The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363783 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1620 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Nice Mod with the quick pins, looks great ! :thumbsup: Looking around all the different forums and there seems to be a huge influx of New MO Owners out there !! ;)2 :flex:

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1621 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:30 AM »
Hey teamlund... The end that goes into the bit, does this move at all? my blade is threaded and I want to make something, not too long, maybe 6" or so, that I can put some quick disconnect pins like you did but dont want to ruin the threads.. I just like to keep things nice even though I hate the threads.. not really sure what to do with it.. any suggestions?
yessah!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1622 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:13 AM »
all the different forums and there seems to be a huge influx of New MO Owners out there !! ;)2 :flex:

The MO the merrier ;D

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1623 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Welcome to all you new crazy MO owners!!!

Its been super cold here the last two days, down in the single digits!!!! Might be able to get out this weekend if it stays cold ;D ;D ;D All I have to do now is beat this cold I came down with :-\

Remember guys, old and new that the photo contest is coming to an end. You need to post your two photos on the M.P.A.F.O.E.A.O. Its on page two of the auger forum. Ill post my pics today and that will bump it to page 1 again! January 1st is the deadline and we only have two contestants!

HURRY UP AND POST YOUR PICS. If you lose, it only costs you 1 jig!! If you win, you get a jig from every contestant!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1624 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Wow!! Welcome to all the new Mo owners!! Hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed some good family time. I know I did, sure was great to see all the kids again! Got to do some fishing, and will be heading out New Years day for some Lakers! Can't wait!! Will give a up date on MOnalisa when I get back, heard there is about 14 to 16 inches of ice so this will be the deepest she's been on this year. I'm sure she'll do just fine, I just hope I get into a few lakers, never got one through the ice, m stoked!! Hope the rest of you get some ice and get to play with your MO's

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1625 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:15 AM »
To all you knowledgeable Eskimo Z71 Shark owners. A question from a new owner. In the owners manual it says to depress the Compression release valve. I assume that to start it has to be pushed down (depress) and started. What is its purpose and what happens if it is pulled up?
Thank You in advance
It's all about Ducks, Dogs, and Kids

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1626 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:41 AM »
dwmiller, its a decompression valve, pushed in, it should let some of the compression out so it is easy'er to start. If left up, you might brake the pull rope or possibly do something to the motor. This isn't the best way to explain it but a simple way. Just get in the habit of pushing it down.

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1627 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Just push it down and you will see how easy the pulling gets. It will pop up when engine starts.

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1628 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Thank You both. Now we just need some ice to try it on.
It's all about Ducks, Dogs, and Kids

Offline sawmillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1629 on: Dec 30, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Just went by a little local gas station and the sign said ethanol free gas.Guess were i'm getting my small engine gas from now on.  :clap:

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1630 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Who is good a sharpening Eskimo Turbo Cut Blades.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

surflizard

« Reply #1631 on: Dec 30, 2011, 05:09 PM »
I used to use a diamond hone on mine , but now I use the Accu sharp sharpener and it take less then 5 minutes !

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1632 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Take off the regular gaz on my old partner today and put super(maybe you call that premium, not sure) and also found a notice, that can bite me, on the top of it(was sure, with all what we found on the net, that it was a oil mix of 50/1 but it's more 32/1)....

I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

surflizard

« Reply #1633 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:19 AM »
Those old oil mix ratios they recommended back when the motors were built are designed with the old mix oils in mind and they made the motors run terribly, Smoking, sputtering, they wouldn't idle properly, constantly had to change fouled plugs and the unburnt oil would run out of the exhaust !! Running any motor, old or new at those ratios nowadays is just asking for trouble ! I would use the new Viper oil at the factory authorized ratio of 50:1 and run it !
  I have 2 augers, Big Bertha, my 20 year old 10" EskiMO and a 14 year old 8" Jiffy, I run the Amsoil Saber at 100:1 and they have never run better ! The new synthetic oil can't be beat ! I don't recommend this mix ratio for everyone, But it does the job well for me !  Hmmmmm !!The gears are spinning, Look out !!! ;D

surflizard

« Reply #1634 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:31 AM »
Lets find out as a Group, what the average Gas/Oil mix ratio is the most popular amongst the F.O.E.A.O. Members ! I prefer 100:1, what is your ratio ?

1. 40:1
2. 50:1
3. 60:1
4. 70:1
5. 80:1
6. 90:1
7. 100:1

While I'm at it, I would like to wish All of my F.O.E.A.O. Brother's and their families and Safe And Happy New Year, May your MO always run like the wind, may the ice always be safe and strong and I hope you have to pour water on your reel because you have hooked into the Wall Hanger that we all dream of catching one day, Happy Holidays Guys !

Surf S.A.A.

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1635 on: Dec 31, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Thank Surflizard! i gonna keep going with 50:1  :)

Happy New Year and New Holes to all!

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1636 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Saw a nice looking Eskimo bit on e----.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1637 on: Dec 31, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Does it not seem that running an ice auger would be considered "Normal Service"? It's not a dirty environment, there is an air cleaner and rarely are the augers run more than a little while, even when making Swiss cheese of the ice. It not a racing marathon lasting half a day or more.
Now consider the fact that synthetic lubricant does not burn off as a petroleum base oil does, but stays in the engine to continue to lubricate. Over rich mixtures will leave residual build up of unburned oil. This just gums-up the engine and makes the removal of the excess, unused oil a big chore.
Amsoil Sabre 100:1 Synthetic lubricant is designed and warrantied to be used at that ratio "IN NORMAL SERVICE". No matter what your reason for going richer, it not the wise thing to do. You're just fouling up a good thing. In fact, The best thing.
Still in doubt? Check the facts from the source.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1638 on: Dec 31, 2011, 01:24 PM »
I'm running Amsoil at 50:1 in my new Z71.   I just did my engine break in today.  Quick couple of questions.   I had two drips of oil show up on my bit when doing the "slowly rev the engine up" sequence.   I took the throttle all the way up (WOT) at the end and stopped.  No more oil drops.  Only saw oil on I'd say the second and third revving up.   Is this normal?

Also, this is my first power auger.   Every time I lay it on the ground on it's handle with gas tank up I go to pick it up later and have crap that has run out on the handle.  I think it is gas/oil.   Is this normal?  Am I going to have that run out when I am on the ice and lay my auger down or if I put it in my vehicle?

I appreciate the help fellas

Happy New Year to you all!!!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1639 on: Dec 31, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Hey Kzoo. WOW ! 50:1. Which Amsoil?
You might remove the air-filter and give it a squeeze to see if oil comes out. Some were over-oiled before delivery and that could be the drip.

Happy New Year !

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1640 on: Dec 31, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Happy New Year to every one!!!

I was told by Eskimo to run 50:1 or it would void the warrenty, so I'm running Amsoil Sabre Pro 50:1 (if we ever get ice). That a no no?

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1641 on: Dec 31, 2011, 02:52 PM »
I'm using the SABRE as well.   I am hoping that is all it is.  I will take a look.  Thanks for the idea.  How do you all sit your auger down when on the ice.  I am assuming the correct way is how I had it.  On the handle with gas tank pointed up.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1642 on: Dec 31, 2011, 03:03 PM »
FishinBill, it not a no no. I have never done that, I know and trust the lubricant, the engineers and chemist at Amsoil as well as the law.
The Magnuson Moss act states they must supply the lubricant free of charge, if they imply any specifications, such as that.
On the other hand, that rich mixture will stick around and coat everything inside the engine it shouldn't. There are ways to remove it. One is an Amsoil product, "Power Foam". Another way is complete tear-down for cleaning ~ rather costly.

Kzoo, Tank opening up and not full, maybe 3/4 full. How's that air filter?

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1643 on: Dec 31, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Strange,, i've alway got the habbit to put it tank down cause dont want that if it leak that everything goes down in carb or in the intake!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1644 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Strange,, i've alway got the habbit to put it tank down cause dont want that if it leak that everything goes down in carb or in the intake!
Geez, What a difference a little word makes to the understanding of a statement. One little word. "Opening".
Chalk up one for the brandy.   :woot:
And thanks for noticing that and putting me back on track Monsieur Steven Girard.   :bow:

Offline sawmillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1645 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Used the new mo today,worked great only had 4 inches of ice but it was enough.Caught 1 brookie 11-12 inch.My air cleaner was dripping oil when i got it,after some wiping it has cleared up now. :icefish:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1646 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Hey all sorry so late to say it but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And many MOOOO.Thank you all for all the help and info this past year! Ya all are great! Going after some lakers tomarrow, the 1st, if i get one what a way to bring in the new year!
 Surfy, thank you so much for all you've done for me and the rest of us! Reb, where the heck are you? Thank you to brother! What a Grand Pu ba you are!

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1647 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Filter had no oil in it but it did have gas...  My tank is only about half full.  Maybe I choked/pumped fuel ball  too much then laid it down.   

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1648 on: Jan 01, 2012, 02:59 AM »
Geez, What a difference a little word makes to the understanding of a statement. One little word. "Opening".
Chalk up one for the brandy.   :woot:
And thanks for noticing that and putting me back on track Monsieur Steven Girard.   :bow:

Not really sure  about your answer,,,,,,,sorry..I"m french first  and try to do my best here!  i'm ok or not with my last post???

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1649 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Happy new year to all the MO owners out there!!

Striker Ice Lite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.