The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363767 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1650 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:15 AM »
Not really sure  about your answer,,,,,,
My last post referred to the one you helped me see my error on.

Kzoo, Tank opening up and not full, maybe 3/4 full.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

surflizard

« Reply #1651 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:44 AM »
Happy New Year to everyone and I hope it finds everyone well and ready for another season on the ice !! Good luck out there this year guys and please stay safe ! Reb said to tell all of you the same, he is a victim of the recent virus attacks that people are getting from this site and is working to get back up to speed ! The arm chair computer geeks can say what they want, my AVG Positively IDed IS 's IP address as the location where the 2 attacks that I received the other day came from !! Just for your own piece of mind, make sure your Anti virus is up to date and if not, then do it !! Reports of computer lock ups and crashes are still coming in ! The US Chamber of Commerce was compromised friday afternoon and that is a Highly Protected Government site, anyone who thinks IS can't be or isn't compromised is a Fool !! Sorry for the rant guys, but if they won't look out for us, it is up to us to watch out for each other  !!

Carry On
Surf

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1652 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Thanks Idahogator I'll figure out how much gas to add to thin my mix to 100:1.

Surf I agree with you. I posted on the orginal thread what I was told to do by my friend who is a CP Programer for the county that worked perfectly. I think it's on the 3 page, if Reb wants the links or anyone else I can post links and the instructions that he gave me to fix it.

surflizard

« Reply #1653 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Brian V the server tech just annouced what the trouble was and what is being done to repair it and preventing it from happing again ! The arm chair computer experts were wrong, the site was compromised, Big surprise there !
  Preventive maintence works on everything, Cars, Trucks, Sleds, Wheelers, Augers and Computers, There has been a batch of new and stronger virus's showing up recently, take the time to upgrade and save yourself a lot of aggravation in the future !

Surf

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1654 on: Jan 01, 2012, 02:46 PM »
That's good news, I know I had to upgrade my Mcafee thing.

Offline sperley03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1655 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Here is my Mako M43. I bought it new last Dec from Glenn's but didn't make it to Feb since there was sand left in the base from the casting. It wiped out the rings, cylinder walls and bearings. Ardisam covered it 100% and sent me a new powerhead. Just ran it for the first time yesterday using Amsoil Sabre at 100:1 mix. Drilled a few holes and had to tweak the a/f screw and she is now a screamer.

surflizard

« Reply #1656 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Welcome to the site sperley03, Congrats on getting  the new MOpower head and getting on the ice !

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1657 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:09 AM »
My last post referred to the one you corrected me on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Ok Idahogator! Sorry..it's wasn't to correct you..it's only the way i do with mine!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1658 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:41 AM »
happy belated new year everybody

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1659 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I have a quick question that is bothering me...does the new Z51 have that nice CNC'd aluminum handle? I just took mine out of the box and it has a plastic handle, which is fine but I supposedly paid good money at Bass Pro for the newest model and if they sold me last years stock I am going to be pissed. I have long thought they did this as my buddy got his kayak a year after mine and they gave him one that is exactly like mine and did not have the newer improvements.

Just looking for a quick answer...thanks!

surflizard

« Reply #1660 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Sorry to say it, but yes the new z51 Has Aluminum handles !

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1661 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Well I am just a little bit peeved by that, going to try to return it this weekend but it is past the 30 days so I am not sure they will give me cash back even with the receipt. I guess how they handle the situation is going to determine whether or not they lose one of their preferred rewards members or not...

I want to get the Z71 10" from Glens, I might have to switch all my buying to online vendors now if I cannot trust my local BPS.

surflizard

« Reply #1662 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Sorry to hear of the trouble, I have nothing to say good about BPS, so I'll leave it at that ! Good luck and I hope you can get what you want !

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1663 on: Jan 03, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Man that sucks! I was in at bass before xmas and they had them on sale, a friend of mine was looking at them, almost bought one until I saw it was last years model. I asked em if they were they any cheaper since they were last years model, the guy looked at me like a deer in head lights. Answer...No. we walked out.
 Good luck man, hope you get it worked out.

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1664 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:23 PM »
I have personally spent thousands of dollars there and spend at least $150 every time I walk in which ends up being about every other week. All the while I knowingly pay more than what is posted on their website without even caring...most of their stuff is a couple dollars above their site and some of the stuff they won't match so it would be a huge hassle to get everything price-matched every time I go there.

I will speak to the highest position manager I can get my hands on, and if he wants my future business he will get me a new model or give me cash back.

Guess I will find out tonight...maybe I can get them to give me the Z71 for $400.

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1665 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Strange, seems to be a pattern - when I bought my Z71 I've noticed that z51s in the same "pile" didn't have "aluminum handles" posted on the box. I wonder why they sell new model Z71 and old z51s?
Was not at BPS

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1666 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Bought replacement blades for my Z71 as it seems to slow down (some lakes have sand and dirt in the ice here) and my MO was busy this year. The grind on new ones seems to be horrable as I can see burs on the edge  right away. I will post pictures, I wonder if it's a "store switched" somebody's old blades or it's just the way they make them....
Really upset, actually hand honed my old ones to see if it works

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1667 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:43 PM »
Strange, seems to be a pattern - when I bought my Z71 I've noticed that z51s in the same "pile" didn't have "aluminum handles" posted on the box. I wonder why they sell new model Z71 and old z51s?
Was not at BPS

I am not sure but someone down the line is getting duped for potentially a big loss. Whether it be the possible third-party selling last years over-stock to an unknowing BPS or BPS trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes...I am hoping it is the former and they will be every bit as upset as I am.

I mean really the augers are almost identical but if I am going to get last years model I deserve to get a much cheaper price or else what gives me the incentive to buy an older one if I am not saving?

surflizard

« Reply #1668 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:52 PM »
New old stock is a big money maker, get them for next to nothing and then mark them up 200,300 %  they all do it ! The trick is knowing the new model year spec's so they can't stick you with a left over !!
  I have bought replacement blades from all three auger companies over the year and it can be hit or miss as far as the factory grinds go !! I yet to just bolt a set on and go, they have all needed a honing ! I pull them out of the package and check them now ! Good luck, hope you can get it straightened out !

Offline apope

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1669 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:47 PM »
Hope to try out  my new 8inch z51 this weekend. wondering if anyone is running the amsoil in the eskimo or are you using there oil. thanks

surflizard

« Reply #1670 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Second year on the Amsoil Saber and both of my augers have never run better ! Can't beat the Amsoil Quickshot fuel treatment either !!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1671 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:27 PM »
I'm running the same oil and fuel treatment as Surfy in my Z71, gonna switch the old Barracuda over to it also.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1672 on: Jan 04, 2012, 05:07 AM »
Just did some research on my barracuda, its a 3hp unit that I bought new 5 seasons ago, this beast is a 85cc, awesome,  I have always just run bulk snowmobile oil 24:1 and it ran good, this year I bought a new stihl chainsaw and brush cutter so I have two six pack of stihl oil so I thought I would give it a try, same thing, probably the same oil, she runs good but only for me, everyone else seem to have issues with it.  I have looked at the husqvarna augers and they don't in anyway impress, are you kidding 1000 bucks for a 24cc weedwacker motor, watched a video on youtube, buddy drilled through 6 inches of ice, I could have hand drilled faster.  I will be keeping the barracuda as long as I can, I have drilled hundreds of holes and not an issue.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

surflizard

« Reply #1673 on: Jan 04, 2012, 06:44 AM »
That sounds like the Barracuda Plus that they came out with for a few years, too bad they stopped making that model, they are a serious Ice destroyer !

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #1674 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Sup all? Rott got out to the garage to play with his MO yesterday. Poured a few ounces of Seafoam in the empty tank, hit the primer bulb a few times to fill the carb and walked away. Came back 10 minutes later. Dumped residue from tank, pumped bulb til carb line was empty and wiped the old girl down. Mixed up a gallon of auger fuel 28:1 with an ounce of Seafoam added for good measure. Half filled tank , opened tank vent, hit the primer bulb 3 times, and flipped the switch to ON. 3 pulls and she barked to life. Gutta luv the old skool lack of a muffler! We don`t need no stickin` mufflers! Blew out the carbon after a warmup and adjusted the high speed screw abit and shut her down. Started up 2 pulls after an hour out in the 20 degree temps. Idled great and barked when ya put the boots to her. I`m happy! Another year on the ice for my 1977 3hp Tec.
That sounds like the Barracuda Plus that they came out with for a few years, too bad they stopped making that model, they are a serious Ice destroyer !
Saw one for $250 in a consignment shop earlier this year , 10"blade- only lasted a few days and it was scooped up.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1675 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Carcus1, your cuda acts like mine, Lol, We went up chasing lakers on the 1st so I took both augers, I was using the Z71, my friend was using my Barracuda, he couldn't get her to start to save his life! I giver 1 or 2 pulls n she fired right up, drilled so nice, not as fast as the Z71 but still pretty fast. He would start drilling and she would bog down or even die. I was laughing so hard, people thought I was nuts. Lmao!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1676 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Yes its is the Barrracuda plus.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1677 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:18 AM »
looks like i got shafted.. I didn't think much of it cause it was from a 15 year old but.....  My MO i got from CL, wasn't running.. took it to the shop and guy says it has bad compression and the piston is scored.. So, here I am crying to people who actually care HAHAHA.. the ol lady says "so how much have you spent now on that junk?"  I got it for 80, gonna give my mechanic 20.. now looking at the MO Mako 43cc 10" Quantom.. I'm not sure how much i like the weed wacker looking trigger throttle.... any thoughts? I see it online for 279 with a bag!!!  How much would a rebuild kit for the ol mo you think will run me? its just like surflizards on pg.1   tc300 type 1, model 8600..  I know I screwed up and should have brought the tools to check out the old mo  :-\ but maybe I'll draw a circle on their lawn with the ol mud tires before long..  any thoughts??
yessah!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1678 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I wouldn't think it would be to much to rebuild it and you would have a new auger. I don't know though. Maybe Surfy or Reb will chime in. Pretty sure they could tell ya all the up and downs. Good luck.
 oh I wouldn't worry to much about buying it, heck I bet we've all bought something thinking it wouldn't take much to fix it and find out we were wrong. I know I have! Lol.

surflizard

« Reply #1679 on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Hey MaineICER,
 That is actually a blessing in disquise, The TC-300 Motor when properly maintained will blow away the new motors and last longer ! Honing the cylinder, new rings and the rebuild should be under $200.00, if it were me, thats the route I would go, my 8600 is 18 years old and it Destroys the ice, when we have enough to use it !!
 If you decide to forego the trouble and go new, I'll be glad to take it off your hands !

Surf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.