The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363777 times)

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #840 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Rukus3, you will be very happy with the Mako! I had one, she ran great and don't be surprised if you  find yourself making "Swiss cheese" once you see how easy it is to move n drill and get in the fish.
LDB, welcome aboard! Great Christmas present! You get a ata boy for visiting your Mo everyday, ATA BOY!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
Re: Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #841 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:50 AM »
I suppose since I'm a mako MO'wner,I can be a member of the F.O.E.A.O. Bought her last christmas........YES, I visit her everyday in the shed.
Yup, yer definately qualified ,or is it certified? Either way you`re a Mo-Man! All aboard, from Vintage Models with the Tec-MOtor to the High-tech Drillin` MO-chines some folks run, all included! I can`t wait to lug my vintage 1977 MO-drill out on the ice at 5:00am and utter the familiar phrase(kind of a ritual with me), " LET`S WAKE SUM PEOPLE UP!!!!" ( no muffler, just ports=LOUD)

Vintage MO-1977 Tec  :bow:

Can we get an official F.O.E.A.O. hayd-count ?

surflizard

« Reply #842 on: Oct 27, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Welcome One and All, both Old Hands and New MO Owners, Glad to have everyone one aboard one of the most Information Packed, Highly Entertaining and most Popular threads on the ice shanty !

I think last head count was over 50, Hey Gator, didn't we carve the head count into the bar top in the shack ?

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #843 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:18 AM »
I suppose since I'm a mako MO'wner,I can be a member of the F.O.E.A.O. Bought her last christmas........YES, I visit her everyday in the shed.

Welcome to the club Lac Du Bonnet. You will get a kick out of it. I punched at least a thousand holes last year on Lake Winnipeg alone with my 10 inch mako and never had one issue. Best bang for your buck as far as I am concerned. Only trouble was late in the season with an 18inch extention I had to stand on milk crates to pull it out, almost 60 inches of ice.   

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #844 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:25 AM »
I can hear his wife now..."Honey, stop playing with your 'Mo and get inside!!!"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
[/quote]

Its her fault I play with the MOso much. Her and my kid brung it home for me last year as a suprise birthday present. With my BD coming in 3 weeks I cant wait to see whats in store. I sure hope all the hints of me needing a flasher this past summer have sunk into her head by now ;D ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #845 on: Oct 27, 2011, 11:08 AM »
,or is it certified?                                                       

\

Surfy's certified... :cookoo:   :roflmao: :roflmao:

Welcome, LDB!!!! Enjoy all the tomfoolery!!! Say, where is he?!
I like that pic, Das!!!! looks like new!!!!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #846 on: Oct 27, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Yup, yer definately qualified ,or is it certified? Either way you`re a Mo-Man! All aboard, from Vintage Models with the Tec-MOtor to the High-tech Drillin` MO-chines some folks run, all included! I can`t wait to lug my vintage 1977 MO-drill out on the ice at 5:00am and utter the familiar phrase(kind of a ritual with me), " LET`S WAKE SUM PEOPLE UP!!!!" ( no muffler, just ports=LOUD)
                                                                      (Image removed from quote.)
                                                                       Vintage MO-1977 Tec  :bow:

Can we get an official F.O.E.A.O. hayd-count ?
Nothing like the pop, pop, popping of a Tecumseh 3 hp early in the morning.  :flex: :thumbsup:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

surflizard

« Reply #847 on: Oct 27, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Oh boy, Ain't the Flatties gonna love you buddy !! :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #848 on: Oct 27, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I like that pic, Das!!!! looks like new!!!!
Tore it apart when it was given to me by a family member with a seriously bad back. If he fell on the ice , or anywhere for that matter, he would be in a wheelchair. Unfortunate, good guy. Drill was originally orange and butt-ugly! Wouldn`t run, all gummed up, new plug and a carb kit and she fires right up.  I was in the 6th grade when this baby came off the MO-line! She still has a couple years left in her.

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #849 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Where are you guys finding the new shark z71 with aluminum handles? I've been looking everywhere and all I can find is the old plastic handled ones. The plastic handle ones are on sale for a ridiculous price. I saw one just over $300. Looks like they are getting rid of all the old stuff to make room for the new ones!! I am on the fence between a Nils and the aluminum handled shark (if I can find one). Unortunately it'll need to be whatever cabelas has. I have over $200 in cabelas gift cards and its going toward a new auger! I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited for fishing season!!! ;D

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #850 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:34 PM »
Reb, sorry I wasn't there to defend ya grand poo ba, but my dogs ate my manual, so I had no clue. Looks like you got everybody straightened up though( I thought you could). I wanted to show you all what the snow we got today brought in with it........ my new Mo! The Z71, started on the 4th pull, sure sounded sweet.(Image removed from quote.) The two Mo's together(Image removed from quote.)
the new aluminum handles(Image removed from quote.) I'd post the two motors side by side but the photo wont upload. The 71 is a monster compaire'd to the Barracuda 2hp. Now I really need some ice!

Hows the feel of the aluminum handles? Do they feel sturdy? How is the weight difference? Auger look amazing. Good buy

surflizard

« Reply #851 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:40 PM »
I see Cabelas have the New Z71 in stock, still says 2 weeks on the Nils with shipping direct from the factory

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #852 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:59 PM »
A bit of a late get-go, the mouse died, which at my age, is better than the rabbit dieing.    :woot: :roflmao:
Touch pads are too fiddly and often result in chaos.

Did Rukus3 get back from Sioux Falls with a new MO?

Welcome Lac Du Bonnet ~ good job on getting that red pentagon so soon.

Das, nice clean '77 MO.

Head count must be up to nearly 130, just gotta recount after the new top on the bar.  :thumbsup:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #853 on: Oct 27, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Handles feel good n sturdy, no play what so ever, still kinda worried, cold, aluminum, fall down go boom. hopefully no problems. Got mine from Glen's, $397 with shipping and got a free auger bag. All the new Z models should have the aluminum bars, if they don't they're  last years models. the z71 is heavy er the the barracuda, not by much but it is. Spec says 32 pounds. not bad but it will get heavy after awhile with my back. I drill a lot of holes in a day but the way this thing runs should take much. Went out this morning 15 degrees and she fired up 1st pull.

surflizard

« Reply #854 on: Oct 27, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Nice MO Double Whammy shot right there FKK !!  :thumbsup:

No worries Gator, 130 you say, Wow that is Outstanding, that is one Heap Big Passle of MOnipulators in one spot !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #855 on: Oct 27, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Nice pair ya got there, FKK!!  ;D  I wouldn't worry about the aluminum handles and the cold, aluminum doesn't "brittle up" when cold.

Question for the day: How long does it take to drill a hole in the ice with an Eskimo?

Answer: Only a 'Moment.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #856 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Uh Oh !!  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #857 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:10 PM »
What?! What?!! What have you done NOW??!!! This always scares me.... :o

surflizard

« Reply #858 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I ain't done nothin your Exaultedness, I got witnesses this time too ! I was Just bracin myself for more of your MOnumental One liners !!  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #859 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Every time I hear an "Uh oh" from you, the air raid sirens go off, dogs cower and whine, babies cry, and I break out in a cold sweat!!! There's NO telling what you are going to do next, but if this keeps up, by hardwater I know what shape I'll be in..... :wacko:

Offline Rukus3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #860 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:42 PM »
A bit of a late get-go, the mouse died, which at my age, is better than the rabbit dieing.    :woot: :roflmao:
Touch pads are too fiddly and often result in chaos.

Did Rukus3 get back from Sioux Falls with a new MO?

Welcome Lac Du Bonnet ~ good job on getting that red pentagon so soon.

Das, nice clean '77 MO.

Head count must be up to nearly 130, just gotta recount after the new top on the bar.  :thumbsup:
Soon, hopefully this weekend.  You guys sure have me excited to go get one.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #861 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:54 PM »
We're just like kiddies waiting for Christmas morning!!!!

surflizard

« Reply #862 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:57 PM »
So that where I'd seen you before Reb, the World famous child actor Wilfred Brimley !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #863 on: Oct 27, 2011, 05:29 PM »
By golly, I was able to find your yearbook graduation picture....from Possum Valley PS , grade 5!!!! Right dapper lookin' little fella there!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #864 on: Oct 27, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Hey Reb

I don't know where your getting your lizard info from, but If I were you, I would reconsider the source, Sure hope ya didn't pay a lot for it, Cause it ain't worth WHOOEY !! I was pretty advanced for my age, Hell, this is my photo from Kindegarden !!  :roflmao:

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #865 on: Oct 27, 2011, 05:47 PM »
PM sent.

Ted

surflizard

« Reply #866 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Hey Ted, how did it go out there today ? Any sign ?

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #867 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Never got away.  Hopefully, tomorrow!

surflizard

« Reply #868 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Thats too bad, I tried to get message to you this morning but the box was full. Have you got a lot Big animal sign around ?

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #869 on: Oct 27, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I see Cabelas have the New Z71 in stock, still says 2 weeks on the Nils with shipping direct from the factory

Where did you see that? I just checked thier website and all I saw was the shark 51cc. I'll have to call my local cabelas tomorrow and see what they have to say. If they have the Z71 with a 10" auger for a decent price I think that is what I'm going to go with. I'd rather have the 10" over the 8". I'd love to have the Nils but I believe I'll be just as happy if not happier with the Mo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.