The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363805 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #990 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:53 PM »
You pretty much covered everything Reb, I have nothing good to say about the results of a college degree nowadays so I won't comment on that ! I am suprised by this made in china revelation and more then disappointed, so I will leave that for another time ! What I will say is that, we will carry on with business as usual here on the F.O.E.A.O thread and if we can help any MO owners with tips and suggestion we will, this thread has helped more then a few people so it just makes sense to keep on keepin on !

Surf

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #991 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:58 PM »
I stand with you and my powder is dry. My feelings for my MO are unchanged.

By my own code thru all of life, I will not withdraw allegiance, once granted.

I don't plan on learning a second language, EVER, I've barely got a handle on this one.

With the economy as it is, I heard 30% of the people in America are going back home to **x**0.

That'll make more space for the new owners of America.

We need, not only machinist, but self-sufficient individuals, that can think of a reasonable solution to their every encounter in life. Call these survivors that will live well, and into the future, Diagnosticians. If you can't wrap your head around that, then, you might want to get a word defined. "EXTINCTION".

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #992 on: Nov 13, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Through the Internet I got to know a lot of Asian folks.  The ones I know have values that would make them someone you would be proud to know.  They work hard, take pride in their work, demand respect from their children, and hold their kids to very high standards.  Do those values sound familiar, they do to anyone over 50...,maybe 60.  Those are the values that made OUR country great.  If we get back to them we will be great again.  In another life, way back when I supported this Presidents party, he said:  "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  Now days you know it's what can I get for nothing.  Even in my home state the whiners are complaining when they are asked to contribute less then half of what the private sector workes pay for their own health and welfare.

As far as I'm concerned I'll buy the best product for the best price no matter who makes it, or where it's made.

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #993 on: Nov 13, 2011, 09:39 PM »
WHAT!??! MADE IN CHINA??!!!! Not on my 'ray!!!! I NEED  a pic of that.....and NO, it better not rattle if the shaft/flighting is tight!!!! if it does, take it back!!!! You got a bad unit!!!! Let me know what happens....but take it back!!! Sounds like a bad gearcase. Again, let me know if ya have any problems....oh God, what next!!! Not the 'Mo's!!!! :o ::) We're gonna rally round ya, Bro!!!!! :flex:

Gear case is fine and its just a little wobble where the auger attaches to tha output shaft.  Do any of you other stingray owners see the sticker?  It is where the handles mount to the power head on top of the gear case.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #994 on: Nov 13, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Actually, mine has no play there. I suggest you check a couple other ones, and I'll ask Eva tomorrow when I talk to her about it. Try to tighten the allen screw down, too.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #995 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Gear case is fine and its just a little wobble where the auger attaches to the output shaft. 
I thought the clearance was fair, but called to be sure. To me, logic for the clearance is better than a press fit.

I grabbed this MO at the end of last season at Cabela's.    Live long MAKO !

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #996 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:09 PM »
I should be a proud member of an Eskimo auger by the end of this week.  After seeing this thread for the last year I can finally write on it's wall.

And to join the conversation I just read the manual online for the Mako (which is what I got) and I see that you are suppose to tighten the allen screw down till it is flush with the auger.  I don't have one in front of me and it is my first auger, I just noticed they made a huge deal about this and it might have something to do with your conversation.
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #997 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:12 PM »

I see that you are suppose to tighten the allen screw down till it is flush with the auger.   I just noticed they made a huge deal about this and it might have something to do with your conversation.
That's what I was told too. A bit of LockTite in the threaded hole keeps it tight. Pick up a spare for the tackle box just in case it goes swimming.   :woot:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #998 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:27 PM »
And keep that allen wrench secure in the T. Box also....

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #999 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:56 PM »
I drilled a hole in my allen wrench, midway of the long shank for a safety line less than a foot long and 8" stick/dowel, held together with 7 strand cable and a crimped ferule. Nice if it floats after ya drop it in deep snow that you move and kick with your foot to find it, just as it goes kerplunkblub.
A bit of contrasting paint or surveyors/loggers tape helps too.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1000 on: Nov 14, 2011, 11:14 AM »
Well folks, I have a call in to Eva at Ardisam and awaiting her reply.....I'll report back just as soon as I get the scoop. Your humble yet slighlty ballistic GP,

Reb

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1001 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Sad news, people....Eva just called me and informed me that as of last year, ALL Eskimo's are now made overseas...everything. The engine, (which was) flighting, shaft, and blades. Nothing is made in Wisconsin anymore. I'm at at a huge loss for words. I can't believe that Ardisam, after 50 years, has gone the way of cheap labor. Guess it's to be expected.
She stated that their quality control hasn't changed; everything remains the same. I told her talk to me in a year. Well, guess our 'Mo's aren't good ol' USA products anymore. Let's just hope the quality doesn't suffer, as she promised me it wouldn't....
Wonder if when ya call them now their phone rings *ching*chong*
 :'( :'(

Reb

PS....Better hang on to those 'Mo's older than a couple years, I feel they're gonna be worth their weight in gold..... :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #1002 on: Nov 14, 2011, 03:00 PM »
I'm really likin Big Bertha right about now, Good old American Girl !

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1003 on: Nov 14, 2011, 03:48 PM »
I am not to worried guys, I only noticed a sticker and if no one else has noticed any other changes we should not have to worry about it.  All of you that own an Eskimo will still depend on your auger being a quality machine and we picked this auger over the others so don't worry about it they are still the best. They did not change engines or other parts it is just assembled by another set of hands.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1004 on: Nov 14, 2011, 03:52 PM »
I hope so...how did you come out on the "wobble" issue?

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #1005 on: Nov 14, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Hello to ALL !
   I had the chance to meet Surflizard in person this weekend ( heck of a nice guy I'm happy to have as a Friend )
We were working on my shack and we took a break I wanted to show him ( In my words old Auger )
Well when he looked at what I had he was  speechless ( anyone who knows him knows he is not short on words ) lol
anyways long story short he said I had to show you guys
      Joe

Got it last year only cut 6 holes with it runs mint ! Have yet to start it this year .
Had to hide it after I saw that look in Mr. Lizards eye
---- Joe ----

surflizard

« Reply #1006 on: Nov 14, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Glad ya swung by Joe, welcome to the F.O.E.A.O Shack ! No worries Joe, your safe, I'm workin a deal for an older MO !! ;)2

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1007 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I hope so...how did you come out on the "wobble" issue?

Called Eskimo, they said that is normal and just fine as long as the allen bolt is tight.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1008 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Good deal. Just wanted it to work out for ya.  :) Everyone seems really happy with them, and haven't heard of any problems in the last year AT ALL, so lets hope it will continue!!!
They do have #1 in customer service, for sure!!! :thumbsup:

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1009 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Tried your break in method.  It starts on the first pull now.  I am looking forward to the season ahead.
Thanks Rebelss

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1010 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Tried your break in method.  It starts on the first pull now.  I am looking forward to the season ahead.
Thanks Rebelss
Thats why he is the Poobah of the F.O.E.A.O ;D 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1011 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Thats why he is the Poobah of the F.O.E.A.O ;D

That would be GRAND Poobah, Hoggy!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
And that Hoggy is ONE SMART GUY!!!!  :thumbsup:  Thanks, guys, I just am glad I can help everyone. I'm happy for ya, Rukus3! I see a long, loving relationship there!!! Guess what...dug out my 'Mo today, gassed 'er up, and yes, it's true, first short pull RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Started on first try!!!  I rest my case... :whistle:
I want to thank Surfy, too, our SAA (Sergeant at arms...see those initials by the Eskimo shield?!) He knows his engines, too, and has many good tips for all!!!! I foresee a great season ahead.....

Reb

surflizard

« Reply #1012 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:34 PM »
All Hail his Exaultedness, The Grand Poobah, The Fearless Leader of the Masters of Mayhem !!  :bow: :bow: :bow: >:D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1013 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:46 PM »
And I want to add this site probably wouldn't be here if Surfy hadn't been chowing down those pork rinds and Granny Giddyup's secret elixer, and poked me out of my revelry to tell me about his great idea!!! Three cheers for nozzle nose, er, Surfy!!
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1014 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:35 PM »
Who could forget Surfy the ultimate MO tivator ;D

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1015 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:12 AM »
WHAT!??! MADE IN CHINA??!!!!
Wow my new Z71 doesn't say made in china....... but it must be true. :'( Was gonna name it Hoss, but think I'll name it Hop Sing now. :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #1016 on: Nov 16, 2011, 06:37 AM »
You Gents are too kind !  :bow:  :bow: :bow:  A site is nothing without its members, F.O.E.A.O would have not become the Juggernaut that it is today without everyones participation, Therefore a Huge round of Applause is due to the All the Members that makes it all possible !!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :flex: :flex: :roflmao:

P.S. The best part is that You guys kill me on a Regular Basis !! :woot: ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1017 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:14 AM »
I've wanted an Eskimo since I was a teenager.

Jeepers!! They had the internal combustion engine when you were a teenager??  ;D
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #1018 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:36 AM »
just found this forum and wanted to tell ya I jumped off my clam and got a QUICKFLIP 2 this fall. AND I am now awaiting my ESKIMO gas auger! always drilled by hand till now( hoping). can't wait to get this stuff on some ice.
I didn't read all the posts in here,but it should keep me busy wait for ice-up!

surflizard

« Reply #1019 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Welcome to F.O.E.A.O. mdrobny, Glad to have ya about ! Good luck with your new MO, any action shots of you and the new auger are Greatly appreciated ! It is a good read, however if your going to have a beverage in hand while reading thru all the posts, I would highly recommend covering your keyboard with a towel ! Because some of the Chicannery and Mayhem contained in here, will surely make you blow your beverage right out your nose !! :woot: :pinch: :blink: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.