The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363780 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1410 on: Dec 08, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Get those holes in before daylight FKK then do the soft foot 'til ya ice'em. Good luck, we're pullin' for ya.     :icefish:

surflizard

« Reply #1411 on: Dec 08, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I have good luck on the Browns here with tubes, spoons and minnows on tip ups !

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1412 on: Dec 08, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Thanks all will do my best. Surf thanks for the info, will try some tubes and spoons. Can't use minnows above 7000 ft here so unless I use dead ones its a no go.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1413 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:25 PM »
It been in the teens all week over night and just getting up in the mid 20s during the day here,  I read a post today that someone I know popped a couple holes in a pond near by and had 3 in of ice not too far from shore, so maybe we might get to get out there soon.   
  ;D

Striker Ice Lite

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1414 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Brother Kev, I sure hope so ;D I borderline certifiable over here in Michigan >:( Such a teaser, making ice as I type and it has been all week ;D Bad thing is its suppose to warm up into the upper 30's this week for a few days :%$#!:

I cant take it :'(
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1415 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Well you can add another to brotherhood.  I just ordered a Eskimo Mako 8" from glens tonight.  With there prices and our discount I had enough money to replace a couple batteries for the camera and vex and still be less than if I drove to the local store and bought the same item.  Thanks to glens for being a good sponsor.
<br />

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1416 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:57 PM »
congrats on getting a MO @) you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the club BB

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1417 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Congrats on the new purchase bigbucky,  :D Glen's has awesome prices, that's were I got my MO from, now I just need some ice so that I can get out and drill some holes.

Vex
I hope it hangs in there for you, we have the threat of high 30s to low 40s next week >:(.  I've spent quite a bit of time up in your neck of the woods (Atlanta) beautiful country up there.   :icefish:

Striker Ice Lite

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1418 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Congrats on the new MO! Your gonna love the Mako, they are great augers! Gotta love it when you can get a new auger and save enough to buy other things.
Threw my 8" auger on the Z71 today, the lake we are hitting tomarrow always has dirt and crap in it so since I have extra blades for it am gonna use it and save the 10" blades. I bet she turns that lil thing like crazy! Lol. Will let ya know how it goes tomarrow night guys.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1419 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:51 PM »
good luck fkk, I'm getting a early Xmas present tonight from my daughter. She works at Walmart and is getting me a new set of eskimo replacement blades for my 10 inch mako, I think its costing her $25.00 with her discount. I love it when my kids buy me something I will put to good use. She has ulterior MOtives because she comes fishing with me a lot of the time and doesn't like wasting time drilling and cleaning holes. ::)

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1420 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Hey thats great HH. Atleast she's chippin in. I wish just 1 person that I fish with would chip in on new blades. I wish walmart would sell em down here, they don't have nothing for ice fishing, shoot, they barely have a fishing dept.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1421 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:38 PM »
its funny this year walmart has one whole aisle full of ice fishing stuff. First year i ever seen them have so much. They are selling eskimo augers @)

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1422 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:40 PM »
Big Bucky..........Welcome and you wont be disappointed with your new ice shreadin super unit ;D Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O., bunch a knuckleheads runnin around in here!! Lets see some pics of that beauty when you get er rippen :o

Kev, yes it is beautiful country. Ive fished that area as well. Lake Fifteen for smelt and browns and McCormick Lake for some really hefty brownies!! Im more of a perch and walleye guy but we always enjoy McCormick Lake!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1423 on: Dec 10, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Yea Im sure after all the readin on them that it will be a good unit for me.  I am just ready for it to get here and tear up the ice.  I am sure I will be trollin the ice even more now.  Better watch out i will be makin swiss cheese of the lakes of north central IL
<br />

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1424 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:23 PM »
I took out the Stingray today and it works great.  I got 2 tiny perch but it was 6 inches of clear ice.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1425 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:36 PM »
Just got back from the hills, 14 browns and 5 bows, buddy got 5 browns n 1 bow. About 9" of ice. Z71 really seems to like the cold temps. Was 4 degree's when we started and man did she run, started on 1st pull everytime, turned that lil 8" auger like crazy went through the ice in about 5 or 6 seconds! No bs.                           

surflizard

« Reply #1426 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:39 PM »
Pork Rinds, Wahooooo !!

Way to go FKK, put a hurting on them Trout, Nice !! Just curious, what worked best for ya ?

Offline LDB_Bass_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1427 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:58 PM »
So I took her fishing last Thursday and after a few holes the flyte was turning a bit while idling? Drilled 30 holes no prob and ran great. Just wondering why my Mo' would do that. Carb adjustment?
FTAA Member: Fishing Tackle Addictions Anonymous

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1428 on: Dec 10, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Love the pics FKK.   Keep them coming.  Temps are working great for making ice right now in my area.  Bad news they will be above freezing most of next week.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1429 on: Dec 10, 2011, 07:51 PM »
Just curious, what worked best for ya ?
What ever these thing are called,ratso's, ratfinky's..I dont remember the name, and football jigs. Tryed some spoons but no takers. Thanks for all your help. Thought you might like the pork rinds in there, lol. they go so good with beer and fishin!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1430 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Anyone ever sharpen the quantum blades with success?
Don

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1431 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I did ok using a dremel and metal polish but still not as good as new ones. Do a search and you'll find the post on how to do it with the dremel, I saw it last year so you might have to dig for it.

surflizard

« Reply #1432 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:39 AM »
A easy and cheap way to get your Quantum blade sharp as a razor  The Auger sharp blade sharpener by Acuu sharp ! They are 12 bucks and easy to use, they put a Razor sharp edge on in as little as 4 passes, PM lefty2053, he got one too and loves it !

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1433 on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:11 AM »
 ;D ;D I got out yesterday for the first time this year. Fished the lake at my Buddy's and had a blast. We caught about 7 perch in an hour and then his 3yr old dropped the scoop down the hole and she started crying  :'( :'( and me and my buddy were laughing about it because about 2 minutes earlier he warned her to be careful. No big deal, just have to scuba for it in the summer. But that ended the fishing she got her gloves wet trying to grab it as it went down the hole.

The MO fired up first pull which was sweet because my buddy was having no luck with his jiffy and went looking for a screw driver to try and adjust his carb. I popped 8 holes and me and his kid were fishing before he got back with the screwdriver. ;D

I was gonna post a few pics of me and the MO but am having trouble with photobucket. It wont load and the wife says shes gonna fix me up a new computer today to rectify the problem  :) :)

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1434 on: Dec 11, 2011, 11:16 AM »
All right HH! glad you got out, sounds like you fun.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1435 on: Dec 11, 2011, 12:39 PM »
All right HH! glad you got out, sounds like you fun.
It was a blast.  ;D The lake is in my buddy's back yard ;D he has 137 acres of bush @) we dug it out about 5 years ago and there is about 4 -5 springs in it feeding the water. 4 years ago we put some perch in there and they have spawned every year since, got a few walleyes and sauger in there to. Its just constantly bite after bite after bite. Only problem is they are around 1/2 lb and just pick at the minnows til they steal them, got to down size the jigs  ;)

There are tons of tad poles and frogs and bugs in the lake all summer and the fish are feeding good. Lake is about football field size 20 ft deep. 10 inches of ice on it

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1436 on: Dec 11, 2011, 02:15 PM »
So I took her fishing last Thursday and after a few holes the flyte was turning a bit while idling? Drilled 30 holes no prob and ran great. Just wondering why my Mo' would do that. Carb adjustment?

LDB, it will do that, especially if it's newer, until the clutch breaks in properly. Mine did for a year....it it continues, or is bothersome, turn down your idle adjustment just a tad.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1437 on: Dec 11, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Anyone ever sharpen the quantum blades with success?
After every other run...with a 4" hard Arkansas stone, and some honing oil. Lay the stone of the BACK of the blade, and sweep in a semi-arc from front to back, no need to hit your front angle. Do this every other time, and you won't have to worry about losing the proper "angle" or "edge". Once you let it go past that point, it's tough to bring back.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1438 on: Dec 11, 2011, 06:16 PM »
A easy and cheap way to get your Quantum blade sharp as a razor  The Auger sharp blade sharpener by Acuu sharp ! They are 12 bucks and easy to use, they put a Razor sharp edge on in as little as 4 passes, PM lefty2053, he got one too and loves it !
(Image removed from quote.)

Is that similar to the Lazer one?  http://www.fishusa.com/StrikeMaster-Lazer-Ice-Auger-Blade-Sharpener_p.html
Don

Offline LDB_Bass_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1439 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:52 PM »
LDB, it will do that, especially if it's newer, until the clutch breaks in properly. Mine did for a year....it it continues, or is bothersome, turn down your idle adjustment just a tad.

Thankyou. Thought something was wrong.
FTAA Member: Fishing Tackle Addictions Anonymous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.