The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Trout and slabbers.  (Read 738 times)

Offline Neksportsman850

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trout and slabbers.
« on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Having a great season so far targeting lakers. Iced my pb today on willoughby. 28” and almost as fat as the 6” hole. But this weekend I want to try for some slabs and hopefully a keeper walleye. Question is, how is the ice on carmi and/or Fairfield pond?

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Trout and slabbers.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:38 PM »
I haven't been out on either, but live nearby and hear they have both been safe for like 2 months now. As for eating fish from Carmi, IDK if that's advisable, given some of the stories on here as of the past couple years, in regard to the blue-green algae blooms, but that's just me...

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Having a great season so far targeting lakers. Iced my pb today on willoughby. 28” and almost as fat as the 6” hole. But this weekend I want to try for some slabs and hopefully a keeper walleye. Question is, how is the ice on carmi and/or Fairfield pond?

Nice laker! got a pic? Thinking of hitting willo soon.

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:42 PM »
Fairfield pond has a lot of ice. Was there Saturday afternoon.

Offline Neksportsman850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:35 PM »
I wish I had picture but I was fishing outside the shack for maybe 5 minutes. Didn’t have time to set anything up and I didn’t want to pull my phone out and risk freezing the fish. I guess I haven’t really heard about the algae blooms. Was it bad on carmi? Also, I was mostly wondering how the snow and slush is on top the ice. When we went a few weeks ago there was slush all over. Rough on the four wheeler.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.