The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363778 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #330 on: Jan 09, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Hey Reb ,Its awefully good to see ya back buddy !! I'm really glad to hear your feeling better and managed to shake the Sniffles ! Just kidding Reb, I could tell from the gravelly sound coming out of the phone that you were hurtin Brother !! We have a member of F.O.E.A.O. holding 1st place in the Lake Trout Division and he's headed over to see how his Perch stack up now !  :flex: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #331 on: Jan 09, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Way to go!!!! :clap: :clap:  :clap:  Three cheers for the Troutmaster and Perch Leader!!!!! You go get some more, and I'm gonna head out and get some hoagie buns and lettuce for the perch submarine sammichs !!!! :woot: :icefish:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ancman31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #332 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Hey guys, Just wanted to chime in on a great thread! I have owned my MO (Z43 Shark) for 5 seasons. The only thing I have ever had to do was add gas and oil. It has started on the 3rd pull or better every time. Previously I had owned a Jiffy 3hp 10" which I liked really well. Apart from having to haul it around in the back of a dump truck, it was great. Second season with it and it was very sketchy on starting. made for some very short days. 3rd season, forget about it. I sold it to a buddy and got a smokin deal on this MO. I am an Eskimo guy for life now. This thing drills holes like going through butter and at least half as heavy. Cant say much about SM, but my buddy ended up buying a new one and has had to have it serviced several times in 2 years. Dont want to add to the Ford-Chevy debate, but there is a reason you guys started this thread :) I have really enjoyed reading and will post often now.

PS I used to live up in your neck of the woods surflizard but now Im a little closer to rebelss :)
Keep your stick on the ice...Im pullin for yah

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #333 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Hey everyone, say hello, and a big welcome to ancman31!!!! You sound like you were made for this site!!!! Glad ya found us!!!! We love our 'Mo's here...and to be honest, I think most of us have owned something else at one time or another.
Like we tell all new folk, we just got tired of the "brand bashing"...that's why this site was started. Lots of good augers out there, but we prefer 'Mo's! To each his own... ;) Lots of good info here, tech tips, etc, from people who have worked on 'em, owned em, and run 'em. If you really get bored, you can start at the beginning of our threads and read all of our posts...and you'll see what we're all about!  :o
So what's your location...don't see it in your profile...wait a minute...IOWA??!! HEE HEE   :woot: Surfy, put down that perch rod, pork rinds, and that longneck and welcome our newest member, you old curmudgeon! Now that I'm back from the dead, it's time to get things movin' here!!!!  :flex: Didja get that Perchzilla after we talked this afternoon?!

surflizard

« Reply #334 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:36 PM »
YUP, Rebs back !!  :clap: :roflmao: Welcome ancman31, Glad to have ya drop by and chat ! Ya, we manage to have quite a lot of fun here on the funny farm, Oops I meant forum !  :roflmao: The Perch entry board is packed with 14 inch Perch now, The Mods will have to sort it all out !  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline ancman31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #335 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Thanx guys! I am originally from Maine and finding the fishing here in Iowa somewhat challenging. Crappie arent like trout lol. I actually did read all of the posts from the beginning before I posted. Asylum would be a good word. I am very pleased this thread is open to all brand users, we can all learn a lot from each other. I am a pretty seasoned angler and would be more than happy to share what Ive learned/improvised with anybody.

Surfy you will have to do me a favor and keep me posted on whats happening back "home" lol

Anc

surflizard

« Reply #336 on: Jan 10, 2011, 04:40 AM »
Me, Myself and I would like to thank you for the kind words, We Think ??  :woot:  :roflmao: It is truly an Outstand group of folks here, the combination of Experience, Knowledge and Comic relief available here In my opinion, makes this thread one of the most Informative and Entertaining Threads on the Shanty !

Offline ancman31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #337 on: Jan 11, 2011, 02:22 AM »
Went out this weekend, with a couple newbies, my stepson and his friend. We all had a great time and I now have 2 new fishin buddies. I am posting here because they were pretty impressed with my MO. Of course I let them drill a couple of their own holes. The highpoint of my day was watching them fall on their butts because they underestimated the torque of my mighty MO. LMAO. I LOVE MY ESKIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!

surflizard

« Reply #338 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:21 AM »
Ahh, the rite of Passage for a young newby, Ya gotta hang on to em tight, if ya don't, you won't enjoy the results !!   :pinch: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #339 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Ahh, the rite of Passage for a young newby, Ya gotta hang on to em tight, if ya don't, you won't enjoy the results !!   :pinch: :roflmao:

You mean your auger?  :whistle:

Offline Blue83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #340 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Just broke down today and bought a sting ray!

Offline ancman31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #341 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:28 AM »
Just broke down today and bought a sting ray!

Thats not breaking down, thats steppin up! :D

surflizard

« Reply #342 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:24 AM »
Way to go Blue 83, when ya get her out there and start punchin holes, grab an action shot for us would ya ?

You mean your auger?  :whistle:
Thats the problem Bro, Ya gotta leave it alone, it will grow !  :whistle:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #343 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Way to go, Blue 83!!! You're gonna love it!!!! I do mine! Hey everyone!!! I'd like to see everyone read the post on our Auger site here "Required Reading...Alcohol Awareness". PM has the best article yet on this stuff they try to pass off as today's gas. Go pick up a copy, borrow one, copy one, it'll be worth it...might even save your auger!!!!

And no, Surfy,you can relax now...the "Alcohol Awareness" does NOT reference your "Old Squaw" Longnecks.... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just for the record, there WAS an Old Squaw beer available in Minnesota during that killer winter of '83...wasn't there, Surfy? :flex:

surflizard

« Reply #344 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:15 PM »
I'm here to tell ya Reb, Them Trees Exploding sure got my attention !! :woot:  Ya, It didn't get much better than Old Squaw ! 24 Ice Cold Long Necked Beauties for $3.99 a Case !!  :woot: :thumbsup: The really Strange Part was that it was a dam fine beer too !!  :thumbsup: I think it was made in Minneapolis/St Paul too !

I spent a bunch of time reading up on Startron, the enzyme based marine fuel treatment. The wrenches at the marina were telling me about it, It is specifically designed to neutralize the ethanol in marine gas ! It doesn't have alcohol in it like most of the dry gases and stabilizers do, from what I can tell, the enzyme's are attracted to a chemical in the ethanol and actually breaks the eth down and consume it with out reducing the octane in the gas ?? According to the info at Startron, it is safe and recommended for all types of Gas fueled, internal combustion engines, both air and liquid cooled !! One of the mechanics has been running it in all of his motors, truck, car, snomachine, tractor, lawn mower and his chainsaw, he swears by it ! I'm gonna give a dose to the Jiffy and see what she does !!

Ya, 20" on the ground and still comin down ! :'( :%$#!:

The Polaris is workin for Her supper tonight !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #345 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Yup...heard about the Startron...'sposed to be good stuff!!! Think I'll mix a capful in my beer and see if it does anything for the gas..  :sick: :roflmao:

Hope you don't end up like us here or in SD "Dawg" country, where you can't even get out on the ice because of the snow. I think this is ALREADY gonna be one of those winters to remember..how's everyone else with the weather? Let's hear/see some reports/pics!!!  :)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #346 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I'm gettin ready to change my handle to Ice Nutz and for good reason.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #347 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Can I be snow balls?  :roflmao:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #348 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Yup. Who wants to be no ballz?

surflizard

« Reply #349 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:26 PM »
I'll take Froze balls !! How goes the battle Ice dawg ?

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #350 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:38 PM »
I'll take Froze balls !! How goes the battle Ice dawg ?
It would be going better if the snow wasn't so deep and my buddy Clawed Ballz and I could get on the ice. I understand you are getting some of the white stuff over in your area.  ;) ;D

surflizard

« Reply #351 on: Jan 12, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Ya it started last night, theres 26" on the ground now and It ain't stopped yet ! Our big lakes were just starting to get safe enough to fish and unless she starts blowin hard, our season might be over before it starts ! :(

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #352 on: Jan 12, 2011, 05:55 PM »
Maybe we could all get together and do the Hokey-Pokey..... ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #353 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Maybe we could all get together and do the Hokey-Pokey..... ;D
Hokey dokey.  ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #354 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:48 PM »
I'm just afraid we'll find out that it's NOT what it's all about.... :woot:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #355 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Ya it started last night, theres 26" on the ground now and It ain't stopped yet ! Our big lakes were just starting to get safe enough to fish and unless she starts blowin hard, our season might be over before it starts ! :(
There is 44" of snow on the ground fifty miles east of where I live and that area is where I like to fish. Guys are getting stuck on the ice with 4x4 trucks that are chained up on all four wheels. Snowmobiles are about the only thing getting around on the ice. I have been on the ice once this year with my popup and it looks like this will be the second year in a row that my wheelhouse hasn't left the driveway. :'(

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #356 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:13 PM »
We have 46'' down here all ready....a new record... :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #357 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I think it is supposed to snow here tomorrow and Friday and you will probably get it next.  :woot:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #358 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:26 PM »
I hope Tawny runs off with your bottle of  Wild Turkey.  ;D

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #359 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Alright Reb just sent me a PM and told me I wasn't meeting my quota for posting here.  Such a demanding organization.  He threatened to cancel my membership and melt down my MO.   :roflmao: ;)
I want to let everyone know that I have been reading but I'm so worked up for the derby that we are hitting this weekend that I haven't been able to put a clear thought together so that I could post something witty.  
Sorry to hear that everyone is getting buried in ice rotting snow.  The wind just started blowing here and we are supposed to get some tonight, but not as much as you guys.
Sorry Reb I will never let it happen again.  Once I get thru this weekend my head will be straight again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.