The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363775 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #2130 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Wasn't that just a blast?!  Good man!!! ;D :thumbsup:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline hazy_eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2131 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:36 AM »
Just ordered myself a Mako from landmsupply, hopefully it will arrive before next weekend.

Offline MrMeiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2132 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:19 PM »
North Dakota in the house! Man, I hear that's ice fishing heaven. I'd love to get there with my buddy who has his in-laws there.
FLAG!

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2133 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:29 PM »
hey all i just bought a eskimo mako 43cc a few weeks ago and have drilled 40-50 holes with it, after running though the break in method. i noticed where where the motor and auger blade connect there was a slight wobble not sure if its in the bearings or what or if its even suppose to do that. its a slight wobble was just curious if its suppose to do that or not never owned a gas auger before this one thanks.

Offline MrMeiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2134 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Try loosening and re-tightening the screw at the collar. 

How are you storing it? Where are you putting it when you're not using it on the ice? DO NOT store it assembled, DO NOT stand it up when not in use, and DO NOT stand it in a half-hole on the ice.  All of those put pressure on the auger and the drive, and cause them to warp. My old 8900 has some wobble to it, but honestly, it isn't the biggest deal in the world.  Just be a little more careful with your stuff and it will stay pristine.
FLAG!

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2135 on: Feb 03, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Try loosening and re-tightening the screw at the collar. 

How are you storing it? Where are you putting it when you're not using it on the ice? DO NOT store it assembled, DO NOT stand it up when not in use, and DO NOT stand it in a half-hole on the ice.  All of those put pressure on the auger and the drive, and cause them to warp. My old 8900 has some wobble to it, but honestly, it isn't the biggest deal in the world.  Just be a little more careful with your stuff and it will stay pristine.
hey! Thanks for the quick response I took out the screw and put it back in and there's no wobble! On ice I store it on its side leaning on a side of the handle opposite of the throttle and at home the motor sits on top of a 5 gal bucket . Thanks  :)

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2136 on: Feb 05, 2013, 03:21 PM »
I just bought a Eskimo model 9000 , 3hp Tecumseh.  Its missing the air cleaner assembly.  Does anyone have one ? Thanks art

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2137 on: Feb 06, 2013, 12:31 PM »
nevermind , found it all and ordered it from partstree.com 

Offline hazy_eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2138 on: Feb 10, 2013, 12:48 AM »
Brought my new mako out on the ice today for the first time and it was glorious. That thing ate right though the ice and fired up ever time no problem. Very pleased to be a new Eskimo owner.

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #2139 on: Feb 10, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Welcome to the club!

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2140 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 AM »
Anyone else have an issue with the plug where the fuel lines come through on the tank? Mine seems to shrink, work its way out of the tank during the summer. So I have to push it back into the tank.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2141 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:24 PM »
I just replaced mine, the grommet had shrunk, so had the seal on the fuel cap.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2142 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:00 AM »
That's why I spray mine with silicone, keeps them soft and pliable. If you're using gas with that garbage ethanol in it, that's the cause of your problem, even long after it's gone. The alcohol in it leaches out the plasticisers, causing brittle, shrinking plastic and rubber parts.

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2143 on: Feb 16, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I have to say a Big Thank You to Mr. Rebelss!!! He is the man when it comes to these girls. He has helped me a couple times with my Stingray through pms and I have to give him  :tipup: :tipup: two flags up. No I was not put up to this at all  ;D.

Seriously though I really appreciate your help my friend. He wouldn't even take some ice jigs as a thanks, truly great guy. How is the ice up your way?

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2144 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:12 AM »
For Eskimo/Tecumseh/TC-300

It's a pain to get #5 plastic part(pawl) for starting type 1

Even if i ordered four starting pawls at two different places...it's still B.O....Look like they want me to do my next hole in july!

Enought is enought... a new TC-300 part have been created! Think about name it Steven's tank pawl! :lol:

Two aluminium plate join together with rivets and couple hours of grinding.... :wink:

Here the step by step!

And the result!  :thumb:  ===> 

I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2145 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:38 AM »
I have to say a Big Thank You to Mr. Rebelss!!! He is the man when it comes to these girls. He has helped me a couple times with my Stingray through pms and I have to give him  :tipup: :tipup: two flags up. No I was not put up to this at all  ;D.

Seriously though I really appreciate your help my friend. He wouldn't even take some ice jigs as a thanks, truly great guy. How is the ice up your way?

Aww, gee....just glad I could help!!! Ice good north of here, due to lousy circumstances STILL haven't made it out.... :%$#!:

Offline apope

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2146 on: Feb 19, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Problem with z51 has been used mabe 6 times due to no ice last year runs fine until i shut it off yesterday. went to start it agian could not pull the rope this realy scared me so tonight i pulled the recoil off and can turn motor over 90degees ether way then it hits a dead stop like somthing is hitting solid. any help would be apprecated. have a call into eskimo waiting a response

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2147 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Sounds like a broken starter "dog" or pawl fell in there somewhere, or your clutch spring broke, jammimg one half of the clutch....

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2148 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Hey all when I tighten the screw to connect the auger to the motor it is tight and no wobble at all but after drilling a half a dozen holes or so it slowly starts to wobble, not that it's to much but was wondering if anyone else had this happen to there mako 's  and if over time it could become a problem?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2149 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Put a drop of Loctite on the threads and tighten down.  ;)

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2150 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Put a drop of Loctite on the threads and tighten down.  ;)
Ah ha! The notorious mr rebelss can't believe that didn't even cross my mind  thank you!  :)

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #2151 on: Mar 01, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Well I am the proud owner of a new Z71 and tomorrow will be hitting the lake to give her a try. I also picked up an extension as the ice here in Sask is deeeeep plus we have a ton of snow. I will keep my 16 year old jiffy as a backup.
 I gave her a few break in runs in the back yard with Stihl oil mixed a little richer than 50:1. with a little seafoam in some premium  ethanol free gas..  Can not get Viper oil here in town. Next year will switch over to amsoil saber.
  Hope the fish will co-operate and with the ten inch hole I wont have to work so hard to turn a big Walleye up towards the light.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2152 on: Mar 02, 2013, 12:42 PM »
i bought this eskimo model 9000 3hp auger from a guy on craigslist(av520 engine) .  $130.00 . it would run but not right.  i got it home and the first thing i did was a compression test , 135lbs.  so i figure compression is good .  i took the whole carb apart and cleaned it ( a few times actually).  i put in it a new diaphram and gasket , a new needle , seat , and spring , new plug , removed the muffler to check it out and all is good there ( cylinder walls look mint with all the factory cross hatching present. problem is it bogges in the whole and i dont think the settings for it are right.  when it seems to be cutting at its best the high speed and low speed screws are both 1/8- 1/4 out and it still boggs some ( gets better the more i turn it in , but there is basically no adjustment left.

im wondering if the high and low speed screws are the right ones ?  can some1 post a picture of their high and low speed adjustment screws removed so i can get an idea ?

these are the high and low speed adjustment screws from the carb , the silver one is the high , and the black one is the idle or low , are they the right one's ?

thanks alot - Art

oh yeah , also brand new blades and the point is nice and sharp .

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2153 on: Mar 02, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Cabelas Canada has a Z71 on sale for $363... I'm going to jump all over it!!!

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #2154 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Cabelas Canada has a Z71 on sale for $363... I'm going to jump all over it!!!
Grab it now! I did and was very impressed yesterday. This auger powers through 40" of ice  in seconds, no hesitation doesnt even slow down. I drilled 10 holes to start and guy beside me was staring.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2155 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:22 AM »
any off season tips for storing my auger away untill next season other then draning the tank and running some stabil so it reaches the carb ? thanks all

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2156 on: Mar 25, 2013, 05:45 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2157 on: Mar 27, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Having a issue, I have a two year old Z71 Shark. When I go to start the auger the blade engages and starts to spin slow?? What is stuck?

Thanks
Doug
It's all about Ducks, Dogs, and Kids

Offline MrMeiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2158 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:33 PM »
Might just be a carburetor idle speed adjustment. Worst case, new centrifugal clutch springs or clutch.   My old 8900 does that same thing.  I'm just going to get the clutch replaced instead of just the springs.  I think it'll be cheaper since it's technically less labor.
FLAG!

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2159 on: Mar 30, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Thank You, I did look at the idle speed adjustment, and turned it down and it was still engaged. I ordered a complete clutch asbly and will go that route.

It's all about Ducks, Dogs, and Kids

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.