The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 364294 times)

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #2040 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Well I guess it's time to come over here. Some of you may know me because of my youtube video I did on the Nils USA hand auger. This year I set out to purchase my first power auger and I purchased an Eskimo stingray 8 inch. Got it on ebay. It was a demo model in a fishing store in Wisconsin and has never drilled a single hole. Picked it up for $200.00 with free shipping. I'm still on the road and prolly won't make it home until before Xmas to see it but my son took some pics and sent them to tease me a little.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline MrMeiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2041 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Yoooooo!  I totally know that video.  There have been some OUTSTANDING deals on eBay for Eskimos lately.  I can't recommend them enough to friends and other people that say they're looking for an auger.  Affordable, quality manufacturing at it's best.  Good to have you on board, Trucker.
FLAG!

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2042 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Welcome to the party ;D ;D ;D
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2043 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Welcome aboard, S.trucker!!! yer at the right place, the home of the 'MO! We have 'MO fun, catch 'MO fish, and *BLEEP* 'MO than anyone!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Pray for that ice SOON!!!!!!! REAL soon!!!  :flex:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2044 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll love your Eskimo as much as we do.

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2045 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Hows it going guys?? Aint been on in a while, but have been stocking up the minnows and have another MO!!!  BUT..... One thing I need some possible other ideas.... The shaft sizes are slightly different.. enough that the bigger shaft won't fit the blade for the smaller shafted mo.. makes me angry because the newer one I got has a small 6" bit (also got the post hole bit..  :blink: ) and I want to use the 12" bit that goes to the other MO....  I have been thinking of a way to make some sort of extension but don't want to spend the money on something expensive. I remember seeing some modified "extensions" that were bolted but around here in southern Maine it'd cost me a shaft and a leg to have one machined to the sizes I would need... I don't have exact measurements yet but I guess I could take some pics if need be.. Any of you have any suggestions? I know it might be kinda hard to picture so lets see.... lets use this as an example, I'm trying to get the Nickel sized shaft into the dime sized hole without making it sloppy (so I don't look like I'm having a seizure when I'm drilling holes )... If whatever I do works, I will do something similar to make the dime sized shaft fit the nickel sized hole better...  I'd love to hack the top of the blade off and weld on a bigger pipe end but don't want it to "wobble" if it's not lined up correctly.. By now with writing this much I'm nukin it but hope I get some ideas.... thanks guys..
yessah!

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2046 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:56 AM »
New MO owners welcome to the club.  If the weather keeps up I could possibly be on ice next weekend!

Striker Ice Lite

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2047 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:33 PM »
My earlier prediction for the "turd" week in December was defeated by warm weather and rain, still have pond ice but lakes opened back up.

Hopefully the forecast for Friday, December 21st which is 1250 degrees with likely fire and meteor showers will be defeated by a rather large cold front bringing ice and snow instead!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2048 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:21 PM »
been out the last couple days, did not bad today 5 eyes and 2 sauger, we got about 24 to 30 inches of ice on lake wpg, gonna try and put pic up later. its been a while boys  ;D 

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2049 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:45 PM »
  I bought one too  !  51 cc shark  10 inch. Now  I am ready for lakers !
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2050 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Welcome to the Club, Homewreaker.
 Grab a logo.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2051 on: Dec 20, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Welcome aboard!! You will be a happy auger owner forever now!!! Well played sir!

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2052 on: Dec 20, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Welcome to the site hw you will love ur MO, just fired mine up today might actually get to use it this weekend.   :icefish:

Striker Ice Lite

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2053 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Welcome!!!  You'll LOVE yer 'MO!  It's the only way to go!!!  ;D

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2054 on: Dec 22, 2012, 02:52 PM »
first post in the f.o.e.a.o. thread for me.  For the 2nd year in a row, my mako has smoked my buddy's nils in a 5 hole race by a full hole! This year was 2ft thick, last year was end of the season in 3.5ft (won by a hole and a half). He's selling his nils next year and coming over to the dark side...I mean the red side...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2055 on: Dec 22, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Excellent!!! Just what we like to hear!!!! Forget the thrill with Nils, ya get 'MO with a 'MO!!!! The only way to go!!!
 :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2056 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Last weekend I took my Shark Z71 out for a spin was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem.  I was unable to go ice fishing last year so my auger sat a full season so I was wondering if that may have contributed to what the auger was behaving like.  So I mixed up a gallon of fresh gas with 100:1 of AmsOil Saber and SeaFoam and it started it up.  I let it warm up for a couple of min's just orienting myself with the unit as I hadn't used it in a couple of years.  The auger started within the first 4 pulls.  However I noticed when I was drilling holes it would cut thru the ice like it was a hot knife thru butter.  I figured something was up so I drilled several more holes at different speeds and no matter what I did it drilled through.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm just thinking my auger was too excited just to be back on the ice that it behaved like this.  Thanks!
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2057 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:33 PM »
BlueDevil, what you are experiencing is a common condition with 'Mo's, better know as RIB, or Rippin' Ice like Butter, or MGTM, More Go To the 'MO, brought on by lack of cold air and ice activity. Never fear, your 'MO may calm down just a tad, enough to scream by the others at a ratio of 2:1. Keep us informed.  ;)2

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2058 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:53 PM »
BlueDevil, what you are experiencing is a common condition with 'Mo's, better know as RIB, or Rippin' Ice like Butter, or MGTM, More Go To the 'MO, brought on by lack of cold air and ice activity. Never fear, your 'MO may calm down just a tad, enough to scream by the others at a ratio of 2:1. Keep us informed.  ;)2

Thanks Rebelss that gives me great peace of mind!  :)
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2059 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:58 PM »
'Welcome!!!  I once thought I heard someone coughing down in the garage...at three in the morning!!! I carefully peered out there, and there was my 5 yo Stingray, trying to start himself, the little rascal!! We had a good chuckle over that, and he finally settled down enough to get some sleep so he could rip, burn,and tear the next day!!!  :woot: :D

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2060 on: Dec 22, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Went out today to fire up my new Eskimo and on the 5th pull she started purring like a kitten. I LOVE this thing. I can't believe how much power this thing has and I got the least powered one they have. I bought the stingray. Damn near came outta my hand. I wasn't expecting so much power.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2061 on: Dec 22, 2012, 05:38 PM »
HEY!!!! I LOVE my Stingray!!!! I post the avatar symbol proudly!!!!  ;D

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2062 on: Dec 23, 2012, 02:32 PM »
I just fueled my 1 year old Eskimo viper powerhead, and I have a leak (may be tank, not sure yet) and the seal fell out of the cap. Anyone had a problem with this? It was stored in basement free of fuel since spring. In the next few days I will fire up the stove in the shack and take it apart. The fuel lines looked ok, it seemed to be coming from under a shroud from the bottom of the tank. I know it was not dropped, and it wasn't leaking when I stored it, as I dumped the old gas out. The cap seal is a mystery to me too. It's like it's a 16th undersize. Weird. If anyone has has this happen, please holler. Merry Christmas to all!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2063 on: Dec 23, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Yup. Some of the fuel tanks developed hairline cracks at the seams, too small to even see. Another spot is where the grommet/fuel line pass through the tank to the carb. Only resolve is to order a new fuel tank assy. Runs about $14. The cap "seal" fits back in with the "nub" facing down. Call Eskimo at 1 800 345 6007, ext 146, Eva. She'll take care of ya. Let us know how ya come out.   :)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #2064 on: Dec 23, 2012, 07:17 PM »
 Hey fellas, I had a "thing" today when I fired up my Stingray, I've had it for just about a year now. When I fist started it and revved the engine the auger did not turn and it did not throttle up all the way. Now, this all happened right after starting, probably only a few seconds. After idling for another 30 seconds or so it revved normally and everything worked just fine. No further issues all day.

Should I be concerned, or should I learn to be more patient and let the darn thing warm up before hammering on it?

Thanks.

ETA: Had the same issue today. Called Artisam for the name of the nearest repair shop. Then looked at my receipt. I got it for Christmas, but it was purchased in November. This makes it out of warranty by one month.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2065 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Merry Christmas, to all the MO owners out there!!!!!   :icefish:

Striker Ice Lite

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2066 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:34 PM »
Merry Christmas to everyone. 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2067 on: Dec 25, 2012, 10:38 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS, guys!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #2068 on: Dec 25, 2012, 10:44 AM »
Hey fellas, I had a "thing" today when I fired up my Stingray, I've had it for just about a year now. When I fist started it and revved the engine the auger did not turn and it did not throttle up all the way. Now, this all happened right after starting, probably only a few seconds. After idling for another 30 seconds or so it revved normally and everything worked just fine. No further issues all day.

Should I be concerned, or should I learn to be more patient and let the darn thing warm up before hammering on it?

Thanks.

ETA: Had the same issue today. Called Artisam for the name of the nearest repair shop. Then looked at my receipt. I got it for Christmas, but it was purchased in November. This makes it out of warranty by one month.

Merry Christmas all.... anybody able to address this issue? Post on the main board too.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2069 on: Dec 25, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Tom....I'll list everything I can think of that would cause your problem......first, make sure gas cap vent is open....that the choke is all the way off...let it warm up at LEAST 30 seconds or so, with the choke on the last step, before taking it off. Check your plug to make sure it isn't fouled. They CAN be a bit cold-blooded, try it again, let it warm up, and let us know....it may be running a tad rich; but try these things first... ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.