The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363786 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1830 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Thank you Brother ROTT and it is Greatly Appreciated !! For now She is sitting safe and sound in my buddies basement and when we go to pick it up in Febuary, we have also been invited to stay with him and his family at Arrowhead lake in Maine and spend the weekend chasing Crappie ! Some times even an Old Dog gets a bone !!  ;)2

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1831 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Thank you Brother ROTT and it is Greatly Appreciated !! For now She is sitting safe and sound in my buddies basement and when we go to pick it up in Febuary, we have also been invited to stay with him and his family at Arrowhead lake in Maine and spend the weekend chasing Crappie ! Some times even an Old Dog gets a bone !!  ;)2

HMMMMMMM, I guess you won't be using your new Drifter Stick huh?
May be a little bit of overkill on dem baitfish you're going after.   :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #1832 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:57 AM »
No Worries buddy, finally getting some ice on the big lakes here ! I'm hoping to get on some ice next week with the new Laker Taker and get her broke it ! ;)2 :icefish:

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1833 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:26 AM »
What in the name of God is wrong with our country............... .......more and more outsourcing........... ....... >:( >:( >:(
And what do we get in return ??? A junky, plactic, CHEAP product. Keep shopping at Dollar Days and all these other dollar stores and see what happens. Every time we buy a product, food or otherwise...........we are VOTING.
Shop smart, choose carefully, PAY MORE, and we can atleast say that we did OUR part. :P
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1834 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:45 AM »
What in the name of God is wrong with our country............... .......more and more outsourcing........... ....... >:( >:( >:(
And what do we get in return ??? A junky, plactic, CHEAP product. Keep shopping at Dollar Days and all these other dollar stores and see what happens. Every time we buy a product, food or otherwise...........we are VOTING.
Shop smart, choose carefully, PAY MORE, and we can atleast say that we did OUR part. :P

If you think paying more will change anything you are wrong.
They will continue to manufacture off shore and will only make higher profits.   >:(

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1835 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:50 AM »
So I finally got my Mo!!! After all the gift cards I payed $88 at cabelas for it! haha I got the Mako. Man, what a sweet running auger. I took it out of the box, filled it with fuel, and it started on the 5th pull. Took it out last weekend and it started on the first pull in below zero temps!!! What an amazing auger! I haven't held it wide open yet because it says not to for the first 2 hours. I think once it breaks in it will be a lot faster. But, I'd rather have reliability over speed!! One more happy Eskimo owner!!!

surflizard

« Reply #1836 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Congrats Joe6, glad to have ya aboard ! use some good fuel stabilizer like Startron or Amsoil Quick shot and you should be trouble free for as long as you own it !

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1837 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Congrats Joe6, glad to have ya aboard ! use some good fuel stabilizer like Startron or Amsoil Quick shot and you should be trouble free for as long as you own it !

I use startron. I can't get over how awesome this thing is! Everytime I go fishing I tell people to use my auger! lol Even when they bring there own!! My dad was super jealous when I started mine up and it purred like a kitten. His jiffy has never ran as good as my Mo!

surflizard

« Reply #1838 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:59 PM »
I believe that, Jiffy has never had a reliable engine since they stopped using the Tecumseh motors, too bad too, they were a good auger !

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1839 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:25 PM »
About what horsepower would the 51cc equal?  Just curious.

BTW....had the new Z51 out last night, went through the break in process and everything seems great.  Only issue I had was the gas cap leaked a bit on me, but I think that is because I did not tighten all the way as once I gave her a little bit more of a twist it was fine.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1840 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:27 PM »
A hair under 2HP.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1841 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:37 PM »
The Chinese are evolving.  They know that some savvy US shoppers don't want their junk so they have started taking on names that don't sound Chinese hence the names Viper and Powerhorse.  Many also have "US" names like Marco, John, etc.

Not all Chinese stuff is bad, the problemn is when it's shopped to the lowest bidder and if you look at Eskimo prices comparatively...

Companies are beginning to realize that they can't afford to buy this type of junk as the sort/cull and warranty fail rate is just too darn high...   

surflizard

« Reply #1842 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:44 PM »
The lure makers are finding this out first hand this year, with everyone jumping on the Tungsten jig band wagon, the market got flooded with chinese knock offs and Northland, Custom jigs and spins and a couple other companies are getting lots of calls from people complaining of the jig hook eyes snapping off when they try to clear the paint out of the eyes !!

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1843 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:58 PM »
A hair under 2HP.

Thanks.  I have been told it is really hard to compare the two.  I also noticed that StrikeMaster makes/advertises a "3HP Solo motor, 54cc" so I was thinking it would be a hair under 3HP?

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #1844 on: Jan 19, 2012, 04:01 PM »
While at Walmart, noticed HT had lead jigs (illegal) for sale, right next to the same jig in the same package, except the lead warning on the reverse was magic markered with a big "X" and they added a small "non-lead " sticker to the front of the package. Watta you thinks going on there? ;) Saw the same thing going on in several stores. 2 years into the lead restriction , and WallyWorld and others are still illegally selling lead jigs that do not meet the restriction. Yet you get caught using them and you will be the one to pay.
----------------------------------
How did the NH vote on expanding lead restriction go, was today , right?

surflizard

« Reply #1845 on: Jan 19, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Typical new carbureted engine well tuned:
1 x HP per each 25 cc

Fuel injected:
1 x HP per each 22 cc

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #1846 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:10 PM »
The lure makers are finding this out first hand this year, with everyone jumping on the Tungsten jig band wagon, the market got flooded with chinese knock offs and Northland, Custom jigs and spins and a couple other companies are getting lots of calls from people complaining of the jig hook eyes snapping off when they try to clear the paint out of the eyes !!

If you guys are looking for good tungsten, search out the skandia line.  These things are nice!
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline 360canam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1847 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Just picked up a Tempest in Winnipeg for $199.99!!!!

surflizard

« Reply #1848 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Congrats on the new auger, let us know how it holds up.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1849 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:55 AM »
I am late in joining, but last season picked up my first power auger.....Eskimo Mako 8" and I love it.  I dont know how I made it using the hand auger previously!! lol!  Anyhow, great auger!!  Hope everyone is well!  Even here in Wyoming the warmer temps are screwing with our ice.  We have ice, but the warmer temps and raging wind are tearing it up!  Cheers everyone!

surflizard

« Reply #1850 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I seem to remember you dropping by right after you got that last year, glad to hear its treating you right !

Sorry to hear of the weather issues out there, same thing here, get it, lose it, get it, lose it !!  :%$#!:

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1851 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Hey ROTT... check out ice auger in New Hampshire craigslist!! haha they have that spoon auger you were joking about..
yessah!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #1852 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:08 AM »
I may have to grab it to increase my "Vintage" status. My 1977 3hp MO, was just surpassed by Surf`s 1972 ! :o I still wanna see the engine tag to verify! I thought mine was a `72 from the tag till I read how to decipher the numerals from my vintage Tecumseh Manual.

surflizard

« Reply #1853 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Rumor has it that there is an Original sales slip from a bait and tackle shop on sebago lake ! ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1854 on: Jan 20, 2012, 02:47 PM »
ok.. really need some help here guys!!

I called the WI tecumseh parts place but I'm out of range so they gave me a number for the guys in Mass.. called them but they needed an engine model #.. I had nothing besides TC300.. (didn't know till just now its a TC300-3004A )  so...... after all that crap, I got the number to a ripoff place in downtown Manchester that's going to rape me!! they want 70 something for just the piston!! I'm going down to just see and probably laugh, just to come home and cry!!  I have no idea what else to do!!  I need piston with rod, rings, oil seals, bearings, head gasket and some other odds and ends...  HELP ME !!!!   I'm pullin out my hair here!!  Hope you can help me!! If not, maybe point me in the right direction...
yessah!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1855 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:16 PM »
maineICER...I just called CPD in the Twin Cities with the number I gave you, and talked to them...call them at 1 800 364 7930!!!!! Follow the other directions I gave you, and you should be able to find someone !!!!

Reb

surflizard

« Reply #1856 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:14 PM »
ok.. really need some help here guys!!

I called the WI tecumseh parts place but I'm out of range so they gave me a number for the guys in Mass.. called them but they needed an engine model #.. I had nothing besides TC300.. (didn't know till just now its a TC300-3004A )  so...... after all that crap, I got the number to a ripoff place in downtown Manchester that's going to rape me!! they want 70 something for just the piston!! I'm going down to just see and probably laugh, just to come home and cry!!  I have no idea what else to do!!  I need piston with rod, rings, oil seals, bearings, head gasket and some other odds and ends...  HELP ME !!!!   I'm pullin out my hair here!!  Hope you can help me!! If not, maybe point me in the right direction...
Whoa big Fella, easy now ! ;D I see ME and NH on your avatar, how far are you from the NHIS race track in Loudon NH ? My buddy Karl Moore has a shop right across the street from the south gate of the track on rte 106 ! His shop is called Chain Saw Doctor LLC, He is a Certified Tecumseh Repair center, he gets me the parts for my 8600 !! Karl is the Man on Tecumseh parts ! Shop # 603-783-9722 Good luck !

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1857 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:35 PM »
called up Karl.. He said he'll look it up for me and get back to me.. I'm trying to find a piston and cylinder just in case the cylinder is too far gone.. I have honed it out a bit but there are still some small grooves.. dont know if I can hone it out too much more without getting a bigger piston.. the cylinder, as per everyone I have called all over the US, is no longer available.. Reb helped me with numbers to find some parts that my downtown dealer didn't have so that helps a million!! If I cant find this cylinder and a piston to match I won't be buying any parts as I am afraid I won't ever find it.. I am on the lookout for a parts motor or just a jug and piston.. Thanks Reb and Surf.. man, what the heck would I do without you vets..? I'm headed up to Rangeley to train our troops tomorrow through tuesday so I'll be thinking about this the entire time!!
yessah!

surflizard

« Reply #1858 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Hee Hee Hee, Wisco makes a piston that would fit that bore with a little ID adjustment and it would clean that bore right up ! They are the same pistons they use on the Hot augers, Hot saws and the Tecumseh lawn mower Racing engines !!  :whistle: >:D :roflmao: This far along, why go stock ?? >:D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1859 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Stock?!! What's that?? Overbore .010, hone that to a diamond crosshatch pattern, Wisco slugs, honed jug, polish those intake/exhaust ports, and RRRROOORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
If we ain't rockin', don't bother talkin'!!!!! Wanna go? Talk to a pro!!!!  >:D :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.