The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363764 times)

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #480 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Actually The Rinds and Pigs feet are not to different taste wise.. It's just that Pigs feet take to much work compared to the rinds. Gotta Love the Herring !  Wine or cream sauce Yum!  Pickled  Deer heart and Eggs YUM!  The best part is carrying that "JAR" around with the mystery meat inside. Love it!!   Us Hole hoppers need every calorie to survive the cold lol

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #481 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:25 PM »
We need to go on a fishing trip... ;D   *BURP*
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #482 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Yes we do(sip) All I need is an ethanol powered plane !@!!!!! LOL  :o

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #483 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:40 PM »
I think Surfy's working on one right now..... :whistle:

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #484 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:43 PM »
My wife wanted to go out but the auger had a better date in mind.. Pickled rinds and flash frozen Perch ! 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #485 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Perch sculpture!!! Better get them in a pan fast...they look chilled!!! ::)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #486 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Right on, Krazy K

Your "Mo" will love Ya for ever... if you keep given ' her the best eats.
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

surflizard

« Reply #487 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Thats what Dreams are made of right there Krazy, Way to go !! My Dad and my Grandfather would have Duels over who made the best Pickled Eggs and Pigs feet ! I'm pretty sure Gramps won, He spilled some of the juice on the table dishing them out one night and the Varnish on the Table bubbled up and it turned the oak in that spot a dark green color !!  :woot: :pinch: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #488 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Right on, Krazy K

Your "Mo" will love Ya for ever... if you keep given ' her the best eats.

Look on the jar..the name "Delores"...song by Paul Simon, "Slip slidin' Away":  " and Delores, I live in fear, my love for you is so overpowering I'm afraid that I will disappear"...NOW we know his auger's REAL name!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Rockin' Reb...Encyclopedia of Rock'n Roll lyrics, your most informative source on F.O.E.A.O.   :woot:

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #489 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Bubbled paint.... Brings back memories of my child hood with My Grandpa's Arkansas friend who would bring back moonshine.  A jar, some real preposterous stories then the absurd !  It always included some sorta strange food. Good times!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #490 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Bubbled paint....  who would bring back moonshine. 

Oh oh...you said the "M" word...you've now unleashed the Surflizard!!! :o (His first girl friend at 12 years old was named "Moonshine"...) ;D

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #491 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Was she from Arkansas?  ;D hehe

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #492 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Not to change the subject but I have an eskimo auger story. I have an eskimo shark of the year 2000 vintage that has the emak engine on it. That thing has never let me down and tonight it made me proud. I have not started it since the end of ice season last year and I did not even pull end of season maintenance on it. Well I got it out tonight added some gas to the gas that was in the tank and she fired up on the 2nd pull and ran like a champ. even idled with no problem. I love my eskimo!!
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #493 on: Jan 28, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Me too!!! I think they're the best bang for your buck, Gambler!! Thanks for the input on those "Turbo" blades...NEVER have seen those in Minnesota...what shawn has are Quantums...don't know where he's confused... ??? But he got ME confused...and I've been workin' on these since the 70's!!!! ;D
I really can't understand why everyone touts the Strikemaster and some others as the "Best"...sure, they're good augers, and so are the older Jiffy's...those workhorses can't be beat, but don't know why the Eskimo's are never considered.  I always look at everything as "whatever works for ya"....I won't bash anyone's choice.
They're really all basically the same...some just a little better than others... :whistle:
Thanks for the story!!!  :)

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #494 on: Jan 28, 2011, 10:22 PM »
I really can't understand why everyone touts the Strikemaster and some others as the "Best"...sure, they're good augers, and so are the older Jiffy's...those workhorses can't be beat, but don't know why the Eskimo's are never considered.  I always look at everything as "whatever works for ya"....I won't bash anyone's choice.

My Grandpa has an old Jiffy.... it looks like it's been thrown off a cliff then run over. It still starts and runs like a champ. No maintenance! NO nuttin !  It does however take a professional lifter to move the thing lol.  Off course I am talking about an American made product  ::)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #495 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:42 AM »
I've yet to see an old, battle scarred Jiffy that isn't still perkin' along. OOPs, I better watch out...I'll be under an "Eskimo Attack"....  Can't start a debate here....  ;D

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #496 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:46 AM »
I've yet to see an old, battle scarred Jiffy that isn't still perkin' along. OOPs, I better watch out...I'll be under an "Eskimo Attack"....  Can't start a deabte here....  Grin

I am invoking the F.O.E.A.O. clause " NO Auger that is 40+ years of age and of non foreign make shall be excluded from Eskimo attack debate"  errr  or something like that!  :laugh:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #497 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:51 AM »
I just had a weak moment... :-[   I LOVE MY 'MO!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

surflizard

« Reply #498 on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:48 AM »
I am currently in the dog house and Big Bertha won't talk to me ! :'(  Because of the Really Dangerous double layer of snow ice and slush under it here in NH, I'm traveling with Minimal weight out there ! I do love Bertha, but I don't want to go swimming with her ! People are breaking thru the ice all over the state, most are ASSuming that because they see us out there fishing, that the ice is safe ! Scores of sleds, atv and vehicles have gone thru and 3 people have paid the Ultimate Price with Their Lives !! These Morons Don't Realize that We are obligated to try and help them when they go thru and they put Our Lives in Jeopardy because of their Stupidity !!  :%$#!: I Apologize for the Rant folks, I just don't want to lose any of you because some dumb azz does something Really Stupid !! Good luck out there and Please Stay Safe !!
                                                                                                                                                             Surf

P.S. I did discover one neat trick yesterday though, If they come up to me and ask me how the ice is, I stomp down hard with one foot and break thru the snow ice to the Slush layer, they can't seem to get away from me fast enough !!  :woot: "STR" Stomp, Drop and Roar !! :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #499 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Just had a nice,new Ford F-150 go under on Lake Pepin last night...guy was able to get out in time.  :o
Driving out on the flowing Mississippi??! (Lake Pepin is the widest spot in the Mississippi River at Lake City, Mn.)
And you live along the RIVER IN MINNESOTA???!!!!! DUHHH.....Where the H**L are people's heads at??! ???

Offline fish56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #500 on: Jan 30, 2011, 05:31 PM »
WOW! This topic is only 5 months old and is now 25 pages long, impressive!
I'm considering one of those expensive Nils power augers, but would have a hard time selling my "find" from a couple years ago, an 8" Eskimo with a Tecumseh TC II engine. I got it for $30 at an estate sale and it ran when I got it home! Just installed a new fuel diaphram last year. I haven't tried any of the new oil/gas mixes I see people here post about, just running it still at 24:1, although it is a synthetic oil made by Ryobi.
Stay safe out there.
Bill

surflizard

« Reply #501 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Thanks for dropping by fish56, glad to have ya ! Those Nils are a Nice lightweight and Powerful unit, But like you said, kinda Pricey I saw that the replacement Blades are up to 96 bucks ! That's a lot of Pork Rinds in my Opinion !!  :roflmao:

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #502 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Just signing in as a member of the F.O.E.A.O. My little Stingray is one year old. Couldn't be happier.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

surflizard

« Reply #503 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:57 PM »
The More The Merrier MJ, Glad to have ya ! If anyone has any questions or feedback on the wonderul world of MO Ownership, By all means feel free to give a shout out ! MO action shots are always welcomed Whole Heartedly also !

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #504 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Sure TC II are great machine Fish56, they're almost the same of TC III

http://www.cpdonline.com/694782.pdf
in that manual they say .030 for the plug gap, but some places for CJ6Y spark plug they say .035!!!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #505 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:08 PM »
action shots are always welcomed Whole Heartedly also !

With the exception of our very own cantankerous, off the wall Surflizard packing his cheeks with pork rinds like an out of control chipmunk!!!  :woot:

Good to hear from ya fish 56 and mj!!! What's the "mj" for..."Mo jammin"?  :roflmao: :roflmao: LOTS of 'ray owners on here...that's what mine is...6 years old, and still tearin' up the ice!!!! What a good, solid little ripper!!!! Send us some pics of those 'Mo's!!!!
Speaking of pics, didja smash any togue's, Surfy? My rescheduled northern expedition is this comin coming Saturday with the crew...hope to have some water wolves or perch porpoises to post.... :icefish:

Offline fish56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #506 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, Surflizard!
Yep, those Nils are lightweight, but this Eskimo I've got isn't too bad. I weighed it on a bathroom scale. With a full tank of gas, it was 27 lbs., so a Nils 8" would save me about 5 lbs.. I wonder how much of that weight difference comes from the auger bit itself? Maybe I could swap out the bit with an adapter to fit the Tecumseh and save a couple lbs.?

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #507 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:10 PM »
How many HP it is Fish56 ? 1.6
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #508 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Just signing in as a member of the F.O.E.A.O. My little Stingray is one year old. Couldn't be happier.
Hi " mjmeyer "

Welcome to F.O.E.A.O. Good to hear your " MO " is treating you right and your happy with her.
You will enjoy this thread, as it shows that the folks in here have a great and humorous sense of being. Alone with the care and knowledge of Ice fishing as well as Ice Augers.

I am truly a newbie to 2 stroke engines, let alone power ice augers. The folks in here have given me great advise from the very beginning and continue to impress me with there up most respect and tradition of being teachers of this wonderful sport we call Ice Fishing.

Besides the odd person in here that may be seen on the Ice wearing blue tights along with a red cape running towards there hole in the ice that was made with there favorite MO.

All I can give to you for advise is the fact that::  First don't ever be afraid when you do see that caped crusader leaping for your rod.. as the odds, say that he will get caught up in his cape and fall to the ice , well before he gets to the hole.

Second... always.... I do say old chap mjmeyer, that you always have at least one free hand available to cover that bag of Pork Rinds as you hold them against your body as you attempt to hang on to them as ... as.... Surf has no problem in trying to take them from you.. The best way to protect yourself from this ever happening.... is to play it safe... always bring a extra bag or two of Pork Rinds with you... So when you see Surf starting to circle your Ice Camp... just throw him a bag or two .... as it will calm him down, with a huge smile on his face.

Have a great day, be Safe and once again welcome to F.O.E.A.O. .

AltaIce
     @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #509 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Just bought a 43cc Viper for a backup for the Tec 2 hp. Gonna run it on a 6" for panfish searching. Can't wait to run it tomorrow!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.