The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363763 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1740 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:05 AM »
Welcome FlagFishon. Check back on this thread from about page 45 and all will be answered for you.

In just a couple words ~ Amsoil Sabre mixed with non-ethanol gas.   ;)2 :thumbsup:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1741 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Welcome to the club flag.  :)  Ask and ye shall receive  ;D  The boys in the club are here to help you out

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1742 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:07 PM »
I heard there's a great break-in method out there... :whistle:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #1743 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:43 PM »
I heard there's a great break-in method out there... :whistle:

Break in? put in gas/oil and start drilling holes!!!
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

surflizard

« Reply #1744 on: Jan 12, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Yes, there is a specific breakin procedure that allow the rings to seat properly and prevent cylinder scoring during start up and it WILL increase the life of your motor !! I think Gator mentioned it is on page 45 of this thread, simple and easy to follow directions, it takes roughly 45 minutes to complete and it Will add years to the life of your motor !!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1745 on: Jan 12, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Here's the link, when you get there, scroll down to Reply # 958.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=152698.940

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1746 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Welcome Flag!   Looks like I might finally get to wet a line this weekend in SW Michigan.   It is going to be hit or miss but I am going to take my spud out on Sunday to see if it looks safe to fish.   Stay Safe and Tight Lines fellas!!!

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1747 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Welcom Flag I'm sure you will enjoy your new MO, I finally gotto use my Z51 last weekend can't wait till Saturday to use it again.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline Murf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1748 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Well, I bought a Rapala Black ice auger today which is basically a Mako with different decals.  You can't buy the Mako where I live in Canada just the stingray or you have to move up to the z51.  I bought the eskimo extension as this is just a different color eskimo auger.  I have the gas can mixed with some viper oil and I am going to fire this baby up tommorow.  One good thing about this forum is they were right when they said to check the sparkplug as it was no where near the right gap, same for the extra plug with the viper oil I purchased.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1749 on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:07 AM »
You ALWAYS need to check any spark plug gapped. Never trust the "pre-gapped" plug. No such thing.

surflizard

« Reply #1750 on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:51 AM »
Congrats on the new auger Murf, glad to have ya aboard ! Idahogator posted the link to the new motor break in instructions, it will add years to the life of your motor, Good luck out there !

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1751 on: Jan 13, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Yes, there is a specific breakin procedure that allow the rings to seat properly and prevent cylinder scoring during start up and it WILL increase the life of your motor !! I think Gator mentioned it is on page 45 of this thread, simple and easy to follow directions, it takes roughly 45 minutes to complete and it Will add years to the life of your motor !!

I dont want my auger to last that long! LOL Its fun buying new equip!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1752 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:37 AM »
Hey guys really enjoy the thread, learned a lot on here so far.  Just got my first power auger, a 10 inch Z51.  I was going to follow the break in method as well, just had a question about letting it idle for 10 minutes.  My owners manual states not to let the auger idle for extended periods of time, I assume this means like an hour and the 10 minutes is just fine? 

surflizard

« Reply #1753 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Welcome to the thread Mightyjoeyoung, Congrats on the new MO !! You are correct, the 10 minute idle phase will not hurt your auger, it help to seat the rings correctly and it will help your motor last longer !

Offline Bucktail30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1754 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Got the Mako 8 inch this year.  Great so far.  Much easier than my 6 inch hand auger. :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1755 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Hey guys really enjoy the thread, learned a lot on here so far.  Just got my first power auger, a 10 inch Z51.  I was going to follow the break in method as well, just had a question about letting it idle for 10 minutes.  My owners manual states not to let the auger idle for extended periods of time, I assume this means like an hour and the 10 minutes is just fine?

That's because on a 2 stroke the propensity to foul the plug increases with longer idle times...it won't hurt the engine.  ;D

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1756 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:26 PM »

I wouldnt let any 2 stk idle to long. It wont do any damage really but it will start to carb up and loose some its perfomance..... Guys that troll alott with 2 stk outboards see it alot.... Its always good to crack open the throttle a while after letting any 2 stk engine idle for any amount of time to burn it off....

surflizard

« Reply #1757 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:48 PM »
The break-in of the motor is the most important time involved in the longevity of your motor, the information contained in the Break-in instructions is a combination of over 40 years of Mechanical Knowledge and Experience ! Feel free to ask any of the F.O.E.A.O. Members who have used this technique to tell you how their Eskimo Augers run !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1758 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I wouldnt let any 2 stk idle to long. It wont do any damage really but it will start to carb up and loose some its perfomance..... Guys that troll alott with 2 stk outboards see it alot.... Its always good to crack open the throttle a while after letting any 2 stk engine idle for any amount of time to burn it off....

The newer oils are far less prone to CC/head carbon build up than the older ones were. Proper jetting and mix adjustement makes a huge difference. I can put-putt my boat engine all day without it fouling the plugs. I think I'gator has a solution to that problem, too...

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1759 on: Jan 13, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Yeppers, Amsoil Power Foam.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/apf.aspx

And the use of Amsoil Sabre Outboard 100:1    2 cycle lubricant, creates a lot less fouling.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ato.aspx

And also, You can clean it while in use with Amsoil Quickshot.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aqs.aspx

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1760 on: Jan 13, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Pop open them bottles boys!!!  After hearing about the bad news with the MO I had acquired off CL, and after I just bought the ol lady a ring last weekend, she told me that she will order me a brand new auger as an engagement gift!!!!   Now, Surf.. you said you might wanna take this thing off my hands? Guy at the shop says it'll need a piston and rings.. I thought about doing it myself but why tinker with it when i have a brand new one (soon) to play with... I bought it for 80 and gave 20 to the shop.. I'll be making the final decision soon!! well, she might make the decision for me after bringing more (she calls it junk but knows it makes papa happy) into the house..    OH BTW, I got on the ice the other day!! Massabesic in NH had about 4-5 inches of black ice on the edges.. no flags but had a blast by myself.. and met the yacht marina boss man and we shared some old sailor stories hahaha.. cheers guys!!  :tipup:
yessah!

Offline Canadianiceguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1761 on: Jan 13, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Pop open them bottles boys!!!  After hearing about the bad news with the MO I had acquired off CL, and after I just bought the ol lady a ring last weekend, she told me that she will order me a brand new auger as an engagement gift!!!!   Now, Surf.. you said you might wanna take this thing off my hands? Guy at the shop says it'll need a piston and rings.. I thought about doing it myself but why tinker with it when i have a brand new one (soon) to play with... I bought it for 80 and gave 20 to the shop.. I'll be making the final decision soon!! well, she might make the decision for me after bringing more (she calls it junk but knows it makes papa happy) into the house..    OH BTW, I got on the ice the other day!! Massabesic in NH had about 4-5 inches of black ice on the edges.. no flags but had a blast by myself.. and met the yacht marina boss man and we shared some old sailor stories hahaha.. cheers guys!!  :tipup:

send me a pm on what you got, ill make you a badge.

surflizard

« Reply #1762 on: Jan 13, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Definately Interested MaineICER,  PM me and we'll work it out !  :thumbsup: Glad to hear ya got on some ice, Massy is tough water even on a great day !! :'(  ;D

P.S. She sounds like a Keeper to me buddy, Congrats !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1763 on: Jan 13, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Definately Interested MaineICER,  PM me and we'll work it out !  :thumbsup: Glad to hear ya got on some ice, Massy is tough water even on a great day !! :'(  ;D

P.S. She sounds like a Keeper to me buddy, Congrats !!

Be aware, MaineICER, if he says he'll throw in a lot of "PR" on the deal, he's referring to porkrinds!!!
 :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #1764 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Real nice Reb, more Disparaging remarks about my Beloved Pork Rinds !! And to think That I took the rap for you Crashing the bus hauling all those Drunken Bingo Hall Queens last Febuary !! Nice buddy, Real Nice ! :woot: >:D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1765 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:14 PM »
Oh, alright...I was just trying to save ya your stash... :whistle: Whaddya gonna do with another auger?! Mate it to Big Bertha and have a 'MOmentous occassion?!   :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #1766 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Can you say Hot Rod Man Killa MO, I know ya can ! I ported and polished that old Jiffy of mine and she hasn't popped yet, I gotta do it to a MO and compare em ! Just having the extra parts makes it worth it !!MO MO's is MO Better !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1767 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:48 PM »
and compare em ! Just having the extra parts makes it worth it !

GASP!!!!!!! Compare?!! Worth it?!!! SSSHHHH!!!  :-X That could be construed as sacrilege!!! You could ex-communicated!!! Oh, the humanity!!!!!  :o :wacko:

surflizard

« Reply #1768 on: Jan 13, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Not to worry Reb ole buddy, Bertha is still a Blessed Virgin ! I ran the evil plan past her and she's cool with it so I'm good to go !! ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #1769 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Just got my z51 last night.  I took a few extra pulls to get it started than I had hoped but after storing it in my Jeep over night I just started it on the second pull.  I'm now breaking it in.  Idled ten min and she is now resting.  I used regular gas with oil and stabil.  I couldn't find AMSOIL.  Where is it sold?  Should I have used premium gas?  It appears that there are different points of view on this.  I can't wait to tear up the ice tomorrow!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.