The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363767 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #570 on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:31 AM »
We really have our hands full now here in NH. Last Saturday we had 3" to 4" of rain on top of the 22" to 28 " of snow on the Lakes here and its hovering around 30 degrees ! I have gone into light weight stealth mode,  only minimum equipment that I can carry on my back ! Hand auger[ sorry Bertha] One jig rod and one tip up and HT chair. Tough walk out, 14" to 16" of slush, the more you move around the worse it gets ! I have resorted to building and packing down a snow/slush pile to set the Portable chair on to keep out of the water. Lots of Entertainment though, people are still trying to drive wheelers, sleds and vehicles on the ice  ??? We even had one Jamoak try to land his piper cub plane on the lake, I always thought that why people put skis on the wheels to land on snow, Not this clever individual, he tried it with wheels !  :woot: :pinch: He walked away from it, but the plane didn't, he did fold the prop and one of the wheel struts. The wrecker company did the rest, dragging it off the lake ! The fishing was real slow, but the floor show was Absolutely Fantastic !!  :thumbsup: :clap: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #571 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for the B-day wishes...a year older, more achey, but not any wiser...it was a fun weekend. Fishing was slow, but the 15 monsters we caught are just too big to be able to fit into this frame size... :whistle: The ice was an incredible measured 26" thick...thought my "Mo was gonna go all the way down to the engine!!!  :o Ripped through that stuff like nuthin', though!!! Was kinda long trip, 3 1/2 hours, but good to FINALLY get out!!! ;D Was nice and serene...maybe 15 other people on this huge lake, and no "Idjits on Ice" show, either. Surfo my man, sounds like you're having the "Minnesota Mess" out there....now we're back in the deep freeze..-15 last night, -6 right now.  :%$#!:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #572 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:30 PM »
This weekend is our Annual State Wide Rotary Ice fishing Derby, They sold 10,000 tickets last year ! There are sights out there that can shake the strongest of nerves, Just Imagine hearing a rumbling sound while your out on the ice and when you look out the window, your jaw drops, It's a Frikken School bus driving across the lake, or a Flatbed wrecker carrying 3 bob houses ! :woot: Guys from all over the East coast, Midwest and Canada show up, $64.000 purse with cash and Prizes brings em out of the wood work ! It's a Full Blown, Anything Goes Free for All !! I'll try to capture some of the Mayhem and post it after this weekends over !! Have a Geat weekend everyone and stay safe
                                                                                                                                                                    Surf

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #573 on: Feb 14, 2011, 05:55 PM »
This weekend is our Annual State Wide Rotary Ice fishing Derby, They sold 10,000 tickets last year ! There are sights out there that can shake the strongest of nerves, Just Imagine hearing a rumbling sound while your out on the ice and when you look out the window, your jaw drops, It's a Frikken School bus driving across the lake, or a Flatbed wrecker carrying 3 bob houses ! :woot: Guys from all over the East coast, Midwest and Canada show up, $64.000 purse with cash and Prizes brings em out of the wood work ! It's a Full Blown, Anything Goes Free for All !! I'll try to capture some of the Mayhem and post it after this weekends over !! Have a Geat weekend everyone and stay safe
                                                                                                                                                                    Surf

Hey all...  Thanks Surf, we look forward to the pics.. Sounds like a blast and also a lot of Folks on the Ice!
   Would hate to be a fish in that lake on that day.

Hey Reb!!.. A belated B-Day congrats .  Glad to hear you got a chance to get out.. I understand that cabin fever thingy.

Good to see everyone.. hope everyone has been good. Or at least trying.... LOL ... Never!

Lots of views .. keep it going everyone..

AltaIce
   @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

surflizard

« Reply #574 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:13 AM »
Madness, Chaos and Mayhem, Oh ya, we got it !  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #575 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Cool! Very nice Fishing party!  :thumbsup:

I started today a big Clean-up/Tune-up on my TC-300, because got little troubles  to make it run stable idle/fast, sometime simply just cut-off or dont want to take air to go fast...Anyway, i'm on it, first(since last time,  that i remooved the hose/filter from the bottom of the gas tank to clean it..it's start to loosing some gas by the hole/hose connection) so i just replace it and add kind of silicone before replace it(gonna see if that work)Got many particles in the tank, so i clean it(i did check that last time) Also the hose was really dirty inside(sticky oil deposit) Not evident to try to clean...but , Finally i founded an utility for those kind of cheap nylon ropes(often sold for camping) it was the perfect size to do a fast cleaning...

It enter easily and fast inside(just have to turn counter side the twist of the  rope)

and just moove foward ans back a couple times and it's done!

Also clean-up filter assembly...Gonna se tomorrow if it's run good!  :angel

I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #576 on: Feb 18, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Good post!!! You're puttin' in a lot of work on that old devil..I like that!!! keep us updated!!!!  ;D

Offline Clam Sr.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #577 on: Feb 22, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Made the F.O.E.A.O yesterday afternoon. Ordered a 8" Z71 from Glensoutdoors.com. Should be in by the beginning of next week. I know my buddies and I will be saying "should have done this sooner." once we get it out on the ice. I feel like a kid at Christmas. :woot:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #578 on: Feb 22, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O. , Clam Sr.!!!! Better late than never!!  You're gonna love that 'Mo!!!!! The Z's really rip...great machines!!!! let us know how the first holes went!!!!!!  ;D

Reb

surflizard

« Reply #579 on: Feb 22, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Congrats on the new MO and welcome aboard Clam Sr, Glad to have ya ! I'm hearing nothing but High Praise from guys with the new Z series augers !

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #580 on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I'm in as I'm now the owner of a new MO.
Just "looking" through the fishing department at Cabela's, I noticed all the ice fishing items were gone and only summer things were on display. I thought it must be some sorta gag or joke and all I could mutter was what..what..where is...hey ...why isn't... just then a salesman approached and upon noticing my IceShanty cap,(won it here in a guessing what jig Scott was thinking of last fall, again thanks Scott for all your foresight in making this possible), but I digress, the salesman said "oh there is a little ice stuff in the bargain cave". But, I've had this George Carlin syndrome for years, in that I need to build a new barn for more "stuff", but, well, I thought maybe I'd best go have a quick look. As I approached from three isles away, straight to the cave, I could see RED and immediately felt a drooling sensation with increased salivation which is probably normal as my poor arms and shoulders have seen seventy two winters and drooling goes with the territory and there is a bit of panting after a few hand auger holes. So, for $215 including the tax a new MAKO Q8 took the first of many rides in my truck.

I won't pardon my being overly verbose, as I followed this thread since it's inception and will end this by saying EXCUSE ME!(Insert Steve Martin tone here). I now will go get some pork rinds.

More "stuff" to follow, in keeping with all good F.O.E.A.O.

Tom   

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #581 on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Yes, you are , 'gator!!!! What's the story behind your 'Mo and you? We want to know!!!! ;D

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #582 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Reb and all you followers/owners, just be prepared, as I have more tricks up, not just my sleeve, but, well, nevermind that, as it's all in fun. But on the other hand this is serious stuff.

That was a trick to be on the top of a page and now contains the rest of the story, well, at least some of it anyway.
    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #583 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Welcome to F.O.E.A.O. Idahogator, Glad to have another MO Owner on board ! Tricks, Tips and Funny antidotes are alway welcomed here at the F.O.E.A.O. Funhouse !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #584 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Tom, I think ya need to be IMMEDIATLY instilled as a true F.O.E.A.O. member!!! A George Carlin fan!!! (RIP)
"So why do they have mailboxes in FRONT of the Post Office?! You're already there!!!  :clap: :clap:
You drool and pant!!! (Surfy does that every day trying to get that last pork rind under the couch..)
$215.00 for a Mako?!  :o YOW!!!! Seventy two winters?! I can't handle 55!! I think we vote to make yoy senior member with priveleges...all in favor, say aye!!!!! :thumbsup: I, as elected Grand Poobah of this nefarious site, do give a hearty aye!!! Our VP of Tomfoolerie, the nefarious Mr. S. Lizard, how do you vote?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #585 on: Feb 22, 2011, 09:13 PM »
Let me say, right now, thanx for the consideration and that I plan on doing what I can to honor the mayhem.
I'm foolish enough to say I may be hanging on to a feeble sense of humor by a thread that may be weakened by not supporting nor consuming the various products of the main supporters of network TV, read pharmaceutical company's.  

I love my MO.

Tom

surflizard

« Reply #586 on: Feb 23, 2011, 06:02 AM »
As per Grand Poohba Directive #OU812, Paragraph 3.  Engagement of Subliminal MO OWNER Mind Control Deviation Deployment Commenced Immediately Upon Initial entry to Said F.O.E.A.O. Forum ! Thanks to this Fiendishly Clever Covert Installment of said Program, Mr Idahogator was Immediately Ensconced into the Fraternal Order of Eskimo Auger Owners ! Legalspeak Gobbledygook Translation : He was Screwed as just as soon as he clicked on his little clicky thing !! No vote is required ! Welcome to the Mayhem Tom, Your Doomed !!  >:D :roflmao:

Got any Pork rinds ?

As the Venerable Late Great Mr George Carlin once said : If I could Lick my b_lls Like my Dog does, I'd never leave the house !!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Surf

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #587 on: Feb 24, 2011, 04:53 AM »
Hey Everyone !!

How is it going?  I am back! ... I thinks .. anyways for now... only time will tell if this computer can hold on. ... LOL ...

Looks like I have many posts to read Eh?  Looks like I just missed George Carlin and Mr. Steve Martin. ( dang it anyways
I am always to slow.

Hello and a F.O.E.A.O. Handshake to Mr Idahogator. (( Ok ... Ok ... also maybe with a ablated effort of a dance ( Jig ) upon this frozen Ice)  

I'll keep this short.. got to fly.. I 'll try to read what I have missed again later.  

You all keep warm, Dry and Safe. ... and  ... and  ... OH Ya.. try to get out and enjoy the ICE!!

Hey !! Surf and Reb ?? .... Can I put my arm down now?? I was ready to vote Eh!

AltaIce

@)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #588 on: Feb 24, 2011, 12:15 PM »
Hey Alta!!! Where ya been?!  ??? Thought maybe you were running a load of Porcine Patty's Porkrinds out to the backwoods of NH.... :whistle: Read the PM I sent ya about a certain E-mail change.....been doing any fishing?
Surfy, take it easy on the advanced literary definitions...LLT will have to lay a cold trout on your forehead to diminish the ache brought about from increased vascular corpuscle enrichment to a semi-vacant area, resulting in spasmodic constrictures of the medullary synapse.  AKA a KNOBACHE!!   :pinch: (I DO know she's WHAPPED ya upside the head with a cold one before...)  :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #589 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:20 PM »
I hear ya there Reb, She got me right between the lookers last weekend when we were sight fishin for Perch !!  I can't find any fault with her hook sets thats for sure !  " Oh My God Honey, Look at all the Perch, they're Everywhere, WHAP !  :pinch: :roflmao: No more Perch fishin without the Hockey Helmet !!  ;D

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #590 on: Mar 03, 2011, 01:30 PM »
I'm now a proud Eskimo Mako owner!! First power auger ever.

I was thinking of running synthetic 2 stroke as some says its better (ie Amsoil etc) ? Although many people seem to use whatever is available--cheap stuff.

Do you have to break it in with regular oil? Is the synthetic worth it?

surflizard

« Reply #591 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O. Thread Indie, Glad to have ya aboard, Congrats on the new MO ! If we can get ahold of the Merry Prankster, Rebel, he has a great Breakin method thats easy to follow and will keep your MO purring like a scaulded Cat for a long time ! He probably down to Wanderin Wanda's tryin to get into some kind of Mischief as we speak ! >:D  Live Mo action shots are invited and Much Appreciated !  :thumbsup:

P.S. I run the Amsoil in my Shark and Love it !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #592 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:27 PM »
*PUFF*PANT* OK OK!!!! I'm here!!! My pager goes off and tells me to get over to the site ASAP!!! Knocked my milk and cookies everywhere!!!!  ;D
Welcome to the great 'Mo site, Indie!!!! Home of comraderie, tips, and general foolishness!!!! Glad to see ya got a 'Mo!!!! OK, here's my break in procedure (In a nutshell...mechanic since the 70's, used to race 2 stroke bikes, blah, blah.. )
First, and most important, is STAY WITH THE RECOMMENDED 50:1 RATIO!!!!!!! You can use whatever oil ya wish, but use  a GOOD one, (Amsoil is fine) and break it in with the Viper oil or GOOD conventional air-cooled 2 stroke first.
Synthetic is usually not recommended for the break in period, (by Eskimo) but fine after. Also advice directly from myself and my friends at Eskimo: Use non-oxy gas, a bit of Seafoam, and the proper mix for the 1st tank. Start auger, let it idle for about 10-15 minutes, shut down, let cool. (Your shaft will turn slowly until the clutch gets broken it...this takes a while) Restart, and slowly rev it up to about half throttle, let it return to idle. Do this for about 5 minutes. Shut down and let cool off a couple of minutes. Repeat this procedure,  taking it slowly up to WOT. Do this for about 5 minutes. Now you should be good to go!
I say to stay with the 50:1 ratio, as it is there for a reason. There is nothing to be gained by going to a 75:1 or 100:1 ratio. If your engine is tuned right, it WON'T smoke, it WON'T bog, it will run right. If you've ever torn down one of these augers, and unfortunately, the cylinders are NOT built like they used to be, you'd see the scuffing/scoring on the jug walls from the lean mixture being run. Also, if you don't use non-oxy gas, the amount of alcohol raises combustion temps, and with the leaner mix.....you'll see the problem a couple years down the road.
Good drillin'!!!! :thumbsup:

Reb

OK, Surfy, I'm going back to my Nilla wafers and milk now..... ;D

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #593 on: Mar 03, 2011, 03:21 PM »
Thank you, awesome tips!!

Don't think I can get non-oxy gas in Maine. Should I then use the highest Octane gas I can get?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #594 on: Mar 03, 2011, 03:49 PM »
It's up to you...Google "Non-oxy" gas sites...there'll be one near you. Most places have just one small pump for it, and it is more...but worth it. No alcohol or other crud in it. Octane really doesn't matter; actually, the lower octane has more BTU's per unit than a high octane, but....I usually use a high mid-grade or premium. Old school, I guess. But make SURE you use something like Seafoam, there is now a new product called Startron, made by the Starbrite boat products people, that is getting some great reviews from mechanics and engine builders.
I used to use Stabil, but the mechanic talk is that it leaves a thin, gloppy slime through your fuel system, which I have noticed on occassion. There's so much degradation of rubber and plastic parts from all this alcohol, that you have to have something to break it down and "Neutralize" it. (best way I know how to put it..) Just my opinions, here. Good article in last month's Popular Mechanics on this entire in-depth subject.
Good luck and good runnin'!!  :)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #595 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Indie, you might find "Pure-Gas" in Vermont or New Hampshire if you're closer to one or the other. Check out this link for listings. New finds are being added often. Good luck and welcome to the MO better fraternity.

Tom

http://pure-gas.org/

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #596 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Thanks! Gonna check that out. For now I got all the other additives. Gonna fire it up tonight and tomorrow I'll be swiss cheesing my way across Sebago Lake, Maine.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #597 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Have a good time and you MUST let us know what ya thought of the Mako!!!! Pics would be great!!!
(Of most of us anyway.. :whistle: :roflmao:)

Oh ya, Indie, one other thing.....prime it, THEN flip it to choke. So many people tell me "It's leaking gas!!"
That's 'cause they didn't do the above... @)

surflizard

« Reply #598 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Those New Mako's Really look Wicked Sharp in a photo with a Big Sebago Laker hanging off the Handle !  :whistle: Good luck out there Indie !!

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #599 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Since I am a freshman here and never have been an owner...while installing the bolt for the auger head to the shaft there is a slight bit of play, is that normal?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.