The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363764 times)

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1020 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:28 AM »
glad to be apart of it SURF!  praying for ice now and I can't wait to get ya some pics!

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1021 on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I guess I made it into the elite group....Just bought a Mako 43cc 10" auger. Cant wait to try it out on the ice!!
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1022 on: Nov 16, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Yes you did!!! Welcome!!!! You're gonna love it here!!!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1023 on: Nov 16, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Welcome Guys! You all are gonna love them MO's!I will be heading out Sunday again for Hop Sings 1st trip, drill fest. Action shots to follow. Loving this early ice!

surflizard

« Reply #1024 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:12 AM »
Good luck out there FKK, we're with ya in spirit, wet and MILD here !  :'( >:(

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1025 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Cccccold here!!!! 19 right now!!!! WHEEEEEEE!!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1026 on: Nov 17, 2011, 12:02 PM »
I guess I made it into the elite group....Just bought a Mako 43cc 10" auger. Cant wait to try it out on the ice!!
Welcome to club MO You will enjoy your Mako, I have the same auger and punched over a thousand holes with it last season without having one issue. I drill anywhere from 20 - 100 holes an outing hunting for eyes and love that my MOfires up first or second pull every time.

By coming to this club you will enjoy vast knowledge that Rebs and Surfy provide. And the idle chit chat the rest of us MO rons provide ;D

surflizard

« Reply #1027 on: Nov 17, 2011, 12:10 PM »
You keep talkin about my buddy HH like that Mister and we's headed out behind the Shack, Nobody but nobody has the right to call him funny names like Peg Perch Pounda, or Winnipeg Wiggle Worm Whompa but us !! :o :roflmao:

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1028 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:03 PM »
Came to this site to get some advice on purchasing a Eskimo Z51 or Z71.   You don't know how much of a let down it is to have read they are being made in China now.  The whole reason I finally and I mean finally made a flipping decision on Eskimo is because they weren't made overseas.   Now I don't know if I want to go with a Mo or not.  Can anyone tell me if they know when they started making them in China.  Is this the first season product will be on the shelves from China.  If it is I don't want to be the guiney pig to see how the first production run works.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1029 on: Nov 18, 2011, 03:38 AM »
 In talking with Eva at Ardisam this week, they started the overseas build a year to a year and a half ago. She stated the quality control remains the same, as will the warranty. I am not aware of any issues with the augers from last year; and so far this year, all seem to be OK, too. EVERY gas auger out there is now made in ching chong land, even the "German engineered" assembled and made in China ones... :whistle:
I wouldn't worry about the Eskimo at this point, customer service still seems to be #1 with Eskimo/Ardisam.

Rebel

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1030 on: Nov 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Icegator is American made.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1031 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:48 AM »
True. We're talking gas augers.  ;D

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1032 on: Nov 18, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Could it be certain meds are contraindicated with certain others? Then, with the addition of Ethel, a very nice combination of memory lapses, some of which are long term, occur, the result of which, in this case, brings the battery auger to the boggled mind of the recipient of said ill mixed meds and poison.

surflizard

« Reply #1033 on: Nov 18, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Ice gator has pretty much cut their own throat by not responding to the customers repeated attempts to contact them for serious service issues ! It started out as a good idea, but it got away from them and the unresolved service issue will be tough to recover from, if they ever do !

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1034 on: Nov 18, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Came to this site to get some advice on purchasing a Eskimo Z51 or Z71.   You don't know how much of a let down it is to have read they are being made in China now.  The whole reason I finally and I mean finally made a flipping decision on Eskimo is because they weren't made overseas.   Now I don't know if I want to go with a Mo or not.  Can anyone tell me if they know when they started making them in China.  Is this the first season product will be on the shelves from China.  If it is I don't want to be the guiney pig to see how the first production run works.
I bought the Z71 this year and am not worried in the least! This is my 3rd MO and I'm sure its just as good as my others, and customer service is still #1. My throttle cable was sticking when it arrived and the lock was broke, I called Eskimo and they sent me a complet handle assembly with throttle cable the next day! That thing runs freaking AWSOME! I'll be the guinea pig, ain't scared!

surflizard

« Reply #1035 on: Nov 18, 2011, 01:34 PM »
Hey FKK
We are in need of a Z71 Performance evaluator, think we might talk ya into jumpin onboard as an in the field Z71 PE ? Nothin major as far as paperwork goes, just a trip by trip report on what you think as far as the way she runs and cuts ice and how it behaves at different temps and such ! It will help to create Real world reviews that people can research to make the decision of whether or not to give the Eskimos a serious look when they are purchasing a new auger !

Surf

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1036 on: Nov 18, 2011, 03:54 PM »
I'd be happy to, anything I can do help out! this weekend will be its 1st trip out so will let you all know how it goes sunday night or monday morning. Hope there's enough ice to use it,lol.

surflizard

« Reply #1037 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Very Cool FKK, Good luck out there and stay safe buddy ! Still in the 50s/30s rut back here, last year I was on the ice November 19th, Tomorrow, not lookin that way this year though !  :'(

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1038 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Pics, please!!!!! I wanna see PICS!!!!!! :woot:

surflizard

« Reply #1039 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:25 PM »
You want pictures Boss, you got pictures, how this ?? >:D :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1040 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I see no reason to post pics of your cousin FRAN....  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1041 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Pics, please!!!!! I wanna see PICS!!!!!! :woot:
you got em Reb, wouldn't be a good report without pics. lol.
 Weather been warm here in town, 50's and 60's but up where I'm going been in the 30's and teens so hopefully the last two days don't kill it for me, been in the 40's. Two hour drive to find out. ???

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1042 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Surf!!!! Thats just wrong man........

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1043 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:36 PM »
True. We're talking gas augers.  ;D

I'm just sayin' if you want American, who ya gonna call.

surflizard

« Reply #1044 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:37 PM »
I know FKK, But When our Grand Poohba gets excited, I do what I can to help him out, don't ya know ! >:D ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1045 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Surf, is there money in the kitty for a helmet cam for FKK? Who the heck is the treasurer of this organization, anyway?! No one tells me anything!!! From now on, memos!!!! Signed and dated!!!! I want memos!!!!! No more "word of mouth!!" :nono:

surflizard

« Reply #1046 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Sorry boss, we drained the kitty using it for your bail money after the last Bingo hall Queen incident Remember ??

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1047 on: Nov 18, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Ahem...perhaps the funds went to that orphanage down south for children that'll never be able to use a 'Mo...good job with financial allocation, Mr. Surf. Perhaps Mr. I'gator would like to propose a motion as to how to handle our funds?  :whistle:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1048 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:09 PM »
This is so sudden, ah...Hmm,... perhaps a donation scam, of, let's see, ah, a penny per post to be forwarded to the Grand Treasurer, yet to appointed by, no, wait, voted on by those guilty parties who cannot count on all their appendages, the times they have been personally responsible for the entry of trivia of what should have been left where found in the cattle lot, oh, wait, I can't afford the $15,000 it'll end up costing me. I'd better get busy on plan B, any help will be graciously appreciated. :woot:   

surflizard

« Reply #1049 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Don't blame me, You were the one hanging from the chandellier when John law walked in, Orphanage Huh, I'll hafta try that one next time !  ;)2 :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.