The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363780 times)

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #300 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Alta - I'm definitely NOT offended by anything in that (unbelievably wordy) post of yours  ;D  99.9% of what I write is tongue in cheek, here to have fun type-o-stuff, so no worries there!  Hope I didn't come across as anything else!

Oh - is stalking illegal?  Crap.  I need a new hobby....

I'm seeing all this auger naming going on - my SM does not have a name (although I called her a few 3 weeks ago when I got my left hand somehow wrapped up into the connector between the auger flight and the powerhead - torn tendons and heavily sprained thumb - stupid).  Anyways - she's an old girl, and tired, but she still gets the job done pretty well.  Maybe somebody here has a suggestion for me? 

Thanks for the compliment (again) on the Glide-Lite mod - I'm still working on the cupholder....

surflizard

« Reply #301 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:11 PM »
 Ya BOOBSS, Sometimes he can get a little Rambunctious, but without that old Reprobate Reb, this F.O.E.A.O. Thread wouldn't have got rolling like it has, Besides with him at the helm of this ship of fools," All Hail the Grand Poohba " !!  :bow: :bow: :bow: >:D  it frees me up for more Nefarious activities such as kifing Pork Rinds to feed to My little Friend, Louie the Laker !   :woot:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #302 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Welcome BOOBSS!! These guys are all good people, odd but good. LOL. Just joken guys!
  Well here is the old Barracuda in action! she did great, we got 11 lil bows and lost just as many. fun day.
 Sorry the pictures are so big don't know how to re size em. Oh ya Surflizard, couple pictures just for you.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pork rinds ::)

surflizard

« Reply #303 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:23 PM »
MMMM, BAKEN ETS TOO !! Your the man fordkisskrazy !!  Awesome Photos too, thanks for sharing them with us !

Here's a couple more photo's of Lenny the Laker that I wrastled with this weekend !  :roflmao:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #304 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Nice!! some day I'm gonna tie into 1 of them. Some day.....

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #305 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Very nice surflizard....again, that the proof that jigs are often do the job!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #306 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:19 AM »
Awesome Pictures you guys. Thank you for posting.

Just one thing though... At my age have I come to that pass roads in my life where I don't know if I am more Jealous of the Beautiful Trout that Mr. Lizard caught or the fact that fordkisskrazy can get Pork Rinds that we don't ( can't) get up this way. ... LOL ...   Ahhhhh...  tough decision. In my perfect world I would like to be munching on those Rinds while I am reeling in any kind of fish that size.. Also with the company of Good friends at my side.

Tough choice .. I'll need both.
     @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #307 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Shoot, I'd give ya whole shoppen cart of rinds to tie in to a fish that big!! Biggest fish I've ever cought on the ice was only 18" 2lbs. nice bow but sure would like to find a big ol laker.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #308 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Sure made my 21" rainbow look like a pup.... >:(
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #309 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:55 PM »
Sure made my 21" rainbow look like a pup.... >:(
 LOL. Rebelss, you think your 21" looks like a pup? Check these out..... your 21" makes mine look like a minnow. Look close and you can see it.

another one a little bigger

and yes I am ashamed to post these.
 Oh hey, aren't we sopposed to get some news from you today?

surflizard

« Reply #310 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I'm sorry Reb, I will never ever do that again, My bad Buddy !! :whistle: ;)2  Look on the bright side Reb, a F.O.E.A.O. Forum Member is in First Place in the Laker division in the 2011 Ice Shanty National Tournament !  :thumbsup:

Offline WEMS4350

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #311 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Hi guys, Just got a Z71 for christmas and I was wondering if a strikemaster extension will fit it.  the only reason I ask is they are half of the price of the Eskimo products.  24.99 vs 49.99 for an 18inch ???

surflizard

« Reply #312 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:21 PM »
The size of the fish doesn't really matter, it's getting the chance to do it that matters the most to me ! I'll admit it, the big ones are special, but even the little ones keep us coming back for more !!  :thumbsup: Two seasons of hard fishing earned me this Monster !  :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #313 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:24 PM »
fordkisskrazy: Oohhh! Nice speckled chub!!!!  ;D Just kiddin', buddy!  Yes, I was just going to post the news......been a little out of action lately, not feelin' too good since last week (Boy, is that an understatement) but gettin' back on track today. You CAN'T hold a Rebel down!!!! :flex:
Here it is straight: I've been in negotiations with Ardisam, Inc, (Eskimo) for the last month, to give ALL Eskimo owners on the Is.com site a straight 10% across the board discount on all parts, service, and new products. After veiwing the site, the posts, and my information I provided with stats to them, PR/ Sales said they liked what they saw. On two instances, they were supposed to call me and let me know their opinion. The person I was working with has not called me; I've called him back three times. After being told today he wasn't available, I left a message for him that I took his lack of action as a negative response, appreciated his interest, and I'll find someone who WILL work with us. I don't accept excuses from anyone, and I don't p**s around.  I'll try to find someone to take care of us. Surfy, I also hit him with the lack of response to your E-mail's when I talked to him last week.
Remember, this is the PR/Sales department, guys...you can get great service from Eva at their parts/service number, 1-800-345-6007, ext 149, or ask for Eva. She said she'll take care of us...and she will. They still have a great product. Tell them who you are, and that you're from the F.O.E.A.O. We had a long talk last week; she's a great lady.
So, guess that's it, guys (and gals)...I did the best I could. I'm already working on a metro area service center to give us a discount...Rebel doesn't EVER quit!!!!  :nono:
I'm gonna drag this battered body back to the "Rumpus Room", crack a cold one, and listen to "Born to be Wild"... >:D

Rebel

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #314 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Hi guys, Just got a Z71 for christmas and I was wondering if a strikemaster extension will fit it.  the only reason I ask is they are half of the price of the Eskimo products.  24.99 vs 49.99 for an 18inch ???

Hey!!! Welcome!!!   :) The SM should bolt right up to the Shark....BUT...some have not, due to some SM differences....Call Eva at the number on my earlier post and tell her what you just said in your post...I'm sure they'll meet the price for you. (or I'LL talk to her!!!)

Rebel

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #315 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Wow! thats way cool that you would try n get something going like that for all of us, wish I could do something to thank you. Oh and as far as that chub comment........why I ought ta

surflizard

« Reply #316 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:45 PM »
That right there folks is why He is the Grand Poohba of the F.O.E.A.O. Forum, Outstanding work Reb !!  :thumbsup: :clap:  :bow:  :bow:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #317 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Hey " REB "     ( Handshake)

Brother Thank you very much for trying. Hey Ya never know till you try right. I believe you
when you say it is not over. We all appreciate your help. Thank you also for getting us in touch with Eva that is great also. And also the help  from Surf.

(( Just wondering though... did ever offer the Eskimo rep an Pork rinds or any Tang?))

Kidding aside.. Once again, thank you very much.
   AltaIce
       @)

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #318 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for giving it a try Reb.  That would have been cool. 

Just wanted to let you guys know how much I like my MO.  Bought it used an 8900.  Don't know how old it is.  Had it out a couple times this year.  The last time it had been sitting in the back of the pickup for a couple weeks.  When I took it out Sat. it had been below zero for a couple days.  It was under the cover in the pickup.  Fired up second pull.  I love this thing.

surflizard

« Reply #319 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:28 AM »
Hey Adam, sounds like a great running old MO ! Big Bertha is a 8600, built in the mid 80s from what little info I could find. Eva at Ardisam couldn't find me a manual, but she was able to find a exploded drawing for me and the new gas tank is in route as we speak !  :thumbsup: :clap: Is yours similar looking ?

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #320 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Exactly the same.  Except for the muffler.  I am really pleased with it.  I bought it in MN, I'm in Montana, off Craigslist.  The guy dropped it off at my father-in-law's place.  I don't think he ever did anything with it.  The shroud on the top had never been off and the spark plug still had red paint on it.  I put a carb kit in it about a month ago and so far I couldn't be happier.  I was looking for an older auger that I could work on, but everyone in MT wanted $300 for their used one.  So far on this one I'm into it for less than $200.

surflizard

« Reply #321 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:23 PM »
That a good Score Adam, Same red paint on the plug here too ! Mine sat with old gas in it for 5 years before I scored it in a work trade. I cleaned the fuel system and Put a carb kit it and got her running like a Scaulded Cat ! Two weeks ago the night before my fishin mission I went out to check the fuel and fire her up. I have the Factory wall hanger bracket on the garage wall and I spotted Fuel on the floor !  :woot: :%$#!: The old gas had weakened the tank where the fuel line comes in and I had to put Bertha on the injured reserve list !  :'( I should have the new tank, filter and fuel line soon. I miss her Something Fierce !!  ;D

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #322 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Hey guys just wondering how many HP is the Shark 71?  just wondering!  Thanks!
//.\\//.\\ark

surflizard

« Reply #323 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:15 AM »
Roughly broke down, about 5 HP ! Not Too Shabby for a Small Hand Held 2 Stroke Motor !! :thumbsup: Now if a slightly more Twisted Individual were to lets say, Balance and blue print, Port and Polish and add a Custom Tuned Exhaust, mount a Blower and give that Motor a taste of Nitro to drink, I'd probably have to say it just might be a little More than a Handfull to operate, I,"Oops",They would definately want to have a Bomb Blast Suit Handy !!  :pinch: :roflmao:

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #324 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Well I just looked up and I have 99 posts so I figured I would post my 100th here.

Just need to vent we have a really fun derby coming up next weekend and I'm going nuts waiting for it.  This is my first big trip of the year hunting or fishing, so I'm really keyed up for it.  I've been out in the garage every night this week messing with my gear.  I'm a kid at Christmas. 

surflizard

« Reply #325 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:34 PM »
I know how you feel buddy, Our annual NH Northern Outing is the 14th and 15th, Roughly 9 Days 23 Hours 48 Minites 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, Never mind, you get the picture ! Really hopeing that Bertha's new Tank shows up in time for me to take her up north with me ! I really miss her Throaty Roar !

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #326 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:11 PM »
well, im a noob when it comes with engines. i just notice in the manual for my eskimo stingray that i need to turn the screw on the gas cap counterclockwise every time i run it. well i havent  ::) :P. what is the purpose of this?  can the engine become damage if i dont it? sorry if this is a dumb question..

surflizard

« Reply #327 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum MrJ5625, When it comes to ice fishing, there is no such thing as dumb question ! That screw on the gas cap is a air vent, it allows air into the tank, which in turn, allows fuel into the fuel line to the carburetor. When it is closed according to theory, it prevents too much gas from flooding into the carberator by creating a vapor lock. As far as damaging the engine, not really, but I have seen recoil ropes get broken when the bleeder screw were not opened, The guys were yanking on the ropes so hard, trying to start them ! It can make for a really Short day on the ice !  :'(
                                                                                 Surf

On a Sad side note, We have an ongoing recovery effort underway here in NH. 3 Ice fisherman fell thru the ice yesterday on Lake Nubinusit, 2 were rescued, the 3rd is presumed drowned ! I realize how bad we want to get out there to fish, myself included, But Please take the time to check the ice youself, Don't rely on someone elses guess !! No fish is worth your Life ! God Bless and Stay safe !

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #328 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:04 PM »
On a Sad side note, We have an ongoing recovery effort underway here in NH. 3 Ice fisherman fell thru the ice yesterday on Lake Nubinusit, 2 were rescued, the 3rd is presumed drowned ! I realize how bad we want to get out there to fish, myself included, But Please take the time to check the ice youself, Don't rely on someone elses guess !! No fish is worth your Life ! God Bless and Stay safe !
                                                          Surf   :'(
...................... ...................... ...................... ...................... .........

Thank you for letting us know Surf. Hard news to tell us folks. We appreciate it. Our thoughts go out to them and their families.
Makes me think... as of last week it was the first time I had ever driven onto the ICE.
   As I drove up to the lake I remember someone saying.... Sure we can drive on the Ice... just look at all those other people and their vehicles on the ice. It went against my grain and I kinda felt like Monkey see monkey do... but on the same note.. It was great now having to drag the sled that far. s we left i remember thinking and saying... " I think i'll always drive on the ice... this beats loading up everything else".

Thanks again Surf for letting us now. It brings it all into prospective eh?

Wishing the best of Ice fishing to everyone out there, Please remain in the game and do it in a Safe and in a thoughtful way.

AltaIce
      :'(

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #329 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:42 PM »
So....How's everyone doing? Been totally outta action for about 8 days with with snoot-o-rhea of the upper blowhole. Thought I was gonna die...between the poundin',boomin' head, ears,  and ache-like-I-just got-in-a-bar-fight, I don't know what was worse...I haven't had crud like this in years, then on New Year's Eve day....*POOF*  :%$#!:
Ya, OK, Surfy, I toughed it out.....   :thumbsup: (He was calling and sending me E-mails telling me I was a "Little girly boy" with the "sniffles")
Never did hear back from my "friend" at Eskimo, but Eva sent me a hat and a "thanks for the business"...clearly a difference between Managment and service. (As there usually is) Looking to get out MAYBE in the next week or two....ice is getting thicker under all that snow....anyone havin' any luck? Looks like it's been kinda quiet here...
Let's get out there and get some fish!!!

Rapidly Recovering Reb   :flex:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.