The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363775 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #720 on: Aug 31, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Somebody has to look out for the Originator of the Seagull Knucklebone Voodoo, Bone Toss Weather Forecasting Ceremony right ??  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #721 on: Aug 31, 2011, 09:13 PM »
Ah, 'tis a good feelin' to be watched over.  Oh, I forgot to mention, purple bag contents relieved possible SNOW in Cut Bank MT  to push August aside. :thumbsup:

surflizard

« Reply #722 on: Sep 01, 2011, 04:21 AM »
Aha, let that be a lesson to all of the SGKVBTWR Naysayers, I realized the Very first that I saw the Ritual, that we were on the Brink of an Exciting and Informative Breakthru in ice fishing Meterology !!  :thumbsup: :flex: :icefish: All Hail the Purple Pouch !!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #723 on: Sep 01, 2011, 02:22 PM »
thanks rott dressed up
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

surflizard

« Reply #724 on: Sep 01, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Nice job JF, Lookin Sharp !!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #725 on: Sep 01, 2011, 04:34 PM »
thanks rott dressed up
(Image removed from quote.)

NP- I Like the yellow, stands out - might re-think mine!

surflizard

« Reply #726 on: Sep 01, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Can you rethink mine too PLEASE ?? Just Shark in yellow !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #727 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:17 AM »
http://youtu.be/B-3Tnx1HSRQ

Hopefully this will help some of our dedicated 'Mo owners, and will save me from getting into the same argument every year, which I refuse to do this year. Torn down and rebuilt way too many engines in my lifetime to even argue about it.
Use NON-OXY!!!!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #728 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Rebs up here its the same, may contain ethonal. I add sea foam to all my gas so I hope that will help keep my carbs clean. I have seen it first hand with my lawn mower a couple years ago, started running like crap and lo and behold a bunch of little black particles in the tank. Rebuilt the carb and thats when I started using sea foam in everything.  I wonder if thats what screwed up my chainsaw.

surflizard

« Reply #729 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Don't forget the Startron Enzime fuel treatment either, You WILL Appreciate it later !! :thumbsup: Gas is not designed to have a shelf life over 90 days, It Will break down !! Now with the Ethanol added to it, untreated gas is to blame for 95 percent of small engine break downs and repair costs !

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #730 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I wonder did Al Gore invent ethanol too.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #731 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:40 AM »
You can bet on it, hog. The smaller/finer the carb, the more important it is. One or two droplets of moisture will fudge that engine. I'm switching from Seafoam to Startron Enzyme, which breaks down the alcohol. Keeping a can of non-oxy around shouldn't be that big a deal. The only thing I run it in, WITH Seafoam, soon to be Startron, is my lawnmower, because I go through it so fast. (Plus, I'm the one that maintains the engine)
That's why I ALWAYS run my engines out of gas and fog the cylinder/lines. You hear people say that "dries out things". Horsepucky. You can never get all the gas out, and on 2 cycles, you're slightly lubricated. (Not to be confused with 3 beers... :wacko:)
There will still be the ones that use ethanol and let it sit in a can for a year, but that's OK...whatever ya want to do. 'Mo owners are smart owners!!!  ;)

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #732 on: Sep 06, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I only mix one gallon at a time and go threw it pretty quickly with the Mo when your drilling anywhere from 50 - 100 holes an outing and do that 4 times a week it dont last that long. I am not into mixing 5 gallons at a time like some people I know. This ethanol is starting to worry me. Got to make sure the son in law doesnt use that crap in our sleds.

surflizard

« Reply #733 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Using Startron will ease those ethanol worries my friend, I'm going on my 2nd season of using the Startron products and it simply blows the rest of the fuel treatment products out of the water !  Check out the home site and read the testimonials !

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #734 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Thanks guys I am gonna look for that stuff up here.

surflizard

« Reply #735 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:45 AM »
It's cheaper then the seafoam and has 0% Alcohol in it !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #736 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:59 AM »
That means I can't use it for a backup cocktail?!  :o Oh no....... ;D

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #737 on: Sep 06, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I was thinking the same thing Reb, stuck out 15 miles on the lake and a blizzard comes up, dam a little coke and a shot of seafoam will keep the blood flowing

surflizard

« Reply #738 on: Sep 06, 2011, 12:43 PM »
If it were Me, I most definately wouldn't Reb old buddy, It will be Twice as bad coming back up, as it was going down !!  :woot: :sick: :pinch: :roflmao:

Hey Gator, have you seen the key to the fuel additive and oil cabinet ?? I think we might wanna lock her back up again before we have another repeat of the Grab it and Growl Fiasco like we did the year before !! :blink: :unsure: :roflmao:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #739 on: Sep 06, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Strain it through a loaf of french bread and it tastes almost as good as Vitalis.  ;D ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

surflizard

« Reply #740 on: Sep 06, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Thanks a lot Dawg, thats all they need, some encouragement !  :woot: :blink: :roflmao:

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #741 on: Sep 06, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I hit the local small-plane airfield and buy ethanol free 88 octane unleaded. I use it in my boat and in my auger.
Like night and day. Boat refuses to idle properly on eth-crap, with ethanol free I can troll at a crawl without so much as a hiccup. Ethanol attracts water as we all know-what a great product to use in a marine enviroment!(yes ,sarcasm) One of the reasons it was outlawed for use in small planes, planes would vapor-lock at altitude, basically the water was freezing that the ethanol attracted and the plane would cease to run! OH NO!
Much more catastrophic than your boat not starting or your auger being difficult to start! My MO is a vintage 1977 and gets only Eth-free go-go juice! I bet ya put identical augers against on another , one with Eth-crap the other low-octane aviation fuel (88 oct Unleaded), the eth-free will out perform the corn powered drill all day long.  Corn is for grain-alcohol and pigs!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #742 on: Sep 06, 2011, 02:59 PM »
 Don't tell the pig that.  :roflmao: :roflmao: And to think they arrest folks that sell moonshine...at least it doesn't attract water, and it works!!!  :o :sick:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #743 on: Sep 06, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Hmm, seems I recall alcohol as bein' hygroscopic.    :whistle:

Keep it capped.

surflizard

« Reply #744 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Well, the first Frost has come and gone, things are lookin up ! Time to Open the F.O.E.A.O. Shack, sweep out the Skunk Scat and replenish the larder and restock the bar ! Kinda curious on how many old salts will show up this season and how many new faces will stop by ? I wonder how many MO owners have gone out and dusted off and fired up their Pride and Joy ?? We all know Prior Planning Prevents P--$ Poor Performance, right ? No excuses guys, Take take the time to make sure your MO is ready to Rock and Roll, Anyone one have any troubles and or questions concerning (what many consider the best auger available ;)2 ) your Mo, should always feel free to ask questions or search thru the extensive information contained here in the posts on this thread, should the need ever arise !

Surf
F.O.E.A.O. S.A.A.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #745 on: Sep 17, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Excellent, advice Mr. S. Lizard!!!! We want to see EVERYONE back this year, and more new folks! I have fired up my 'Mo, as you may all suspect, being the wee bit picky about my eqipment that I am... :whistle: Maybe we could take up a collection and raise enough money to get Surfy a new Brownie camera so he can replace that picture of himself, that looks like he just discovered a large, warm, lump in his pants... :roflmao: :roflmao:
What say, Surfo pup, can ya get LLT to snap a new pic for us? On second thought,  ::)
Hope to see every one!!! Does ANYONE know where ALTA ICE is? No contact all summer... ???
PS...I'ts still colder here than in Lizard land... ;D

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #746 on: Sep 17, 2011, 11:54 AM »
My 'MO is beggin' to see it's first ice and it's already 7 months old.   :woot:
It really likes the taste of pure gas and Amsoil Sabre 2cycle mix.  Yum!

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #747 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:14 PM »
I've started mine up about once a month for 5-10 minutes just to bring back the memories.  Oh how I miss the ice...  But its just around the corner!!!

surflizard

« Reply #748 on: Sep 17, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Jealousy is most unbecoming for a Grand Poohba, I'll bet you wish you had a MIGHTY Shark to get a picture with Huh GP ??   :woot: :roflmao:

If you would be so kind Gator, would you consult with the Force and see it will conspire with us For a Seagull Talon Knuclebone Who Doo Voodo Ritualistic Weather forecasting Bone toss, To give us an Idea of how the next few months will shape up ?  ;)2

Welcome back BRS, Good to see your not one to neglect your MO !  :thumbsup:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #749 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:21 PM »

If you would be so kind Gator, would you consult with the Force and see it will conspire with us For a Seagull Talon Knuclebone Who Doo Voodo Ritualistic Weather forecasting Bone toss, To give us an Idea of how the next few months will shape up ?  ;)2

This morning was the perfect time for that Ritual. The results are promising M.O.S... and just to remove all doubt, More of the Same as last year and most likely a little extra thrown on top of us all. So, investing in stocks of things that aid in the removal of disassembled snowmen may prove to be a profitable venture again this year. From what I make of it, compared to last year "Ya'll ain't seen nothin' yet". When ya see first ice, ya best be gittin' with it early on, cause it's agonna git covered real bad. So, PHD will, once again take on that other meaning. I see hubs collapsing in just a few hours into the days hole-fishing, so plan on keeping those roofs cleared off.

La Nada has moved out and La Nina has returned  off the coast of south America, and the jet stream will soon split and move north of the subtropical convergence zone with the ensuing moisture trains being 300 to 500 miles wide and thousands of miles long, dumping their contents on the ice belt and well into Canada. So plan on hitting the ice early.

I see ATV mounted snow-blowers making  paths on many iced over areas.

So, if you will kindly join me now in the "Early Ice Dance", just maybe we can beat the weather at it's own game.

:icefish:

Yr Obsvt Svt,
                                                                                                                                                                      Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.