The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363764 times)

Offline xsists

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #210 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:05 PM »
I just joined the club today :)

I picked up a Eskimo Stingray 8 inch.  It was on sale for $238.  I really wanted the Shark in the 10 inch but couldn't pass up the savings of the Stingray.  Sure its not as big or as powerful but it should still cut ice.  Plus, with the money I saved (about $150) I can now pick up a Quickfish shelter :)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #211 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Hey Gang.
Hope you all had a nice holiday and I wish you all the best of the New Year.

I got a chance to get out yesterday. Some pice of how I can haul my "Mo" when I don't bring my Ice Tent.
I also got a chance to use my new Ice Fishing  " Rod Gloves". Check out there site guys!! They help protect my rods and I no longer have my rods getting all tangled up when I throw them in the back of the vehicle. Take a look at em!
http://www.therodglove.com/Ice_Fishing.php   http://www.therodglove.com/Ice_Fishing.php  

Take Care everyone, Be Safe
AltaIce    8) .
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

surflizard

« Reply #212 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Welcome xsists, Glad to have ya aboard ! Any Mo action photos are warmly welcomed !  ;D

Hi Alta, I hope you and yours had a great Holiday ! Its way too funny around here, the weather Morons have been screeching all day about the Blizzard of 2010 ! OMG WE'RE DOOMED !!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

P.S. She's lookin real sharp Alta, How's she handle ?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #213 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Ya jumped on me again, Surfy!!!! I was just posting and *POOF*.. ??? Oh well, great minds think alike, eh?  ;D
Welcome, welcome, xsists!!! You'll love this brotherhood AND that Stingray!!! I love mine! And a Wisconsin man to boot!!!!!
AltaIce..Holy Crap!!! You better patent that rig, son, you're loaded for bear!!!! That's one of the best home-made rigs I've EVER seen!!!!!!! All ya need now is a flashing strobe on each corner!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Seriously, you put a lot of good thought in that..and it shows.
Will have some news for everyone tomorrow...spent some time with the folks from Eskimo to put together a deal for us....I'll announce it here tomorrow or Tuesday.    Surfy, quit hoppin' up and down like that...ya look like an overweight, bearded kangaroo!!! :clap: Get me those pics of "your" little storm to me now,  we'll compare yours and mine to see who gets whining rights!!!
Hope everyone had a good Christmas....and gets a chance to get out soon.

Rebel
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #214 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Please forgive me Your Great Exaulted Poobaishness, I wasn't thinking straight ! With every local channel, radio stations and the older gentleman down the road with the signal flags blaring about the Blizzard of 2010, I was completely Consumed by thoughts of Chaos, mayhem, death and destruction !! Your gonna have to hold down the Fort Reb, while I figure out how I'm gonna survive this Cataclismic event !  I KNOW, I'll jump on my Trusty Ski Doo and take a little jaunt down to Mickey Ds and get me a burger ! , If by chance, I don't complete my mission in the face of such Adverse Odds, Reb, buddy, old pal, Please tell my Old Mo, Big Bertha that I did love her and I'll always think of her Fondlly ! Asta Lavista, My friends

Caution Dear Readers, This just a clever ploy by the author to distract you while he gets dressed and sneaks outside under the cover of darkness to make Snow Angels !   :woot: :cookoo: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #215 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Please forgive me Your Great Exaulted Poobaishness, I wasn't thinking straight ! With every local channel, radio stations and the older gentleman down the road with the signal flags blaring about the Blizzard of 2010, I was completely Consumed by thoughts of Chaos, mayhem, death and destruction !! Your gonna have to hold down the Fort Reb, while I figure out how I'm gonna survive this Cataclismic event !  I KNOW, I'll jump on my Trusty Ski Doo and take a little jaunt down to Mickey Ds and get me a burger ! , If by chance, I don't complete my mission in the face of such Adverse Odds, Reb, buddy, old pal, Please tell my Old Mo, Big Bertha that I did love her and I'll always think of her Fondlly ! Asta Lavista, My friends

What??  What !!

Problem solved !!!!

Just take Bertha with Ya... Slap her on the back of the Snowmobile... Gawd... toooo easy eh?

hmmmmmm ...   burger and Pork Rinds..... sounds like a celebration.... not a last meal.

Sorry to hear about your storm Surf, hope all are OK.

Wishing everyone a Awesome New Year.

8)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #216 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Looks like awful hefty "snow angels" to me... :whistle: Hope the dog don't fall in them... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #217 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:41 PM »
P.S.  How's she handle ?

Well ... on ice or hard snow or even flat dry concrete.. She handle's and pulls easy and great.

But in the deeper snow she is ... like you all said, it would happen ... she is a little harder to pull it through.
( not impossible but defiantly harder to pull)
Been thinking now of building a separate unit that can be placed under her.. with something with skies.

Hey Reb !!!! What is this deal thingy that you and Surf are a working on??? It sounds very exciting. Good luck with it you two.
Sorry having trouble trying to TYPE... keep laughing at a picture in my head of a bearded kangaroo!!! Let alone Overweight!!

8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #218 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Hey Reb

Happy holidays. Wishing you and yours a Awesome New Year!

Glad you made it through your winter Storm.

Been fishing lately?

8)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #219 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Nope....not yet, not with all the snow we have. 43" so far...blew away the old record for December. All slush and mush here, too deep for anyone to plow off the lake, and ice WAY to thin too drive out. We're gonna have to drive at least a 100 miles to find some....Hey RowdyRay!!!! Any better up there yet? What's the report? Worth me taking a trip up? Poor ol ' Surfy's gettin our blizzard from last week... ;D
I'll let you know the "deal" I'm working on with Eskimo when they call me tomorrrow or Tuesday with their answer.. :whistle:
Surfy's working on a logo for us.....we're starting to pile up a good group of members here...over 3000 views this afternoon. Figured we need a good logo. I have a friend that's a computer graphics whiz...I'll wait to see what Surfy comes up with, then have her send him some ideas, too. Should be fun!!!!!

Reb

Offline simbadon_s

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #220 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Hey thanks for all the reply's guys looks like im getting one

surflizard

« Reply #221 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Way to Go simbadon_s You will not regret it  ! Hey Reb, where are ya  ?? Wanda lock ya in the bathroom again ??   :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #222 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Hey Alta, have you seen the metal pipe runners the the Spearing shack guys use on their shacks ? Maybe give the spearing Thread a gander, I saw a couple there. I tried the snow angel trick, not a good plan ! The ground is way too hard and not nearly enough snow !  :'(   I improvised, I had a bunch of old wooden pallets, Some old Watery Diesel and a Map Gas Torch, SPLASH, SNAP, POOF, PRESTO FIRE !! :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #223 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Right here, ol' buddy!!! Looking at the latest weather out from NWS for the upcoming week...RAIN...warm temps...river flooding...AAARRRGGH!!!!! I'm NEVER gonna get out!!! WAAHHHHH! Minnesotas gonna merge with the Great Lakes!!! I'm heading up to the Great White North where there's REAL ice!!! If we get rain on top off all this snow, under which is slush and mush...it's gonna be a giant, half-melted snow cone!!!!!! I gotta go watch Grumpy Old Men before I blow!!!!  :%$#!: :%$#!: :nono:

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #224 on: Dec 26, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Made a tune-up tonight cause my old tc-300 would'nt start! Time to take off the carb and the gas tank(bottom filter) to clean them(oil depot) with polythinner(got to take off before,  one kind of ''O''  ring, in the carb, cause it's in plastic and plastic dont really like  polythinner) after three time of mount and unmount, air vane wrong side, Spring just get off twice....but  i won the battle with the air vane,i did it,,it's  working great again :)

I hate that stupid air vane and the 1/2 inche of space that we have to work on it.....

I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

surflizard

« Reply #225 on: Dec 26, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Thanks for the post and the diagram, Steven. I think thats part of our problem. The guys who dream up this new technology to make the engines, better, faster, CHEAPER, don't have to work on them to keep them running properly ! That is the main reason why I love my Old Model 8600 Shark, I can work on it !  ;D

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #226 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:16 PM »
Welcome,,if never someone need more...here's the link..==> http://www.cpdonline.com/694782.pdf

and also this one..==>  http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=tecumseh&mn=TC300-3143J&dn=ETC3100313143J-EN

surflizard

« Reply #227 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:13 AM »
Thank you Steven once again for posting those links ! That is what I call unilateral cooperation right there folks, Thats what makes this forum what it has become !! We can all take Great Pride in the fact that this Forum is what Most of us Eskimo Owners have wanted and needed for a long, long time !! Outstanding job everyone !!  :clap: :thumbsup:
                                                                                          Surf

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #228 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Made a tune-up tonight cause my old tc-300 would'nt start! Time to take off the carb and the gas tank(bottom filter) to clean them(oil depot) with polythinner(got to take off before,  one kind of ''O''  ring, in the carb, cause it's in plastic and plastic dont really like  polythinner) after three time of mount and unmount, air vane wrong side, Spring just get off twice....but  i won the battle with the air vane,i did it,,it's  working great again :)

I hate that stupid air vane and the 1/2 inche of space that we have to work on it.....

(Image removed from quote.)

I could have used this diagram about a month ago.  Thanks a lot.  That thing is a bugger.  All I got to say is break out the tweezers and forceps.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #229 on: Dec 27, 2010, 12:14 PM »
And then the spring bounces 37 feet away under your boat trailer...   :%$#!: That's when the beer comes in handy.  ;D

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #230 on: Dec 27, 2010, 03:55 PM »
The spring I lost was one of the two on the gas tank.  Went to put it back on, pulling on it with the pliers, ZING across the garage it went.  Never did find it.  Had to break out the "farmer engineering" and some bailing wire to take its place.  I'm sure my wife will find it come springtime "Honey how did this hole get in the box"  That thing took off like a rocket.

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #231 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Yes Adam...Those springs are dangerous! Yesterday during the battle with them...it cost me a Coors Light! :'(

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #232 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Did it put a hole in the can.  I got good money that says it did.

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #233 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:20 PM »
No it was a bottle..it goes directly on the floor!

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #234 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:31 PM »
has anyone here used a jiffy? do you know what you are missing out on? do you realize the power that jiffy has over all other augers?  (sorry to offend anyone but im seriously in love with my jiffy) :tipup:
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

surflizard

« Reply #235 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Welcome tip up time, Glad you dropped by. Yes, even other auger make owners are welcome to visit and chat with us MO Fanatics !  :roflmao: I have both, a Eskimo 10 " Shark and  a Jiffy 8 " Legend Lightning, the best part about both augers is the all metal Construction and The Tecumseh Motors ! The Eskimo is My primary big water, thick ice work horse and The Jiffy is the early ice light weight, get em punched and lets fish rig !

Question ? Is that jiffy your first one, Ahh, I remember my first auger, It was a Jiffy one armed Bandit, I loved it till it crushed 2 bones in my hand agaist a corner stud in the shack ! if my memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure after my hand healed up, I put a 12 Ga slug right through the brain pan of that old jiffy hand crusher and threw it in the dump !!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #236 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Ya, I've used Jiffy's for many years. It's like the ford vs Chevy debate...whatever works for ya.
See ya got dug out from that "little" blow, Surfy!!!!  ;D Looks like the Polaris got a good workout!!! Will be talking with the folks at Eskimo tomorrow, and hopefully will be able to break some good news for us 'Mo owners!
I got too tied up today and missed  a bunch of calls......working on those ice dams and 2' of snow on the roof. :%$#!:

surflizard

« Reply #237 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Take it easy on that roof stuff buddy ! I want to thank you again for taking the inititive and hooking up with the People at Ardisam, Good job Reb ! I think my email effort ended up in cyber space somewhere !  :'(  Ya it was a fun LITTLE blizzard !  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #238 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Thanks, Surfy. I'll be talking with them about the E-mail, too. ;)

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #239 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:06 PM »
has anyone here used a jiffy? do you know what you are missing out on? do you realize the power that jiffy has over all other augers?  (sorry to offend anyone but im seriously in love with my jiffy) :tipup:

yeah, I know what I am missing....Hard starting, poor cutting, poor running, unreliable crap ;D I sold my jiffy stx 3 years ago that I bought new and bought a new eskimo shark z71 3.7hp 10".......I still have not found a jiffy that can even come close! I will never buy another jiffy again! 15 yr old jiffys are 10x better than anything new from them now a days.
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.