The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363764 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #960 on: Nov 07, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Way to go FKK, Nice Troots !

Alast no, Bullhead bandit up on Alaskas north slope posted fish 2 weeks ago !  :'( He is the First for F.O.E.AO. though, Congrats again FKK !! :bow: :clap: :flex:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #961 on: Nov 07, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Yea FKK!!!! First fishies of da year!!!!   :thumbsup: Ya whupped everyone! I bow in honor.. :bow: :bow:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #962 on: Nov 07, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Thanks all! No bowing needed Reb. I told ya all I was going nuts and had to find ice. LOL. Just hope it stays cool and not warm up like it did last year. Was walking around in t-shirts in Dec.

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #963 on: Nov 07, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Just thought I'd give you guys a little update. I got another $25 gift card to Cabelas. lol I'm up to $215 total in gift cards!! I've been calling but they haven't seen anything new in the past week. I really hope they get the Z71 in stock. If they have them in a month i'm getting one INSTEAD of the Nils!! That oughta warm your heart Reb!!haha

surflizard

« Reply #964 on: Nov 07, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Good luck Joe and let us know what you end up with either way !

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #965 on: Nov 07, 2011, 06:52 PM »
I will for sure!! I'm leaning more towards the Eskimo now. The Nils is just to expensive and I want the 10" auger. Its pretty much between the shark z71 and the shark z51. I really hope cabelas gets the z71 though. If I can't have the Nils I want the baddest MO they make!!

surflizard

« Reply #966 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Thats the attitude we wanna see Joe !! :thumbsup:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #967 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:14 PM »
If they have them in a month i'm getting one INSTEAD of the Nils!! That oughta warm your heart Reb!!haha

I feel SOOOO warm and fuzzy all over!!!!!!!   :laugh:

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #968 on: Nov 08, 2011, 07:12 AM »
Here it is:

Depends on how picky you are about your engine.  Start it, just let it idle for the first 10 minutes or so, then shut 'er down and let it cool off. Re-start, and slowly bring revs up, then down, slowly advancing up to Midrange.  Shut off; let cool down. Repeat, slowly advancing engine to WOT. Remember to let it idle as long as it was at higher rpms; if you ran it at high revs for 15 seconds, let it drop to idle for at least that long. Proper break-in sets the stage for the future of your engine....no reason to pound the heck out of it right away. Run it at the PROPER oil specified ratio with a good (Viper) 2 stroke oil for Air-cooled engines.

Thanks Reb I will be doing this with my mako.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #969 on: Nov 08, 2011, 09:55 AM »
And here's some 'MO humor for ya...

"So I took my wife to the sporting goods store and got an Eskimo auger for her.....pretty good trade, huh?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :clap:

Don't even GO without a 'MO!!!!

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #970 on: Nov 10, 2011, 08:53 PM »
My new Z51 showed up at my door step tuesday....all put together, just need to add fuel to her and do the break in on it  ;)

surflizard

« Reply #971 on: Nov 10, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Nice walleyes4*u, Welcome to the brotherhood, Action shots of guys with their MOs are always appreciated !

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #972 on: Nov 10, 2011, 11:05 PM »
My new Z51 showed up at my door step tuesday....all put together, just need to add fuel to her and do the break in on it  ;)

;D Welcome to the club, you will be happy ;D

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #973 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I just ordered my first power auger today, an Eskimo Stingray, after reading all the great things about them on this thread. I'm going to build an auger rack on my pull sled and was wondering if it matters which way the auger sits in it? Should I have it so that it sits on it's handle with the gas tank up or can I lay it on it's side? Or doesn't it matter?

surflizard

« Reply #974 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Congrats on going with the EskiMO, you made a great choice ! Tank up is a good plan !

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #975 on: Nov 11, 2011, 06:26 PM »
We gonna see some more pics Fordkisscrazy???? :-\

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #976 on: Nov 12, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Congrats on going with the EskiMO, you made a great choice ! Tank up is a good plan !

I always get tanked up after a hard day fishin'!!! *HIC* :wacko:

Actually, my 'ray sits with the tank up on the handle.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #977 on: Nov 12, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Question.  I'm gonna fire up my brand new z51 shark tomorrow and break it in. does it make any difference if I do it with the auger off or on the power head?

Striker Ice Lite

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #978 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Yes. You'll be breaking in the clutch, also.  IMO it's best to run the weight of the auger to properly have it "break in" also. I feel that's a better way than to have it run than weight free.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #979 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Thank yo.u I was kind of thinking it might be better for the clutch, just figuerd I would get some expert opinions, also should I have bbq or hot spicy pork rinds during the break in?    ;D

Striker Ice Lite

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #980 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:24 PM »
I would start with the bbq, then move to the hot/spicy, wash down with a cold beer, then follow up with 5 layer mexican dip, as I am doing now. Wash down with a few more beers. As I used to say, for a "Well-tuned engine, use a well tuned mechanic"... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Go, 'MO, go!!!!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #981 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:30 PM »
We gonna see some more pics Fordkisscrazy???? :-\
No pics this weekend, been pretty warm here so figured I'd wait another week or so to try some other lakes. But soon grasshopper, soon. I can't wait to get the new MO out there n try her out!

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #982 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:56 PM »
I'm can't wait!! I'm almost leaning towards picking the z71 from glenns while its on sale and then use the cabelas cards towards a new rifle or shot gun. I should have $300 to cabelas after christmas but the z51 is over $400, the Z71 is under $400 from Glenns...... Decisions.... Decisions... But Its Definately going to be a MO!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #983 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:06 PM »
But Its Definately going to be a MO!!!!!!!!! ;D

And if it's not, we now know where you live!!!  >:D

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #984 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Well guys I finally did it, I bought a sting ray.  I wanted the mako but at scheels in SD they only had 10 inchers,  that would not due so i bought the Stingray.  One question for all you stingray owners, does your auger rattle on the output shaft?  Also It has a made in china sticker What the HECK I thought these were made in AMERICA!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #985 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:51 PM »
WHAT!??! MADE IN CHINA??!!!! Not on my 'ray!!!! I NEED  a pic of that.....and NO, it better not rattle if the shaft/flighting is tight!!!! if it does, take it back!!!! You got a bad unit!!!! Let me know what happens....but take it back!!! Sounds like a bad gearcase. Again, let me know if ya have any problems....oh God, what next!!! Not the 'Mo's!!!! :o ::) We're gonna rally round ya, Bro!!!!! :flex:

surflizard

« Reply #986 on: Nov 13, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Really, Ardisam went Ching, Chang ?? Well, don't that suck hind tit !! :%$#!:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #987 on: Nov 13, 2011, 07:36 PM »
I'm calling Eva tomorrow....we know the engines, as ALL augers today, are made/assembled in China. But the rest of the auger?! B***sh**!!! Can't be!!! I'm gonna get to the bottom of this FAST! I'm not sinking my money into a company that pulls the ol' poopy on me. Sorry for the rant...I'll let everyone know tomorrow what I find out.

Reb

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #988 on: Nov 13, 2011, 07:52 PM »
We have very few people who know HOW to fabricate things now days.  There are a ton of folks out of work, and the manufactures in Northeast and Central Wisco. can't find workers for high paying manufacturing jobs.  The high schools train the kids for college.  If a kid chooses to go into machinist training, or the trades he's branded a loser by the teachers, and fellow students.  That is a load of you know what.  I have run into so many mush heads with useless degrees, that can't even install a lousy electric outlet.  If you can't say what you are; as in "I AM A (an)......, "  your a sucker with a major financial burden for the rest of your life.

What our schools, and colleges are turning out today is a shame.  If you go to college today, learn to speak Chinese, that way you will be able to ask your bosses permission to go to the bathroom.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #989 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Oh, that was excellent, Silvercliff! The sad part, is it's all true. I'm old school,and in my younger days right outta highschool I worked hard enough to become a 2nd class machinist, and made damned good money doing it...a highly skilled trade, of which you could be proud. I machined out the parts for the heart-lung bypass machines used by Mayo Clinic and made by Waters Instruments, where I worked. Sorry folks, in IMO, which I'm entitled to, the colleges are turning out yes man that answer to huge corporations that have no clue and could care less what quality and craftsmanship even mean...your "mush heads". Not all are like this, I know, but far too many for my personal liking. Not bashing colleges; they are needed in this day and age, and ARE a good thing. I spent 27 years in law enforcement, and even THAT has become...oh, I best shut up. At least I can say I've been there, done that, and I got there on my own. Isn't what it used to be. Nothing is anymore. I mourn the loss.
'Mo owners, myself and Surfy have put a LOT of time and effort into the F.O.E.A.O thread. Surf got this started and rolling with an idea, and I jumped on board and took off as the go-between and info man with Ardisam to bring the best we could to this thread. Surfy designed the 50 year emblem by himself, and implemented and pushed for all that we have become. I've recruited and cajoled with Ardisam for special benefits for our members just by mentioning the F.O.E.A.O name. We  started this, backed this, and brought in new members because we own, use, and have a product that we feel is superior. We personally received NOTHING from Ardisam or Eskimo for this, other than a little "extra"service for any of our members of Iceshanty.com., which was the main goal, to support this terrific site and it's members. If it's taking a dive south, it sure caught us by the b***s.  I will speak with Ardisam tomorrow and get to the bottom of this, and will report back to all of you who have made the F.O.E.A.O thread a blast for all of us. I apologize to the mods if I am doing something I shouldn't be, it's in the best interest of our members, so whack me if you must. I stand for all of us here, and if things change for the worse with the Eskimo name, I'll do my best for all of you to the best of my ability, and apologize for what they may have changed. I've got big shoulders.

Rebel

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.