The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363800 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #750 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:33 PM »
Thank you kindly Sir for that Clear and Concise Report generated by The SKTWDVRFBT Ritual
Hiya Hiya Ho, Hiya Hiya Ho, Hiya Hiya Ho, I don't know if it working Gator, but the 2 crows in the Oak tree across the road, just bugged out ! I'll keep working on it !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #751 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:38 PM »
, More of the Same as last year and most likely a little extra thrown on top of us all. So, "Ya'll ain't seen nothin' yet". best be gittin' with it early on, cause it's agonna git covered real bad.   I see hubs collapsing in just a few hours into the days hole-fishing, so plan on keeping those roofs cleared off.

thousands of miles long, dumping their contents on the ice belt and well into Canada. So plan on hitting the ice early.

I see ATV mounted snow-blowers making  paths on many iced over areas.

So, if you will kindly join me now in the "Early Ice Dance", just maybe we can beat the weather at it's own game.

:icefish:

Yr Obsvt Svt,
                                                                                                                                                                      Tom

And last year was a record breaking year for snow and cold in Minnesota.
WELL, YOU'VE DONE IT NOW,STANLEY!!!"  (SURFY)
Ya just HAD to go yammerin' for a forecast, didn't ya??!  :%$#!: :%$#!:

Thank you, Thomas, for your insight and relevant prediction and hard work.
Surfy, you..you...AAAAARRRGGG HHHHH!!!!!! :%$#!: :cookoo:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #752 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:53 PM »

Thank you, Thomas, for your insight and relevant prediction and hard work.

My exit pleading not guilty.   :bow:

surflizard

« Reply #753 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:58 PM »
No worries Brother Gator, I for one applaud your ability to commune with the forces of nature and sharing the experience with us ALL !  :thumbsup:
Wahoo, sounds like another banner year for the Bombardier !!

Looks like the Polaris will be relegated to snow removal again this year, Oh well, it sure beats shoveling it !

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #754 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Hey fellow Mo owners how ya all are? Haven't been here for awhile, glad to see F.O.E.A.O. is still going strong! Was wondering if I could get some info from some of you? I have a old 2hp barracuda auger, now I was just offered a fairly new( used maybe 3 or 4 times) z51 for a heck of a price. My question is.......  do you all think there will a big difference in power? not sure what rpm mine runs at but gear ratio is 30:1, and 49 cc. the Z51 runs at 8000 rpm and has a gear ratio of 25:1 and 51.7 cc. Only reason I'm thinking about it is because last year when drilling in 30 to 38 inches of ice the old barracuda didn't seem to like it, had a hard time with it if you know what I mean? Any info, advise, and or opinions would be great! Thanks all. COME ON ICE!!!!!!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #755 on: Sep 30, 2011, 03:16 AM »
HEY FKK!!!!!!!! HOWYA BEEN??!!!! Long time no hear!!! Howza summer?! Let's get your question outta the way......take the Z51!!!!! More power, better gearing, what else do ya need?! :woot: Won't be a HUGE difference, but I bet enough to beat the old 'cuda. Plus, an updated Viper engine.... :whistle: Up to you, though!!
The first week in December I will be taking care of a stray, mangy old mutt that...oh, heck, Surfy's flyin' in to spend some time with me!!!! We're headin' up to the great St. Paul Winter Ice Show, to see if we can turn them upside down!!! >:D Gonna be meetin' some IS.com folk up there, should be a good time!!! Glad to see ya back!!! We've been trying to get in contact and locate Alta ice, with no luck...no replies to E-mails, PM's, etc. We're a little worried...if anyone knows anything contact myself or Surfy via this thread or PM us.

surflizard

« Reply #756 on: Sep 30, 2011, 05:14 AM »
Welcome back FordKissKrazy, good to hear from ya ! Hope everything is going well for you and yours, The Z51 sounds like a heck of an addition to the stable, I'd jump on it !  :thumbsup: Like Reb said, its gonna be a Media dust up when these 2 MO Maniac' meet up in ole Minnesota on December 2nd ! Ditto on Altaice, been trying to contact all summer ??

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #757 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Welcome back FordKissKrazy, good to hear from ya ! Hope everything is going well for you and yours, The Z51 sounds like a heck of an addition to the stable, I'd jump on it !  :thumbsup: Like Reb said, its gonna be a Media dust up when these 2 MO Maniac' meet up in ole Minnesota on December 2nd ! Ditto on Altaice, been trying to contact all summer ??

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #758 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:05 PM »
I can see the headlines now..."  'Mo Maniacs Cause large ruckus at Ice Show".... ;D

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #759 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Thanks Reb and Surfy, good to be back, never left just didn't know you all would be going all summer. Lol, should of known though. I got a email beginning of spring from alta but never heard back, will try and get in touch with him also. Hope he is doing good. Boy would I love to be up at the show to see you two raising cane! Thanks for your input, didn't think it would be that much more power, thats why I was asking. Not sure I wanna spend the money for a little bit more power or save up and go with the Z71. But I can get this thing for $175.00, thats a heck of a price. will let you all know what I decide. Oh ya, the ol cuda is still running great! start her up at least once a month, just to hear it. Lol. I really need some Ice! Am dieing here

surflizard

« Reply #760 on: Sep 30, 2011, 03:24 PM »
All of us are MO Bro !!  :roflmao:

Offline Woodie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #761 on: Oct 14, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I have a Eskimo 10" Quantum. Can someone send a close up picture of the blades on a Quantum abd how they are suppose to be mounted, as I believe the blades came installed wrong. Nothing could drill slower right our of the box? Does one face up and one face down? Thanks for any help.
"Important Things"

surflizard

« Reply #762 on: Oct 14, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Hi Woodie and welcome to F.O.E.A.O.  It sounds like your right, the blades both go on the same way, Looking at the side profile of the cutter, there is a long point and a short point on the cutting edge the short point side of the bevel is the top and the long point side is the bottom. The short point side or top goes against the bottom of the auger flight. Good luck and let us know how ya make out.

surflizard

« Reply #763 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:10 AM »
Seeing that this is the 4000th post, I figured what better way to use it, then to swing open wide the door of the F.O.E.A.O. Shack and welcome all, both old Salts and new beginners to the Wonderful World of Eskimo ice augers !Please feel free to add any Questions, Tips, Tricks, photos, anything and everything Eskimo to the thread ! At over 15 thousand Hits, I do believe the is a Strong MO Owners here on the shanty and we can help to spread the word about the longest running American auger company on the Planet, that are Still being made in Good Old Cumberland, Wisconsin USA !  :thumbsup:

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #764 on: Oct 15, 2011, 11:11 AM »
I'm going to be buying a new auger from cabelas after christmas. Last christmas I recieved $75 in gift cards from my friends and family and I have also been getting them from my work. I have just under $200 to cabelas so far and I should be getting another $50 this christmas. I am torn between the Nils 8" and the Eskimo Mako 8". I am going to have to throw in some extra cash on top of the gift cards but I could get an eskimo for around $200 or the Nils around $400. Which should I get? Or if there is another Eskimo model I should get feel free to comment. I just don't want plastic handles

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #765 on: Oct 15, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Joe6, I can't tell you anything about the Nils, but there is lots of info on them here on IS. I did have a Mako 8" though and it was a running s.o.b. I wish I wouldn't have sold it, drilled through ice very easy and pretty fast, the deepest I ever drilled through with it was 38", like I said there was faster ones but it never had a problem. Oh and she always started on 2nd or 3rd pull, always. And you didn't have to sit and wait for it to worm up, start her and with in seconds she was ready, and that was even at -15 degrees, after hauling it out in the back of the truck for 2 hours. It don't get real cold out here but thats pretty cold if ya ask me. I would say buy the Mo. Hope this helps.

surflizard

« Reply #766 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Both the Mako and the Barracuda have metal handles, the Nils 8" with power head are $599.00, the cudas were $269.00. Your talking over $300.00 difference that could be used for other ice gear !! Good luck and let us know how ya make out !

P.S. The MOs are still built in Cumberland Wisconsin, have been since 1960 !!  ;)2

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #767 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:53 PM »
The new Z models are supposed to have aluminum handles this year, never heard of any of the Mo plastic  handles breaking but sure some did. I will hopefully let you all know more about the new handles in a few weeks, decided to upgrade to the Z71 ( Tim the tool man here) oh,oh,oh. :o  sure I don't need the power............. Any how, ya this year they will all have some type of metal handles.

surflizard

« Reply #768 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Thanks for the metal handle up date Tim, Oops sorry, fordkisskrazy !  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #769 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Barracuda? I haven't scene that model yet. If I can get a deal I'm going to do it. I got another $25 to cabelas today from work. I should be up around $300 after christmas!! So half a nils or 3/4 of an Eskimo!! haha

surflizard

« Reply #770 on: Oct 15, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Here is the Stingray and the mako. Both have steel handles. the stingrays were $239 last season.
stingray

mako

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #771 on: Oct 15, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Joe6, you will only see the Barracuda used, that's what I have now. Older model, near as I can figure mine is a 2002, Get the Mako man ! you'll be happy as a pig in slop.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #772 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Thanks for the metal handle up date Tim, Oops sorry, fordkisskrazy !  ;)2 :roflmao:

Just went to Eskimo's site and they say they are Aluminum handles.  Now I wonder if they are a direct fit on last years models to get rid of the plastic.
Don

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #773 on: Oct 16, 2011, 05:54 AM »
Going to cabelas tomorrow to see what they got for ice fishing stuff. I'm hoping they have a few models out on the floor. I'd love to have a nils but if I can get the eskimo for $100 (my own money) I will be pumped!! ;D

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #774 on: Oct 16, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Do you guys reccomend the 8" or 10" Mako? 99% of the time I fish for trout around 20" in length. Sometimes white perch.

surflizard

« Reply #775 on: Oct 16, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I got no manners Joe, Welcome to F.O.E.A.O., Glad ya stopped by ! I think the 8 will be plenty for what your fishing for and it will save a little weight for you, good luck with which ever you choose ! MO Action shots are alway deeply appreciated !!  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline joe6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #776 on: Oct 16, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Its ok surf. Were just ice fisherman!! I have narrowed down my selection to either the 8" nils or the 8" mako. Although I want the nils badly, the Eskimo would leave me with a little extra money to get other fishing gear! I'm talking myself into the Mo and I'm not even putting up a good fight!! haha ;D

surflizard

« Reply #777 on: Oct 16, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Smart man Joe, more gear is always Better !  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #778 on: Oct 16, 2011, 01:01 PM »
From the G.P. himself: Get the 'Mo!!!!!! :thumbsup: Oh ya, Welcome Joe!!! Been, shall we say, under the weather a bit, haven't been keeping up with my F.O.E.A.O. duties...bad me!! Good thing Surfy's here!!!   ;D

surflizard

« Reply #779 on: Oct 16, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Oh sheet, hey Joe, keep Reb occupied for a minute would ya, I gotta clean up the mess from the Wingding the other night !  ;)2

Hey Reb, whats going in on buddy, good to see ya !  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.