The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363799 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #600 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Yup. Holes are drilled bigger than the bolt. PS...If ya spray the blades with PAM, water wont't stick to 'em. Just rev it when you pull it up out of the hole, and it will fling the water off, then lay it down. DON'T leave it standing upright in a hole, and DON'T push down on it while drilling.....let it take itself down.
That'll be ten bucks for the info, please.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #601 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Phew. Thanks.

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #602 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Thank for the Pam trick Rebelss!  :tipup:
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #603 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Why, you be very welcome, my man!!! I be here to help!!!  :thumbsup:
Our venerable old pork rind eatin', Old Squaw drinkin' , fuzzy-faced woodsman, Mr. Surfy, has himself in a giant pickle trying to dig himself out of FEET of snow he's been getting whacked with out there in the never regions.  :o  Let's give him a holler and a "Hey!" to help him dig outta that mess..... ;)2

surflizard

« Reply #604 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:54 PM »
There is a lttle play in the connection, as long as the bolt is tight, your good to go ! Small Tip for ya, bringing a extra spark pug and a wrench can really save your day out there ! Good luck and tight lines !

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #605 on: Mar 04, 2011, 06:59 AM »
There is a lttle play in the connection, as long as the bolt is tight, your good to go ! Small Tip for ya, bringing a extra spark pug and a wrench can really save your day out there ! Good luck and tight lines !
sage advice to be followed up with, if you're fouling your plugs, take a look at your mix..... (gas and air/fuel)

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #606 on: Mar 04, 2011, 10:17 AM »
An over-rich mix of synthetic oil which doesn't burn off as readily as petroleum, will hang around and foul a spark plug. Easily remedied by fogging with Amsoil Power Foam with the engine warmed up to operating temperature and sprayed into the air intake with the air filter removed and used ONLY in an outdoor area totally free of debris/dust. 1/4 to 1/3 of can in a small 2 cycle really frees the carbon/gunk dissolving it to be blown away when you fire up the next day. The longer it sits and soaks ~ the better and more complete the cleaning will be.

The only problem I've found in the last 30 years is proving to the engine owner that NO DAMAGE will result, as this product is also a lubricant. 

Tom

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #607 on: Mar 04, 2011, 03:54 PM »
I've been initiated. The fishing was slow but the drilling was not!!  ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #608 on: Mar 04, 2011, 04:09 PM »
YEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!   :thumbsup: Rips 'er up good, don't it?  ;D

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #609 on: Mar 04, 2011, 04:21 PM »
YEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!   :thumbsup: Rips 'er up good, don't it?  ;D

Its amazing, very powerful, no problems with it. Thanks for all that sage advice.

surflizard

« Reply #610 on: Mar 04, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Awesome Photos Indie and a Sebago Laker to boot, Thanks for sharing !!  :thumbsup:

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #611 on: Mar 05, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Bought my Mako at Farm & Fleet for $250!!!! Brand new still in the box. I always wanted a power auger but thought they were to heavy to lug around. Well I will always have this auger with me. We drilled sixty holes on Tuesday and it never missed a beat! Flew through the ice with power to spare. It makes moving to a different spot a breeze. Oh by the way I have a Lazer hand auger for sale! LOL!!!
  be safe and tight lines!
  Matt

surflizard

« Reply #612 on: Mar 06, 2011, 05:37 AM »
Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O. Thread Matt, glad to have another happy new MO owner on Board !! There is a lot of information here that is helpful for both the old Salts and  the new guys. Please feel free to ask questions and post any action shots of you and your new MO auger, tearing it up ! Good Luck out there and stay safe !

surflizard

« Reply #613 on: Mar 13, 2011, 08:09 AM »
The Ice is fading fast and as I brace myself for dog days of soft water, I would like to give a shout out to All of the people who have helped to make the F.O.E.A.O. Thread one of the Most Visited Ice Auger sites here on the Ice Shanty, 9853 Views !! OUTSTANDING JOB GUYS !!  :thumbsup: I knew there had to be a few people who thought that Eskimo ice augers didn't get the credit they deserved, considering they were one of the first ice auger companies to make augers available to ice fisherman ! I had No Idea that this thread would become the Juggernaut that it has !! And last, but Certainly not least, the F.O.E.A.O. Cadre that has infused this thread with all the Tech, Tips, Tricks and Humor that separates this thread from all Others, Rebel, AltaIce, Steven Girard !! Thanks for all the help, You guys RULE !!  :clap: :thumbsup: I raise my bag of Pork rinds in Salute to you all !!

Surf

P.S. I was recently given a Model # 8400 8" Eskimo that is either an older Barracuda or Mako, It is in pretty rough shape ! I will be restoring it back to its former Glory this summer during the off season. I will awaken this slumbering Giant occasionally with pictures and rebuild progress !

Offline GaryF

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #614 on: Mar 15, 2011, 07:34 PM »
So I am a new mako owner, amazing drill. Starts first pull after I figured out what it liked. My question is, during the thrid weekend out with it a pile of black grease came out of the main bearing between the auger and top shaft. Is this normal or has something popped? The drill keeps on running and drilling fine and no wierd noises. Just want to make sure this is a normal thing or if I should be looking at regreasing the gear case. TIA!!
Wanna go? Drop me a line!!

surflizard

« Reply #615 on: Mar 16, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Welcome Gary, Glad to have another new MO Owner/Operator on board ! They do a great job of taking care of warranty issues ! A similar grease lube leak was mentioned a few months ago and I posted the tech service number for Ardisam so the owner could talk with the live service tech to remedy the problem. The Eskimo service number is 800-345-6007 It is a real pleasure talking to the service techs, they are on the ball and do whatever it takes to get you up and drilling again ! Give them a call and let us know how you make out.

Surf

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #616 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:03 AM »
I'm not ready to pack it in. Here are the results for my second trip with the Eskimo. No problem drilling 30 holes that day. Trying for one last time up North.

surflizard

« Reply #617 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:14 AM »
Way to get it done Indie, Nice batch of Brookies !  :thumbsup:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #618 on: Mar 16, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Nice catch, Indie!!! I'll echo what Surfy said....when the thread was started, I never thought we would see the response we did... :o Thanks to all of you who had any input or just dropped by to say "Hi"...it made this site great!! It's been a great season, but I guess I HAVE to pack it in now...49 degrees yesterday, 55 today, and just waiting for the floods to start here in SE Minnesota.  :%$#!: :pinch: Does NOT look good......
Gary, congrats on your purchase...what you have is not considered "normal", unless your gearcase was overfilled at the factory and you blew the main housing gasket. Everyone, Here is the Eskimo # to call: 1-800-345-6007, Ext 146, for "Eva",. A great lady to work with. Tell her you're off this site...she's aware of us. Everyone, have a good season, and hope you all have tight lines all Summer, and hopefully I'll still be around to see you next season....

Reb  :)

surflizard

« Reply #619 on: Mar 16, 2011, 09:57 AM »
Must be nice Reb, 49,55 degrees ? Mud seasons in full swing here and today its 26 and Snowing to beat the band, Yippee !  :%$#!:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #620 on: Mar 16, 2011, 10:26 AM »
We haven't started the mud thing yet...but it's 'sposed to rain the rest of the week, so I 'spose our 5' snow piles will be giant ice floes in mud.... :%$#!:  Sorta like ice cubes in chocolate milk.  :woot:

surflizard

« Reply #621 on: Mar 16, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Weather morons said Less than an inch ! Snow is 5 inches deep already and still coming down hard ?? With the mud, it's impossible to snowblow or shovel !  :%$#!:  Hey Reb, how about them Eskimo augers, they're really something Huh ?  :wacko: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #622 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Hey Reb, how about them Eskimo augers, they're really something Huh ?  :wacko: :roflmao:

Ya, right. Sure. Whatever. Mmm hmm. Yup.  Well, I see you've been into the Old Squaw Longnecks again..... :woot:  Er, there's pork-rind crumbs all over your face... :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #623 on: Mar 16, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Pork Rind Benders help to ease the end of the ice season duldrums !  :unsure: :roflmao:

Offline iceman_phil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #624 on: Mar 17, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Well, I just ordered a new Eskimo Z51 Shark with an 8" auger.... ;D

Problem is, I won't be able to use it until next year..... :'(

Quick question....How fast does it cut?  The engine is supposed to turn at 8 grand, but what about the auger bit?  My buddy has an ice gator with a nils auger, so I was wondering how the Z51 will compare?

Phil

surflizard

« Reply #625 on: Mar 18, 2011, 06:12 AM »
Congrats Phil, they say good things come to those who wait ! I'm not sure what the RPMs at the bit are on the MOs are, the Gators w/ the nils bits are pretty quick ! Hopefully your buddy won't have any of the break down issues that are popping up on the ice gator site pretty regularly now, fried switches and blown gear boxes, a lot of gator owners are saying that the customer service is really poor ! I'm not bashing them, this info is just what I read on the Gator shanty ! I do know one thing, Eskimo augers have been around for over Fifty years now and that speaks for its self !

Offline Crappieb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #626 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:42 AM »
I have owned one for six years, bought it at FISH 307, works excellent, since then I bought the earth auger to go with the power head and use it occasionally for fence posts etc. Great equipment. Did buy a 6" NILS for hole hopping this year - Also Great.

surflizard

« Reply #627 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O. Thread Crappieb, You have to love an auger that can be used year round !  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #628 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:06 PM »
Transmission case!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline stevep71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #629 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Sorry for the Naive question but shouldnt that be sealed??  Is it defective?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.