The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363759 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #180 on: Dec 20, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Great...NOW ya tell me...  :o I always kinda figured it was YOU...you get the credit for this brotherhood, Surfy!!!! ::)  Steer the helm?! I ran my boat into a tree last summer!!!! :woot: However, I humbly accept the honor with gratitude, and will attempt to dispense knowledge (if I can find any) to further the cause and brotherhood of the F.O.E.A.O., from my snow palace somewhere in the bowels of southern Minnysoda. Here here!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #181 on: Dec 20, 2010, 08:19 AM »
That's why Your my Hero Reb, Your not gonna let something like Inconsequential like Smashin into a lttle ol'Tree Slow this Barge down One Bit !  :roflmao: :roflmao:  Oh by the way, Good luck with it,Your Exaultedness, Watch out, the Poop deck is quite Slick !  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #182 on: Dec 20, 2010, 08:48 AM »
With the weather right now, I can't even FIND the poop deck, much less the friggin' boat!!!! :%$#!:  Another 5-7" coming down!!!!! Anyone wanna stop in and see "Rebel's Winter Wonderland of Snow ", drop me a line!!! ;D  Hmmm...maybe National Geographic...."Giant Snow Caves of Minnysoda"... :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #183 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Anyone besides the Troutmaster get a chance to get out this weekend and hook a few?  ???

Offline MaxAntonious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Dec 20, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Question about my new Eskimo.

Had it out this past weekend for the first time and I had some leakage of fuel from the gas cap I believe.  Is there supposed to be some sort of washer or 'o' ring in the cap?   Mine does not have one and I did not come with one.
Fish Hard or Go Home

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #185 on: Dec 20, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Question about my new Eskimo.

Had it out this past weekend for the first time and I had some leakage of fuel from the gas cap I believe.  Is there supposed to be some sort of washer or 'o' ring in the cap?   Mine does not have one and I did not come with one.

Max...Your cap will have a flat piece of rubber with a "nub" on the top of it that is pushed down when you turn the silver vent knob on the cap to allow it to "breathe".....when you shut the auger off, close the cap vent, or it can drip if you have enough gas in the tank.  :)

Reb

PS...I think the Packers should have won last nite... ;)

Offline MaxAntonious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Well bummer, then I am missing a something. :(

There is nothing inside my cap.  It's just the plastic cap with a vent screw in the top.  There is a small washer between the head of the vent screw and the cap but nothing at all on the inside of the cap.  Guess I have to write eskimo a letter. 
Fish Hard or Go Home

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #187 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Nope...Call 'em at 1-800-345-6007. Make sure you tell 'em it's new. Let us know what ya found out... :) They're great to work with.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I finally got mine out this past weekend, all I can say is W0W!!!!!!!   :o

//.\\//.\\ark

surflizard

« Reply #189 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:43 AM »
Way to go Blue Devil, Nice shot ! Thanks for sharing the photo with us !  :thumbsup:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #190 on: Dec 21, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Good pic, BlueDevil!!! Bet you had a blast, eh?  ;D

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Dec 21, 2010, 01:31 PM »
I finally got mine out this past weekend, all I can say is W0W!!!!!!!   :o

(Image removed from quote.)

Thinking about picking myself up a Shark....how do those composite (or whatever they are) handles seem like they will hold up?  Just curious, I would assume you could get replacement ones if they happen to break?  Any feedback on it would be appreciated....thanks.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #192 on: Dec 21, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Welcome, Mightyjoe!!!! Haven't heard of any problems with the 'Mo composite handles yet...common sense would dictate that at -20 you probably don't want to drop it flat on hard ice!! :o  Eskimo is right across the border in Wisconsin, and great to work with...I wouldn't foresee any problems if you did need a replacement.
Anyone else with input on the composite handle?

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #193 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Hey AltaIce!

Calgary huh?  I'm in Saskatoon, we're getting pelted with freezing rain right now.  I think it's worse towards the southern part of the province.  I'm soo stoked to trying Z71 out this weekend, I'm just going to go for a 20 min drive to a common lake near ToonTown and pop a few holes.  As far as flashers go they are just a tool and you still have to catch the fish!!!!!  That being said, I don't know how I could have gone this long without sonar they definitely give you a peek at what's down there.  Best of luck this season, looking forward to seeing some photos!!!!
P.S.  I bought an extension and Eskimo bag for my auger online last night, LOL!!!!!
Hey "BlueDevil"
Sorry some how I missed your Post.
Ya, your so right about the catching part ... LOL ... I'm working on that part.
Just saw your last post and pic. Awesome, right on. Glad you like your Z71.

8)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #194 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Hmmmm Still waiting on that Eskimo F.O.E.A.O. Siggy!  8) ;D

surflizard

« Reply #195 on: Dec 23, 2010, 04:09 AM »
Don't feel bad KrazyKiaser, me too ! I've got a couple of designs that I'm kicking around, the tough part is getting them from the brain pan to the screen !  ;D My own personal computer Guru is right out straight making Dream catchers for gifts !

Do we have any computer Guru's here on the F.O.E.A.O Thread that can help to get this Custom signature Banner idea off the ground ?? Any help with this would be Greatly Appreciated !!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #196 on: Dec 23, 2010, 01:45 PM »
MaxAntonious.... Did you get your "cap" problem taken care of???? Just wondering how it went for ya....if I can help, let me know!!!   ;D                   

Reb

Offline MaxAntonious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #197 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Yes I did thanks  :)  I checked and I do in fact have that rubber cap insert.  I was looking for an 'o' ring or washer type thing.  I pulled the cap and looked at it in the light and it is there.  I don't know now where the gas leaked out.  It is entirely possible that I didn't have the cap snugged down tight enough I guess. 

I'm going to fill up the tank again, make sure everything is closed and hang the auger upside down and see if anything leaks  :P

Fish Hard or Go Home

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #198 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Yes I did thanks  :)  I checked and I do in fact have that rubber cap insert.  I was looking for an 'o' ring or washer type thing.  I pulled the cap and looked at it in the light and it is there.  I don't know now where the gas leaked out.  It is entirely possible that I didn't have the cap snugged down tight enough I guess.  

I'm going to fill up the tank again, make sure everything is closed and hang the auger upside down and see if anything leaks  :P

Don't know if I'd hang it upside down, but.. ;D Just make sure that vent is closed, and lay it on it's side. If it doesn't leak then, you're good to go. I also occasionally put a little silicone spray on that rubber insert to keep it from drying out, too. Let me know how it goes!!!!!

Reb

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #199 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:40 PM »
I would like to wish everyone and their families on this thread AND the IS site a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!
This thread started out just for fun, thanks to Surfy, and I just kinda chipped in my 2 cents here and there to keep 'er rolling....and boy, did it roll!!!! Let's continue to have fun here, share those pic's of our good ol' Eskimos, and our little "tips 'n tricks". I am working with Ardisam on something right now...hopefully, it will come to fruition for all of our benefit.  I'll keep ya updated....anyway, enjoy your holidays...may they be peaceful and happy.   :)

Rebel

surflizard

« Reply #200 on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:36 PM »
You are much too modest Reb, I couldn't have kept her rollin with out you buddy ! Too many thanks to you to fit on here !! :roflmao: I hope your scheme works out Reb, I was also in touch with the fine folks at Ardisam today, pitchin my scheme, we shall see ! :whistle: I would like to say thanks to everyone who has posted here and who has in turn, helped to create what we fondly call the F.O.E.A.O. Forum !  :clap: :clap:

I want to wish all of you Mo, Manipulating, Maniacs and the rest of the Ice shanty Bretheren, A Very Merry Christmas and a Fish Filled new Year !!

You Guys Rule !!

Surf

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #201 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:55 AM »
Christmas Toast and wish.

Here's to the friendly folks of F.O.E.A.O. Here's to Surf for giving us " Mo's" a thread to share our "Mo" stories and  jokes.   To both Surf and Reb who have helped us and allowed us all a chance to learn , speak about and share our thoughts and pictures of the great sport we al call " Ice Fishing". To giving us a chance to help each other.

Here's to The Awesome folks at Ice shanty for giving us all a place to meet and learn from others all around the world, as the world is not as big as one would like to think, for bringing us all together.

Here's to you: and I wish we all keep out sense of humor and keep the ability to laugh amongst ourselves and with each other.

And ... And... and most of all here is the fact and hope that all of us get a chance to spend time with all those they love and learn from and all get that CHANCE to share all the  " PORK RINDS "  , yes I said " pork rinds" they can handle.

And for those of us that have loved ones that are doing something that helps us all from the grounds of another country
( In which we are all internally grateful) I know you have them your hearts and we all do.

Please be safe

Enjoy your day and all those around you.
 Wishing you All a wonderful holiday season and the best of the New Year.

AltaIce
       8)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #202 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I to want to wish everyone here a great holiday!!!! And also thanks to all who have helped me out. IS is a great site and F.O.E.A.O. is the bomb! Merry christmas and happy new year Eskimo bro's!!! And may you all have tight lines!

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #203 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Merry Christmas MO owners.  Tight Lines and cold beer for all.

Offline simbadon_s

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #204 on: Dec 25, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a stingray 8" what do you think is that a good one compared to the other models as in is it going to hold up or is this the cheap mans model

surflizard

« Reply #205 on: Dec 26, 2010, 05:28 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty simbadon_s and to the F.O.E.A.O. Forum, Glad to have you aboard ! In my Opinion, the Stingrays aren't any Cheaper than the the top of the line Model Z71s, just lower priced is all ! We have a couple of Ray Owner/Operators here and I'll bet you a years supply of Pork Rinds that they can answer any questions that you have about the Stingrays Ruggedness, Reliability and ice cutting Capabilities much better than I can ! they are probably still tucked warm in their beds with visions of Pork Rinds dancing thru their heads !  Come on Guys, Up and At em, we got work to do !!    :roflmao:

P.S. Just keep yours eyes open, they tend to be a little Unpredictable after a Pork Rind Bender !  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #206 on: Dec 26, 2010, 11:20 AM »
OK, OK, quit your yappin...I just got up!!!!!! ;D Someone drank ALL my MGD, or I'd have been up sooner...plus the Eskimo Bikini Team girls were just walking in the house...  :whistle:  Simbadon_s: Read the earlier posts, and check out the pictures of me and RowdyRay...we both run ray's. (ha ha!)
Mine's going on 6 years now, and still rocking!!! My cousin up north pounds his relentlessly every day, doing guide fishing. His is six years old, and still going strong.  Eskimo doesn't build "Cheaper" models...the ray's just have the smaller Viper 33cc engine, all steel handles, Quantum blades.  Just as bulletproof as the sharks and the other ones. Lots of them out there!!! Heartily recommended!  :thumbsup:

surflizard

« Reply #207 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Sorry simbadon_s, My bad, I forgot to mention Occasionally Delusional  also !!   :wacko: :cookoo: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #208 on: Dec 26, 2010, 01:00 PM »
You probably need to explain that to him, O Master of  Mitigated Mayhem....he might think you're referring to the Stingray, and not what you perceive as my delusional 'Mo Girls guests ...;D >:D.....

PS....That is NOT a bad case of dermatitis on your face, Surfy, it's just dried PORK RIND crumbs... :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #209 on: Dec 26, 2010, 01:11 PM »
You mean Wandering, Warty, Wanda, the Laundry Mat Queen is your House guest ?? Outstanding Reb, Good for you, you Old Sly Dog you !   :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.