Author Topic: wicked  (Read 3205 times)

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
wicked
« on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I just recieved my 13 fishing wicked medium 25''   I thought it was a thicker rod. But I like it just wondering if it will be ok for walleye and maybe pike

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: wicked
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Yes will be fine, I have a couple 13 Wickeds and love them...

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Ok thank you can I ask what pound line do u run  I will be fishing trout  perch walleye and pike

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:34 AM »
Walleye I run #4 and #6 mono, I dont fish for pike and no lakers...My go to walleye rods are a Thorne Brother Panfish Sweetheart, and a DH Customs Perch Pounder....The TB has ice 8 pound eyes easily...Not even sure I own a med actiong ice rod anymore, my Wickeds are UL and Light action panfish and perch set ups but handle the eyes fine to...

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Ok thank you. We don't have lake trout around here  just browns and brook.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Only stocked rainbows here, I dont fish them since I dont like eating trout LOL

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2013, 11:00 AM »
 There not to bad  but they not an eye  but it the only lake we can get one for now waiting for the big lake

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Can you guys get other reels to fit there reel seats? Luckily I got combo and reel is perfect. But i tried another reel and could barley get the reel seat to thread down nice. cause the reel seat on the wicked is small for there brand of reel.
I actually love that rod and wanted to get another but it has me kinda worried if I ever wanted to use one of my other reels..... Any insight?

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:34 PM »
I have the Okuma 2/3 SLV on a wicked buddy has a non 13 reel on his also, not sure what brand though...I also have an Abu 400UI on one to...

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Can you guys get other reels to fit there reel seats? Luckily I got combo and reel is perfect. But i tried another reel and could barley get the reel seat to thread down nice. cause the reel seat on the wicked is small for there brand of reel.
I actually love that rod and wanted to get another but it has me kinda worried if I ever wanted to use one of my other reels..... Any insight?

I've never tried. I'll try tomorrow and see.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline hazy_eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:54 AM »
I have the same rod and love it. I have and eagle claw on it and did notice that I bent the reel seat a little from tightening it too much. Want to pull the trigger on a white out.

Offline michiganpolarbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:53 AM »
jumbo perch rod is what it sound like? i went with a 32 inch ice hopper/ice slammer rods from sportsmensdirect.com  in a medium heavy action and am happy with them. could go heavy to for pike thought could  be  more like a tongue rod if you got size to your fish. tongue rods are  used on bigger fish. like i said for walleye and light duty pike with these in a medium heavy will work and i am sure the 13 fishing will do the same..  most medium rods i have tried are jumbo perch rods and  light walleye rods.  you get a big enough  one  on and will tire slower with the medium action and be a pain to fight.  if their that light you should exchange it right away if you don't like  and see if you can get the mh or h..the extra shipping maybe worth it?   

Offline Invader440

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:24 AM »
i went with a 32 inch ice hopper/ice slammer rods from sportsmensdirect.com  in a medium heavy action and am happy with them.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses these rods.  I use a medium light for perch, medium for Walleye and a I'm setting up a medium heavy for dead sticking a quick strike rig for Northerns.

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Ok. Idk how much I will be after pike and walleye but I know they are in one of the lakes. And I'm hoping to get up the lake erie for perch this yr

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:06 PM »
I've never tried. I'll try tomorrow and see.

The reel I tried was a shimano. Didn't try any other brands. You would thing reel seat would be standard from rod to rod and reel foots standard reel to reel but there not... Should be though!

Offline 00tjwrangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I finally got to use my wicked combo today. I can say it handled great I caught an 18inch brook trout breeder

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:53 PM »
So are you guys able to use other reels on them?

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:57 PM »
I have 4 wickeds and have spinning reels clam spoolers and frabill straight line on them i dont have any problems fitting reels of all types on the rods!!!
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Thanks!!!  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.