The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363786 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1170 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Another lake, another hole...

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1171 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Holycow! I'm gone for a couple days and and we got more new members and what nots going on then Reb on a Saturday night with the bingo hall gals. :roflmao:

FFK, remember what happened the last time the bingo hall queens got together. The treasury is depleted because we had to bail out one of the members ::) who we shall not name, for the chandelier incedent  :o Surf was tied up for 3 days sorting that out. I think we still are getting calls from India about it.  ;D

Any way, a big welcome to all the new members  ;D ;D

Rebs, perhaps you and surf can work on some type of stickers we could get made up for all of us MO rons ;D

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1172 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Hog, I like how you think ;D Id be happy to sport a sticker!! Me likes em'. Sweatshirts could be made up for a fair price as well, I had some made up for my construction company and my employees!!

If everybody would promise to buy one, I could have half a dozen or so made up.
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1173 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:57 PM »
FFK, remember what happened the last time the bingo hall queens got together. The treasury is depleted because we had to bail out one of the members ::) who we shall not name, for the chandelier incedent  :o Surf was tied up for 3 days sorting that out. I think we still are getting calls from India about it.  ;DMO rons ;D
Ya I remember! I got a phone call last week from India, told em they had the wrong number!
  I'll post a pic of me and the old Barracuda, got to get her in on this, she's still running like a champ! Will wait for some good ice for the Z71.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1174 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Hog, I like how you think ;D Id be happy to sport a sticker!! Me likes em'. Sweatshirts could be made up for a fair price as well, I had some made up for my construction company and my employees!!

If everybody would promise to buy one, I could have half a dozen or so made up.
I'd be in for that, I'd sport em both, I'm PROUD of my MO's!!!!!!!!!
Good to meet you Vex also, and might I say your doing a heck of a job already  :thumbsup:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1175 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:25 PM »
I'd be in for that, I'd sport em both, I'm PROUD of my MO's!!!!!!!!!

X2

surflizard

« Reply #1176 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Sure would like to see the emblem as a sticker we can put on  Vehicles, sleds, wheelers or any other gear we can think of ! It would fit right in with my box truck ice fishing banner ! I'm in for 2 Please ?

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1177 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Okay then. Would the originator of the patch reveal yourself. Ill pm you my email so you can send me over a copy of the legendary "crest". I was thinking a grayish hoodie with a small crest on the front chest and a large crest on the back. I will get a price quote from the printer. Embroidery may be a little to costly?

Im already excited.

I will post a picture of the crest layout when they quote me. Then we will go from there.

surflizard

« Reply #1178 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Guilty as charged Vex, I have it saved in photobucket  ! >:D :roflmao: Can you investigate a emblen sticker option if the hoodies prove too costly ?

Thanks
Surf

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1179 on: Nov 26, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Sure can and will anyways. Im hunting right now but I will pm you my email or you can get it from reb if he chimes in sooner.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1180 on: Nov 26, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Go Blue!!  I called to get my new recoil assembly on it's way yesterday, Bonnie at ext 133 took care of me (Eva must have had the day off).  I mentioned the site to her she said she had heard about, thought it was good read.

Striker Ice Lite

surflizard

« Reply #1181 on: Nov 26, 2011, 02:20 PM »
I dealt with Bonnie when she helped me track down a new tank for Big Bertha, she knows her augers inside and out and even showed me the $8.00 adapter so I could put a Quantum bit on my old girl !

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1182 on: Nov 26, 2011, 04:12 PM »
Sweet idea on the hoodies.  Can't wait to get one.

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1183 on: Nov 26, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Do I want to buy 87 octane or 91 etc....  If I plan on using seafoam and startron (if i can find it) does it matter what octane level of unleaded I use in my MO?  If I can't find startron does anyone else have a suggestion for a good additive to take care of the ethanol issues that is like startron?

surflizard

« Reply #1184 on: Nov 26, 2011, 04:36 PM »
There are several non alcohol based ethnol additives out there, Startron, Amsoil, Gold eagle, most small engine dealers carry at least on brand ! The higher octane gas can cause hard starting issues in very cold temps, 87 will run just fine with a good oil and additive in it !

For the old Guard, I just received a PM from our Illustrious Technical Director Steven from Quebec, He will be along shortly to say howdy !! :thumbsup:

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1185 on: Nov 26, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Ok, so Ive officialy confirmed that there are no deer in my neck of the woods so....................

I will run the price on hoodies, then I will run the price on t-shirts, then on a 1 size fits all hat, then I will see if they do stickers.

Upon said price of our new threads of which we wear fishing, I will update ya'll ;D Proly gonna take a couple days :-\ Collectively we can decide on which apparal to purchase ;D ;D ;D

In addition, I will check the price on 1 dozen as well, just in case more of yall nutty F.O.E.A.O. members want one. These will be a limited edition super hoodie so if you want one you need to PM me so I know how many to get. Dont worry, before order is final I will let everyone know how much they will cost. Its too difficult to scroll around and keep track of who all wants one.

In regards to our little photo contest.............ho w long should we run it?

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1186 on: Nov 26, 2011, 05:00 PM »
O ya, since Im mostly a retard I decided to go back and learn the historical movement created here within the F.O.E.A.O. and as the official N.M.W.W.A. I here declare it be a necessary action :o :o :o.

So, go back and read..............its only 60 pages and its quite humorous :roflmao: There will be no quiz, its the honor system but if determined you failed to exercise your ability to do homework you will have to pay an extra 10% on your new F.O.E.A.O. apparal ;

surflizard

« Reply #1187 on: Nov 26, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I know that I speak for most here in saying thank you Vex for stepping up and offering to check this out for us, It is really Appreciated !

In all fairness we should run it at least till the first of the year, that gives all the members of F.O.E.A.O a chance to check in ! Maybe a bump on the contest and the stipulations every few weeks to make sure we notify all the Brothers and Sisters ! Just my .02

Surf

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1188 on: Nov 26, 2011, 05:45 PM »
I second the great idea. :thumbsup:

surflizard

« Reply #1189 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:06 PM »
Quote: but if determined you failed to exercise your ability to do homework you will have to pay an extra 10% on your new F.O.E.A.O. apparal

Just to sweeten the deal, Starting Monday, questions pertaining to information contained in the F.O.E.A.O Archives will be asked Once a week and the first F.O.E.A.O. member to answer correctly will win three new Custom Made Panfish Jigs courtesy of F.O.E.A.O.  The weekly winner can PM me with their mailing address and their Jigs will hit the US Postal service the following morning ! The only stipulation to the Contest is that you must fly the F.O.E.A.O Emblem with Pride !

Thank you and Good luck !
Surf S.A.A.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1190 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Vexie, I'm up for the apparel idea. Sounds good to me.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1191 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Surf, that is one sweet pot you have cookin there ;D This should be interesting!!

Just a reminder guys, if you want some fancy apparel this winter you will HAVE TO PM ME so I can order the correct amount. Prices will be available toward the end of this coming week.........stay tuned ;D

Ok, the 1st of the year it is :tipup: :tipup:

F.O.E.A.O. Update: Our 1st annual Motivational Picture Award Contest is running now through Jan 1st 2012. Two entries per member and MO must be in the picture. Every member who participates will be responsible for mailing the winner a jig or spoon, preferably a copy of your favorite fish catching style and color.

Im vexvision and I support this message ;D ;D ;D

Offline dalwhe1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1192 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Hi All, Purchased the 43 ,10" today and it was a bargain; Last year I had a jiffy and sold it when moving east; But came back to Sask. ; And now am and finally the proud owner of a new red devil ;D

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1193 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Nice shot!  ;D

And for the others! witch gaz do you use? cause i think my often cleaning jobs problems are because of ordinary gas with(around here) to mutch ethanol in it !...I'm refering to that link!

http://www.evinrude-parts.com/boat_ethanol_danger_precaution.html

Thank in advance for your advice!

steven.
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1194 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Got tired of waiting, I took apart my broken recoil assembly rewound it and reattached the rope, reinstalled on my MO, hit the primer once and she fired right up.  She ran. For few minuets then just stopped, gave her a few more pulls then she started but wouldn't idle for more than a few seconds.  She is brand new any suggestions, if she sits for an hour or so she will fire right back up.  I have the vent in the cap open, new gas, viper oil, plug gapped properly, and sea foam.  Do you think I need to adjust the carb?  I don't want to take her in if I help it, just looking for suggestions.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1195 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Dalwhe, I would like to welcome you to the F.O.E.A.O. on behalf of us all!

Welcome to the gang, you should love your new "Red Devil"!! Jump right in with both feet ;D

Go ahead and represent the F.O.A.E.O. with our bright blazing red patch!! Feel free to enter our photo contest as well, if your well read in our archives you could even win some custom jigs from Surf :whistle:

Kev, you might want to wait for Surf or Reb to chime in on this one!!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1196 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Got tired of waiting, I took apart my broken recoil assembly rewound it and reattached the rope, reinstalled on my MO, hit the primer once and she fired right up.  She ran. For few minuets then just stopped, gave her a few more pulls then she started but wouldn't idle for more than a few seconds.  She is brand new any suggestions, if she sits for an hour or so she will fire right back up.  I have the vent in the cap open, new gas, viper oil, plug gapped properly, and sea foam.  Do you think I need to adjust the carb?  I don't want to take her in if I help it, just looking for suggestions.
Kev,I'm no expert but I would start with the carb. You'll have to remove the red cap over the adjustment screw on top the carb, then turn the screw all the way in, DO NOT NOT tighten it, just tell it stops, seats. Then turn it back out 1 and 1/4 turns. That is factory sitting I believe and if everything else is good it should start and run fine. Also when you prime it the choke must be off. pull the air filter and make sure its not gas soaked, if it is wash it out with dish soap and let it dry out good. This is where I would start, Reb and or Surfy will be able to help ya out more or add to this If I'm missing something. Good luck and keep us informed.

Offline pannyjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1197 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:35 PM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome on the previous page.  I will post pics once we get some ice.  Right now it is 53 degrees and raining. >:(

I do have one question about my new Mako.  I have a Stihl string trimmer and blower that each also require a 50:1 mixture (same as the auger I understand).  Can I use this same mixture for the auger?  I use Stihl Ultra 2-stoke oil and add Seafoam at a 2 oz/gallon ratio.  I am trying to keep my life as simple as possible, but don't want to cause any damage to the new Mo either.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

pannyjigger.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1198 on: Nov 27, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Nice shot!  ;D

And for the others! witch gaz do you use? cause i think my often cleaning jobs problems are because of ordinary gas with(around here) to mutch ethanol in it !...I'm refering to that link!

http://www.evinrude-parts.com/boat_ethanol_danger_precaution.html

Thank in advance for your advice!

steven.

Hpoe this will help you Steven

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=QC

Tom

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1199 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:32 AM »
     CAUTION:The following may not be suitable for anyone  :woot:

As the unofficial F.O.E.A.O. Weather Guesser and Keeper of the Official dried-seagull-knuckle-bone-tosser and reader kit that aids in winter storm predictions, I discovered a slight indication during the most recent reading that the unseasonably hated shirt-sleeve days and warm trend are commencing to begin moving out of the ice-belt of the upper US so we can welcome in the hammering by Ma Nature as she is being stalked by Commander Jack Frost whose helpers plan on making her shriek, squeal and gladly take her leave as CJF sets up camp. Ya'll ain't seen nothin' yet ! It's gonna be cold and snowy, freezing tears on your cheeks for wishing for ice in such large numbers. It's all your fault, but, well...bring it on! Ready or not.   
                  :icefish:   

Welcome to you that have only been here in spirit and forgot that we're OPEN year round for joyous tomfoolery.    ;)2

New comers, welcome and howdy.  Ah ha! Let the rites of initiation, oh, wait, I'm out of order. Forget that.    >:D

And to you with mechanical issues, (Never a problem here), I refuse to jump the chain of command out of respect for the agreed upon holders of information they always accurately share to all who enter.    :bow:

And I will not say a word about being a Rocket man, :woot: or life long mechanic, :flex: but I may be inclined to flash my Gold Card that is not used for credit,  :whistle: but it gets drooled upon and is no longer available from Amsoil.Inc. Alas, no Lifetime dealers have been issued since before some of you dear and welcome members were born.   The knowledge of lubrication (or too much of it) and the economics involved have hinted that I cannot afford to use the cheep stuff ~ :sick: it's just not cost effective.      Selah, cognite, think about it. There, three times ought to do it.

I Remain,
                                                                                              Y'r Ob'svt Svt,  ??? :-*
                                                                                                           Tom

Objections greatly appreciated ~ Just tell me.

Coming soon: The true meaning of Rocket Surgery                                           No animals were harmed in this ditty

Grasshopper enters a bar, orders a beer, takes a seat and notices the bar keep is impressed he can talk and is told, " Ya know, we have a drink named after you.
The grasshopper is taken aback, looks up from his beer and says
"Wow! Really? You have a drink...

named Bob.      :woot: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.