The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363805 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #630 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Hi Steve, welcome to the thread. Check the trans case to see if all the bolts are tight.

Offline stevep71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #631 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Thanks Surf. I will do that in the morning. In the meantime, should I be worried about a few drops? I dont know how much it holds. More importantly, those bolts should be tight from the factory I assume, correct?

Stephen

surflizard

« Reply #632 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:05 AM »
they should be tight of course, as fast as they're putting them out, one could of been missed. I hope not, but it is possible. Here is the Tech service number for Ardisam 800-345-6007, I called them more than a few times to get info on my old  model 8600 Shark, the service techs are on the ball and even had schematics and parts for my auger, even tho it is obsolete. Good luck and let us know how you make out .

Offline stevep71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #633 on: Mar 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
SurfLizard,

Thank You very much for the suggestion. I called and spoke to "Kim" in customer service who, by the way, sounded like she could break down and rebuild these things blindfolded and drunk!

In a nutshell, the issue was not the Transmission / Transmission case, etc...

It turned out to be excess oil from the Air filter. They oil the air filter and the inside of the housing so it traps more particles. She said sometimes they get a bit over-zelous and dont 'wring' them out properly after soaking them. Sure enough, when I took off the cover like she said, there it was where it had pooled up and dripped.

Just for good measure she wrote a note that the auger was unused and she extended the warranty period for a year starting today! Fantastic Customer service! Thanks again Surf.

Stephen

surflizard

« Reply #634 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:46 PM »
That's good to hear Stephen, The warranty extention is awesome ! The service techs impress me every time I call to ask questions about my old Shark !! By the way, sorry to hear about the jiffy trouble, the amount of people having trouble with them has really risen since they stopped using the Tecumseh motors. There are alot of guys having trouble with the new jiffy pro 4 propane augers too, the fuel lines are splitting and leaking. Its too bad really, they used to make good augers !

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #635 on: Mar 26, 2011, 07:37 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=194142.new#new

Fellow Eskimo brethren, I have a brand new, 10 inch, that hasn't completed a single hole.   We tried all day yesterday, cleaned the plug several times, was using fresh 50:1 fuel mix.  Starts, but keeps bogging out.  Won't even run out of the hole.

It has compression, spark, and fuel, but the longer it runs the slower it gets.  It behaves as if the crankcase is loading up with fuel for some reason.  Good thing we had another auger along.

Checked to make sure the choke was not on.  I'm sure it must be something simple, as it is brand new.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time on this,
Ted

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #636 on: Mar 27, 2011, 06:54 AM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=194142.new#new

Fellow Eskimo brethren, I have a brand new, 10 inch, that hasn't completed a single hole.   We tried all day yesterday, cleaned the plug several times, was using fresh 50:1 fuel mix.  Starts, but keeps bogging out.  Won't even run out of the hole.

It has compression, spark, and fuel, but the longer it runs the slower it gets.  It behaves as if the crankcase is loading up with fuel for some reason.  Good thing we had another auger along.

Checked to make sure the choke was not on.  I'm sure it must be something simple, as it is brand new.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time on this,
Ted

Hopefully RebellSS may chime in or Surflizard. Did you "break the machine" in ? Post # 592 is the method I used and my machine has been running great. The clutch still slips a little as suspected but is getting better.

surflizard

« Reply #637 on: Mar 27, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Howdy Yukoner, Welcome to the thread. Soundes like it was starving for fuel, like the main jet was stuck ? Here is the tech service number for Eskimo, The service people there are really on the ball and have always been very friendly and very helpful when ever I've had to track down anything for my old MO rebuild. Phone: 800-345-6007 Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Surf

surflizard

« Reply #638 on: Apr 05, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Finally, after 2 1/2 months of Frantic and often Fretfull Searching, I was at last Rewarded in my search and located a Full pallet of Porkrinds at Wally World !! Mmm, Crunch, Crunch, Mmm, Crunch, Crunch Mmm !! Normally I will not have anything to do with the Wal-mart Corporation, But I was Desperate ! Crunch, Crunch, Mmm, Crunch, Crunch, Mmm ! I was able to purchase a Case of Porkrinds, 20 Individual bags for under $23 Bucks !
Yippee Ya Frikken Whooie, PorkRinds, All is right in my world !!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #639 on: Apr 05, 2011, 12:36 PM »

WOW ! There is still life on IceShanty as evidenced by Surf, who is in hog heaven.

Soooo, lets see now,... that's less than a weeks supply ~ unless he shows a little culinary discipline, but that's no fun.

Munch 'em up Surf.

Tom   :woot:

surflizard

« Reply #640 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:33 PM »
There is Way too much Tomfoolery to be committed here during the off season Buddy ! I stick around here all year long, most everyone heads over to the my fishfinder site and the mostly unsupervised Chicanery begins ! Example : One of my long time remodel customers mentioned that his grandson needs some deck repairs done and he just happens to to work night at Wal-mart stocking shelves ! ;)2  I could give him one heck of a deal on his deck repair if he were to lets say, get some inside Logistic's concerning Pending Porkrind Delivery schedules ! >:D :whistle: Psst, Keep this under your Cap Gator, if this sensitive information were to fall into the wrong hands, a World Wide Catastrophic Event could occur ! :woot:
                                                                                                      Surf

He He He He There is a Porkrind Heaven !!

surflizard

« Reply #641 on: Jun 03, 2011, 06:44 AM »
Just a quick note to the F.O.E.A.O. Fratenity, I hope everyones summer season is going well ! I fired up Big Bertha yesterday just to here her voice
just because I can !  :roflmao: If the Lord is willing and the river don't rise, we should be hitting the Hardwater in 25 weeks or 174 days !  :icefish:

Missing Ya'll !
                                                                                                 Surf

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #642 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Add one month for us here.....recharged the Showdown last night....hope to get out fishing soon if the rain, heat, and tornados stop.. :%$#!:
Hope everyone's summer is better than this!!  Say Surfy, why don't you mount Big Bertha on your tricycle there...then you could pedal out and lower it by hydraulics... :roflmao:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #643 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Great picture, Surf, but you could use a new hat!   ;D

Ted

surflizard

« Reply #644 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I'm trying to get a photo with the new hat, but the photographer is out running the roads !  :'( ;D

Hey Ted, you'll have hardwater again in less then 4 months right ?? Some people have all the luck !  ;D

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #645 on: Jun 03, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Actually, it will be seven months before the ice will be safe enough to go on.  That's because the lakes are so deep, it takes a long time for the water to freeze.

surflizard

« Reply #646 on: Jun 03, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Oh well you have the ice longer on the back end, so I guess its a fair trade off ! Do you target the Burbot in the summer at all ? If we have cool spring like the one we have this year, they stay in shallow and spawn longer !

surflizard

« Reply #647 on: Jul 30, 2011, 05:48 AM »
Time to kick the sleeping Giant my friends, I hope everyone has enjoyed this Frikken Nasty scorcher of a summer, Just kiddin ! How's about a roll call Gents, One Mo owner, Present and accounted for !!  :thumbsup:

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #648 on: Jul 30, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Roger that.  Started mine up last Saturday, and let the powerhead run in a plastic dairy case for ten minutes. :D

Ted

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #649 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:05 AM »
MO-owner (vintage 1977) Got work to do in the garage today-will fire up the beast to turn the neighbors heads and bring back fond memorys! Thing is so loud , I say " Time to wake up sum people !" everytime I fire it up. Ahh, gutta luv it! How does one join the fraternity anywayz?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #650 on: Jul 30, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Ah ha, admitting ownership of a vintage MO takes care of the qualifying prerequisite. I move we allow the DasRottweiler into our ranky ranks. Now we just need approval from the Founding Chiefs, Rebelss And Surflizard. Then, on to the grizzly initiation procedures.

;D

Tom

surflizard

« Reply #651 on: Jul 30, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I also recommend inducting DasRottweiler into the Fraturnal Order of Eskimo Auger Owners= F.O.E.A.O. All in Favor ? Aye !! The Grand Poohba should be right along, Unless he is tied up at Wanton Wanda's, Oops, I meant tied up "with" Wanton Wanda !  :woot: :roflmao:

Psst, Hey Tom, we weren't suppose to mention the Gristly Initiation part till after, okay ?  :unsure: ;)2  :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #652 on: Jul 30, 2011, 01:32 PM »
OK, OK, 'kwitcher yappin...the Almighty, albeit slightly disheveled, Poobah has arrived. First order:  "Tied up with Wanda!?" Really now, let's show a little respect...ropes?! I prefer my S & W duty 'cuffs that I  *OOPS* DELETE   :woot:
Let's bring the meeting to order...all present and accounted for...HERE....allow DasRott into our beloved ranks...Grand Poobah votes "Yea", all in favor, "aye"...motion granted. Welcome, Das!!!!  :clap:
We'll reaffirm Surfy as General Captain and general  buffon of WHOOPS!! I mean instigator, er, initiator of important and nefarious subjects, and notwithstanding, if I remember correctly, in charge of all media/photo networking.
My ""Member Discount Deal" fell through with Eskimo/Ardisam, I'm sorry to say, due to one subject at the company as being, shall we say, "Not interested", in the vein of using hair-curling language. However, if anything is needed for your 'Mo, contact
"Eva" at Ardisam @ 1 800 345 6007, ext 146. She'll help ya out..mention us and this site...she knows...Been sizzlin', poaching, steaming, and cooking in this %$#@da$#@ed summer in Minnysoda. I AM looking at moving outta here, too much rain, (water in rec Room 4 times since Spring) big flood last fall, in the 100's with record dewpoints of Yes, this is right, 84 friggin' degrees. Anywho, this winter, if I'm still here, hope it's NOT like last one...'course, we all suffered through THAT.
Checked some of my gear the other day after I got done mopping up the water in the rec room...need a few new plastic carpet "rivets" in the shack that hold down the indoor/outdoor carpeting. Gave the 'Mo a pull or two...sprayed a little more fogging oil into it while I lovingly held his strong steel handle and stroked...oh, never mind... :whistle:
Never too early to get that gear ready...let's get some more 'Mo owners on here, and have the strongest thread on the site!!! :flex: Let's see everyone back from last year....guys, where are you???? Time to get going!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to see ya all soon!!!! Keep cool!!! I hear a large glass of iced tea calling me.... ;D

Your Humble Grand Poobah,

Reb

surflizard

« Reply #653 on: Jul 30, 2011, 01:44 PM »
Excuse me your Exautedness, Sorry to bother you, I just was wondering if you remembered to bring the keys with you this time ? Just trying to help you avoid the same Fiasco that happened last time ! We most definitely would not want a repeat Performance of that Magnitude again Huh ?  Better safe then sorry right ?  :thumbsup: :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #654 on: Jul 30, 2011, 01:59 PM »

The keys?? oh crap...ya, they're on Wanda's  ****NEVER MIND. I've got them right here... :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #655 on: Jul 30, 2011, 02:04 PM »
You are frikken Killing me Brother Reb !!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #656 on: Jul 30, 2011, 02:37 PM »
It's just my wonderful, naturally fuzzy nature to do so..... ;D Say, 'Bro, did you ever come up with that "emblem" that was to portray the "Mo site and ethics? I realize that ethics to you mean don't goose an old lady when she bends over...wait 'til she stands up. However, we must aspire to hold ALL of our members in high and ethical esteem...'tis the nature of our incompetent, ah, I mean incongruous organization.
I was so busy trying to swing a deal with, shall we loosely say  my "favorite" person at a certain company instead of calling him a lop-eared, money grubbing, ultra-maroon and letting one of our esteemed members see unethical behavior, that I forgot all about our great "Seal". (Not to be confused with the fat one we kept hidden in the snowbank out back) Thought LLT was maybe going to come up with something?
Art is not my gig...I still feel the sting of being sent to the Principal's office in 3rd grade after my first period art class. My interpretation of Little Red Riding Hood was met with gasps and what, I thought, was swooning from seeing such perfect art form, and what I later learned, was an everyday dead faint. Having  to write on the blackboard 500 times that my titled Red Riding Hood picture "Red Hot does the Wolf Bad" was not appropriate caused my small childs wrist to become weak and shaky, cramping up often thereafter.
Let us know if you can toss something together. (NOT a double-shot of Old Rotgut and tonic)

surflizard

« Reply #657 on: Jul 30, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Um Okiee Dokiee Boss, I'll get right on it, Yup, Yup, Gonna do it George !!

Hows that your Exaultedness ?? Pretty quick aye !  ;D If anyone wants a copy of the emblen for their signature box, just let me know and I'll set ya right up !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #658 on: Jul 30, 2011, 08:41 PM »
All members jump on into...the Brotherhood!!!  :woot:

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #659 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:11 PM »
All over it , like a fat kid on a cupcake!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.