictures :) :) :) :)

Offline BrentB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:26 PM »
there are a couple out there, I'm waiting to get the disk from the young lady that took a bunch, you can also look it up if your on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/Walk-on-Water-Charity-Ice-Derby/211397382506

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:31 PM »
thanks Brent I had a great time i will for sure b back next year... i caught my biggest fish ever and was still happy i took 3rd for the largest bass

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.