The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363765 times)

Offline Markenum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IceHole
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #2460 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:29 PM »
http://newcontent.westmarine.com/content/images/catalog/full/425761.jpg
It wouldn't even fit on .020, the "gap" was pretty much nonexistant.
Thank you, I thought it was unusual to see air in a fuel line. Kind of would defeat the point of it being a fuel line wouldnt it. Thanks I will they are closed until 8am and with finals and work it has been hard to find the time being busy during 8-5pm. But thanks and will report back when life is good :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2461 on: Dec 12, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Ok, we be waiting!!! Good luck!!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Harlow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2462 on: Dec 16, 2014, 06:12 AM »
After getting on the ice last weekend, I decided to start looking to purchase my first gas auger. I've always bummed augers off my buddies or used my chisel until the ice gets over 10 inches thick.

95% of people I know or have fished around run jiffys, but gramp has an eskimo from the mid 60's that still runs like a champ so when I found out eskimo still makes augers I was leaning that direction.

I'm only a part-time fisherman, as once we get snow on the ground I'm a full-time snowmobiler. Outside of december, I only ice fish maybe 5-10 times a year and I want something that isn't going to give me fits and whatever I get I would like it to last 10 years since it won't see a ton of use.

My question is, should I try to find an older eskimo used or buy a brand new one? I would like a 10 inch bit if I could since we do fish for bigger Togue and Pike, but I realize an older 'Mo couldn't take a bigger bit most likely.

I found a decent deal at fleet and farm on a new Z71 which had me leaning new:

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/eskimo-10-in-shark-z71-quantum-ice-auger/0000000006325#
The Shak

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2463 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:02 AM »
My buddy is going to buy a z71 for his brother-in-law for christmas I told him about the smoking deal at Fleet Farm and he most likely will get one soon. You can't beat that deal and I do believe it is free shipping.
<===Lefty===

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2464 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:31 AM »
Check L&M supply as well. Dont know the z71 price off hand but they have great prices on eskimos.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2465 on: Dec 16, 2014, 12:43 PM »
$389 at L&M. You guy's realize the new Z51 and Z71 series augers now have aluminum handles and the HyperCoil starting system? I called for a friend and L&M shows it on their web site but Fleet Farm did not. So I called them and they put me on-line with the Appleton Store and said if they said their augers have it so does the on-line store. and they did have it. So they are all new this year with Hypercoil and Aluminum handles.
<===Lefty===

Offline miked77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2466 on: Dec 19, 2014, 08:46 PM »
Officially became an owner of my first eskimo auger today.  Which also happens to be my first power auger!  Just picked up the HC 40 in an 8"  Unfortunately is still sitting in the box in the back of the truck and will be there for a few days, but cant wait!  Couldn't pass it up for the price i got it for online. 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2467 on: Dec 19, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Congrats on the "MO miked77 !     :thumbsup:

Be sure, as I'm sure you know, check/fill the oil sump.     ;)2

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2468 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Hello all I need some advice my 3 year old mako started leaking this year at the rubber groment that goes into the gas tank ... I have already ordered the new gas line with a groment and filter on it I was wondering when I install the new groment can I put a bead of glue or something around where it sits on the tAnk to make the seal last longer ? Thanks any tips appreciated

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2469 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:10 PM »
It seems like a good idea, but not too much will stick, with a gas/oil mix.

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2470 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:21 PM »
Hmmmm gorilla tape lol?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2471 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Yup. Pure silicone spray to keep it soft,and pliable so it doesn't crack or shrink. I do this for all grommets, and the weatherstripping on my truck too. Been doing this for many years and not a prob yet.  ;)

Officially became an owner of my first eskimo auger today.  Which also happens to be my first power auger!  Just picked up the HC 40 in an 8"  Unfortunately is still sitting in the box in the back of the truck and will be there for a few days, but cant wait!  Couldn't pass it up for the price i got it for online. 

Are you tempting fate?? Don't get it stolen, for god's sake!!!

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waitin for the freeze!!
« Reply #2472 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:34 AM »
I got out on the ice yesterday with my new HC 40. Starts after about 5 pulls after hooking up a new bottle. After that it is 1 pull. The temp was 30 so may not be a real test. Drills through 10' of ice, no problem. Again not a real test. I do like the fact that it doesn't throw ice for 4' like my Strikemaster. Good auger, I guess you Eskimo fans already knew that!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2473 on: Dec 22, 2014, 07:25 AM »
If my old Z51 ever dies on me the Hc40 will probably be my next one. I looked them over a couple of times at Cabela's and liked what I saw. Congrats on the new auger I am sure you will have it a long time.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2474 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Just wanted to say. That Eskimo 6" Silvertip I bought this year cut ice like nothing I've seen before. If I put this on a Drill it would out drill my Z51 I am sure. I have used it twice now and was out drilling the gas augers last time out. One guy even commented that it drilled faster then his Z51,which I think most likely just needs the blades sharpened. But for run and gun and going lite for early season it is great 14" of ice this last time out and went through it in about 16 seconds. Only thing I don't like is cleaning that small hole out all the time in bitter weather which I had this time. Probably only in the single digits to low teens.
I actually timed some of the gas augers and it was taking them 30 seconds. Poor blades or OE I am sure.  OE-Operator Error.
<===Lefty===

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2475 on: Dec 30, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Got my new gas line filter and rubber groment from eskimo today got it installed in mintues no more leaks thanks eskimo!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2476 on: Dec 30, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Great service from Eskimo.    :thumbsup:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2477 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Just gotta brag! Used my Z71 1 week before x mass, drilled ALOT of holes. Ran it out of gas for the 1st time ever, any way.......came home put it in the shed and haven't touched it since. Went out fishing this morning 0 degree. Put gas in and 3 pulls later I'm drilling holes. I swear MO's are the best there is!!!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2478 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:50 PM »
My friend got the Z71 for Christmas and has used it once so far. He named his Peewee. I don't know why people name cars and such but I am sure he named it that because of the big arse engine on it.  Either that or just so he could say to others when he gets on the ice:I'm going to pull out my Peewee. LOL No I didn't ask why!
<===Lefty===

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2479 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:54 PM »
A 10" Peewee , no less!
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2480 on: Jan 06, 2015, 12:40 PM »
Great service from Eskimo.    :thumbsup:

Glad to say I wouldn't know...

Mine has been running perfect for over 25 years now..

I use it in the summer to dig post holes as well, I adapted a mora 8 inch to it for that purpose..

<*)))>{

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2481 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:47 PM »
Hey guys. I have a z51 with a 8 inch anger. Love it. had it 4years now. I had to replace the fuel line 2 yrs ago but now the grommet where the line goes through the tank is leaking. I found it on Eskimos site and not priced to bad but I refuse to pay double the price of the part for shipping. Has anyone else found a replacement that works? Thanks :tipup:
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2482 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Just email Eskimo and tell them what you need and ask whats up with the shipping price. I did that for the same thing never got a response back but got the part 3 days later in the mail.

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2483 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Lol I just replace my gas line and gromnent after 3 years but yes the shipping did cost more then the new line groment filter straight from eskimo shipped ups came quick though..

Offline fireryfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2484 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:22 PM »
How many of you tried the hc40 propane auger. I just got one Christmas only got to use it once so far and it seems to be ok. Just curious how others like them

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2485 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:26 PM »
I ended up calling them. The guy says yea that's way too much for shipping. He only charged me $5 for the shipping. Excellent service!
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2486 on: Jan 09, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Hey everybody.

Finally got my Eskimo Z51! Just waiting to unbox it and check it out. I would like to get it out on the ice tomorrow hopefully.

The only issue is: I don't know if the auger comes with oil, and if not, I know that no place around here sells the viper 2-cycle that Eskimo recommends.

My question is: do you guys know if the auger comes with a package of oil? Is the viper 2-cycle all you guys run in them? What about amsoil or a similar brand.

This is my first power auger, so I don't want to screw it up or voiD the warranty or something. But I would really like to get it out on the ice soon!

Offline coldfish55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2487 on: Jan 09, 2015, 03:00 PM »
when I received mine 3 years ago the oil was in the box. Taped to one of the cardboard packers

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2488 on: Jan 09, 2015, 03:03 PM »
It doesn't come with a bottle. (or hasn't) Use any good two-stroke oil at the recommended ratio of 50:1 in the 'Mo, along with some non-oxy gas, and you should be good to go. Almost all the little bottles of synthetic mix now have stabilizer in them. Fleet Farm, Walmarts, etc usually have the small bottle of  2 cycle, Use 2.6 oz of oil per gallon for 50:1 ratio for Eskimo. It'll have that right on the bottle. (amount in bottle)

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2489 on: Jan 09, 2015, 03:04 PM »
It doesn't come with a bottle. Use any good two-stroke oil at the recommended ratio of 50:1 in the 'Mo, along with some non-oxy gas, and you should be good to go. Almost all the little bottles of synthetic mix now have stabilizer in them. Fllet Fram, Walmarts, etc usually have the small bottle of  2 cycle, Use 2.6 oz of oil per gallon for 50:1 ratio for Eskimo. It'll have that right on the bottle. (amount in bottle)

You're the man! Thanks for the speedy reply, buddy!

Just use high octane gas then?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.