The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363814 times)

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1530 on: Dec 20, 2011, 12:37 AM »
studied all brands .Used my brothers new solo strickemaster last season.Ended buying eskimo z51 8"  still waiting for ice to let the race begin. Hope im not disapointed  you all have helped me believe that i made a great choice.Hope i have as great luck as you have had with your eskimo augers . ;D. waiting in southern iowa
Never to many short poles

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1531 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:52 AM »
HH you'll love the ice 35, works like a charm!

I got out on sunday and drilled 50+ holes. My shark is awesome! The beauty is, if you can't find any fish just drill more holes!!!

I was out at chalet on sunday and only caught 1 eye. Was happy to find 20+ inches of ice out there. You got me on the holes. We only drilled about 30. Was a byitch driving on that frazzle ice though. Used the 35 and marked a few. Gonna take some time to figure every thing out with it.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1532 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Jumbo, I think you'll be happy with the Z51. I don't know if it will drill as fast as the lazer but sure will beat the mags. Either way you got a great auger and have money left over for more gear! Congrats and keep us posted.

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1533 on: Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Hey guys.. Rookie here.. Just joined the site, love it so far but still wet behind the ears!!  I have some Q's for the MO owners.. I just bought an older Eskimo 8600 model, just like the pics on page one from Surflizard's, from a kid on CL. well, first thing, the carb was not hooked up correctly.. Finally figured it out and set it all up.. wait, wait... ok, sorry.. from the beginning.. Did not know the blade screws onto the head and then pins.. took me quite a bit to figure it out!!  Took her all apart and cleaned the gunk outta the carb, fixed a broked bolt or two, cleaned up the flywheel mags and coil.. she has strong spark, on/off switch works, air cleaner is clean, air comes out exhaust, brand new gas mixed approx 24:1, everything I have ever learned about small engines seems good to go... not even a sputter!! even put a few good drops in the plug hole and still nothing.. any help will be great guys!! like I said I'm really new to the site!! maineyamahaman@yahoo is my email...  I'm used to the ol Jiffy of the ol man's.. well, needless to say that thing has been ridden hard and put away wet.. I think it needs a new set of points but getting that thing off him would be like asking him to watch MTV for a day.. HAHA.. anyways, the Jiffy has drilled some holes in her day but I have jumped the fence and hoping the grass is greener, as most of you have said, on the MO side!!

also have some other questions I ran into while surfing some other posts from you guys.....

OK, it looks just like Surflizard's, so what year range could this rig be?

anyone know the ACTUAL part number of the carb on this thing? I keep getting pics with carbs with primers or bowls...?
Rebuild kit numbers for ebay??

it's a TC300 (or TC200 like some say)   but when looking up parts there needs to be more #'s after that for example TC 300-3001 blah blah... which number is my model 8600? 

the little filter in the tank, does it need to be in there? I know it's always a good to have but i heard somewhere that it might be needed so it creates a little pressure needed to not flood her out????

the gas cap, not sure if it's stock but it's not a vented one.. is it supposed to be?

whats the correct spark plug? 

the kid I got this thing from seemed a bit shady but this thing LOOKS idiot proof.. I know it's gotta be something small and stupid but I'm not thinking of what it can be at this point.. I think I might just spend the money and take her into the shop tonight... I'd rather spend my money on other crap though!!

OH!! and I am also a new proud owner of the Eskimo Quick Fish 3!! man doesn't that thing look sweet!! got a steal at GLENSOUTDOORS.com  $149.00 out the door free shipping!! I even set it up in the kitchen last night just to see how easy she was to set up.. Bigger than I thought too!! Happy MO owner!!
yessah!

Offline MaineICER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1534 on: Dec 20, 2011, 11:42 AM »
OH.. another thing, Steven girard showed pics of his new setup with the new sleeve (page 1).. I love a 10" bit but it's single blade... I would like a double bladed 10", you think i could get a hand auger bit that would be strong enough to make something like Steven did and also make it with a pin type for easy disconnect? just food for thought.. I don't like the threaded bit though, just seems like a pain in the rear and not so quick like..
yessah!

surflizard

« Reply #1535 on: Dec 20, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Great score MaineICER and welcome to the thread ! The 8600 were made from 94 to 99 from what little that I can find available ! They had the TC-300 motors ! The carb number is stamped on the carb body itself, the Walbro carb rebuild kit for the 8600 is # K20-WTA, tHE Champion spark plug #RCJ6Y ! They have a adapter for the 8600 that allows you to run the new quantum bits on the older auger, it cost 6 or 7 bucks !! Eva at ardisam has the info on them ! Good luck and Enjoy !

Surf

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1536 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Good Grief ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D................all I can say is that you have all made great choices on the EskiMO.

Setting it up in the Kitchen................ ;D Now thats what Im talkin about ;D

I love bein a nut when it comes to icefishin!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #1537 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:37 PM »
 After breaking in my MO last week I have not had a chance to hit the ice, and probably won't until January 1st. Will I be ok with the fuel that is in there? I know long term storage I would remove the fuel and run dry, but I don't know if this would be considered "long term."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1538 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Did you add a stabilizer? Is it ethanol or non-oxy? if you Don't have a stabilizer in it, and it IS ethanol, get some stabilzer in it NOW. Ethanol starts degradation after 30 days. If you DO have stabilizer in it, and it's ETHANOL, I personally wouldn't go more than 60 days with it. Non-oxy with stabilizer should be good for the entire season.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1539 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:32 AM »
hey guys, im sure this has been discussed but i dont have time to sort through the million posts on augers lol.

2nd year eskimo mako 43, past break in. what ratio should i mix for my auger now thats its broke in. i thought it was 25:1 but i cant remember!!! any help would be appreciated !

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1540 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:15 AM »
They have manuals on the web. Z51 and Z71 are 50:1

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1541 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Dat's right. All 'Mo's run at 50:1. (With the exception of the OLD ones)

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1542 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:28 AM »
I have a question about the clutch -
I had my z71 out 3 times ~ 40-60 holes, and clutch still slips at times I think last time it was a bit more than before (heavy snow cover and some gets into the hole). They say 2 hours before it's broken in, but I start to worry a bit. I don't think I put weight on it and actually "hold" it at times to avoid it stopping as it just goes into the ice like creazy all by itself.

Did you notice clutch slipping on a new units?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1543 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I haven't, but...that's what a clutch is supposed to do to keep from busting your gears right out of the unit....make sure your blades are razor sharp and you're running at optimal RPM's is about all I can suggest.  :)

Offline sawmillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1544 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:25 PM »
The ice we had started i'm afraid we are going to lose it,40 and raining.Wife said i could have my mo on christmas,we're going to be soooo lonley without any ice. ;D

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1545 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:09 PM »
We are back to open water  >:(.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1546 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:58 AM »
That sucks about the ice guys. I feel for you. Lucky for me there is 20+ inches where i am fishing. Still have above normal temps but it is still below zero so the ice is still going strong. Hopefully Santa will give you guys some cold weather for xmas.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1547 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Anticipation.... :whistle: :%$#!:

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1548 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:28 AM »
I was going to tell you that I am planning on making holes in ~12-16 inches of blue ice on Friday and how my Z71 loves it does it in seconds then describe how much I love the spiral cut marks it makes on the walls of clean blue ice as it goes through it, BUT instead I decided to express my condolences to you and other less fortunate members who just happened to live in a wrong climate. It’s a bad (late & warm) winter here too, but not that bad as you have it this year.
I can feel your pain - I had to live in Houston for few years... 

PS. Making my own jigs helped me this fall wait for the season, it's a good therapy

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1549 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Anticipation.... :whistle: :%$#!:
You got ice yet Rebs

Offline bizzum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1550 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Hey all!  This is my first post on IS but I have been lurking for sometime now trying to figure out what auger to get.  I decided on the Shark Z71 and just pulled the trigger at Glen's. Originally I was going to get the Z51 8" but when I went to order it it was sold out.  I decided that for a few more bucks I may as well go BIG!  After using a hand auger it will be a nice upgrade.   This is my first gas auger so I have read as much as I can on this thread on how to treat it.  Great information guys and I can't wait until it gets here!  ;D :tipup:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1551 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Congrats on getting a MO you will be happy and probably have some leftover cash to pick up some other goodies ;D

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #1552 on: Dec 22, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Did you add a stabilizer? Is it ethanol or non-oxy? if you Don't have a stabilizer in it, and it IS ethanol, get some stabilzer in it NOW. Ethanol starts degradation after 30 days. If you DO have stabilizer in it, and it's ETHANOL, I personally wouldn't go more than 60 days with it. Non-oxy with stabilizer should be good for the entire season.  ;D

No stabilizer in there, but is non-oxy gas. is there a special stabilizer for 2 strokes? I have the regular stuff.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1553 on: Dec 22, 2011, 07:42 PM »
nice purchase biz I'm sure you will enjoy tearing holes in the ice with your new MO! 

Striker Ice Lite

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1554 on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:02 PM »
It came!!!!! FedEx delivered my Shark today, and didn't even throw it at me!!!!

I can't wait to unpack it and get a good look!!!

WooHooo!!!!
I love a flag!!!!

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1555 on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:44 PM »
ESKIMO......................... ;D ;D ;D

Attention new owners of the super bad............Welcome and Congratulations :o

Getcher patches, find one that isnt customized and p-p-p-paste it!!!!!!

4" on a little bay nearby, Im gonna sneak out and drill a hole...............OMG am I excited ;D ;D ;D

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1556 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Congrats on the new Z Biz.  I bought mine at Glenn's this year also.  Can't wait to drill some ice. 

Vex,  Let us know how your trip to the ice goes.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1557 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:26 PM »
K-zoo............will do! ;)

Might get out for the afternoon bite tomorrow but Monday is more likely. Get this Christmas crap outta the way and Im ice bound for the next 3 months ;D ;D ;D

Not to mention, I need a picture of my MO before the Jan 1st deadline for our little contest :cookoo:

Offline tla100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1558 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I was at a Cambells or Tractor Supply Co a few weeks ago and they had a 2 person Eskimo Ice auger. Well, it had an ice bit on but the dirt bits were next to it. Pretty sweet, not sure how much fun to haul around with 4 handles sticking out.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1559 on: Dec 23, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Hey what happened to Surfy? He found ice :clap: and now he hasn't been around. :unsure: You ok buddy?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.